Jump to content
REDAs_biG_piECE

Westwood/Dawson sums up Monk

Recommended Posts

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

 

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

 

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

 

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)
 

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

 

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

 

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be very naive to think that Westwood's not getting in the squad because of two balls he dropped at Swansea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah go on then Owlstalk experts please dazzle me with your accurate inside information as why Westy ain’t getting a look in

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have confidence in both keepers, both have been as good/bad as each other.  

 

The conflict seems to be personnel and you need players who you can trust at the end of the day.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s with all this laughing talk, managers laughing, players laughing, it doesn’t mean they’re not as disappointed as the fans after a lost. It could mean unlike some fans they understand it’s just a game of football. Let’s not forget Luton wanted to win as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

 

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

 

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

 

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)
 

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

 

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

 

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

What did you want him to do v Cardiff run behind the player and pull his shorts down round his ankles. Watch video back he was trying to get attention of the linesman. Laughing and joking with crowd when he was getting mugged off v Luton he wasnt laughing with them he was laughing at them being stupid if he turen round and shouted "right you set of ankers  Gimmie the ball or I'm telling on you to the ref" hed have got sent off or something for antagonism of the crown etc bleeed me dry the lad is only young leave him alone. An experienced stopper that's cropped most of the time now and starting to make mistakes had for 2 managers now caused issues. So rightly so dawson in net until we can buy some more quality. End of day a keeper is also only as good as the defence that's infront of him and ours been terrible lately he didnt tell iorfa to do a week back pass or owt. I agree with consistency though because Westwood seems to co consistently peeee off managers 

Edited by Lomas613

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are apparently rumblings of discontent in the camp regarding Westwood’s attitude towards wanting to named on the team sheet 

 

Or put another way he thinks he’s bigger than the club and can do what the phook he wants because he’s one of our biggest wage stealers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Ah go on then Owlstalk experts please dazzle me with your accurate inside information as why Westy ain’t getting a look in

Here ya go then - there's no I in team ;-)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, horny owl said:

There are apparently rumblings of discontent in the camp regarding Westwood’s attitude towards wanting to named on the team sheet 

 

Or put another way he thinks he’s bigger than the club and can do what the phook he wants because he’s one of our biggest wage stealers


What is the source of this information please?

 

The strong managers didn’t seem to have this problem putting our best keeper between the sticks just cos he might be a bit tricky to handle

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westwood has made many more mistakes than Swansea.  Sent off at Reading, lost us the games at Millwall and West Brom.  Dawson has a long way to go before he matches that level of ineptitude and we have not even got on to his injury record.  Like it or not Dawson is the future.  Get off his back and get behind him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Here ya go then - there's no I in team ;-)


Wow cast iron solid proof that he’s a bad egg right there :rolleyes:

Jesus....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, REDAs_biG_piECE said:


Wow cast iron solid proof that he’s a bad egg right there :rolleyes:

Jesus....

The fact that you "have a serious wood" for Westwood is blurring your vision pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Ah go on then Owlstalk experts please dazzle me with your accurate inside information as why Westy ain’t getting a look in

The poster above is tight it as nothing to do performances 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea

 

Westwood was at fault for far more conceded goals than against Swansea. At least three games on the trot he gifted goals away. Rightly dropped & can't handle the bruised ego so sulks & feigns a shoulder injury to avoid sitting on the bench. Poor form KW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Here ya go then - there's no I in team ;-)

And as someone else once said there’s no effin team either.
 

Is Storm Dennis here yet? Is he starting? Sounds like a real prospect.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

 

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

 

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

 

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)
 

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

 

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

 

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

If you're looking for consistency, try Westwood/Hutchinson falling out with yet another Coach for size. Bad apples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you lot are happy to accept a lesser player in net just because he smiles and has a nice attitude and were happy that Westwood was dropped for mistakes

 

Then surely you should be advocating for Wildsmith being in net now that Dawson is making howler after howler yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marble said:

If you're looking for consistency, try Westwood/Hutchinson falling out with yet another Coach for size. Bad apples


And your primary evidence as proof of this is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

 Let’s not forget Luton wanted to win as well. 

Well that's not very sporting of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...