Clear out that's 2 years too late

Hopefully this summer the clear out that's been needed for 2 and 1/2 years will happen , 10 players out of contract and 5 loans heading back to there respected clubs should mean an emphasis on blooding youngsters and getting the recruitment strategy on point .. what worries me with chansiri is he has consistently tried to do this on his own with the help of doyen sports (dont get me started). If he really cares about this club a clear strategy is needed of the pitch before we see anything decent on it . If he doesnt start implementing serious change then he has too sell up ... the players deserve all the criticism they are getting at the moment .. the manager too deserves a bit of stick but sooner or later this amazing support we have will be turning around and sticking it on chansiri . And in my opinion rightly so . Wawaw

54 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Hopefully this summer the clear out that's been needed for 2 and 1/2 years will happen , 10 players out of contract and 5 loans heading back to there respected clubs should mean an emphasis on blooding youngsters and getting the recruitment strategy on point .. what worries me with chansiri is he has consistently tried to do this on his own with the help of doyen sports (dont get me started). If he really cares about this club a clear strategy is needed of the pitch before we see anything decent on it . If he doesnt start implementing serious change then he has too sell up ... the players deserve all the criticism they are getting at the moment .. the manager too deserves a bit of stick but sooner or later this amazing support we have will be turning around and sticking it on chansiri . And in my opinion rightly so . Wawaw

Revolutionary.

Where do you get your ideas ?

Clear outs generally aren’t the best way forward, it’s much better if it’s ongoing process, and the squad evolves. Having said that, we managed to get rid of a few last summer, and this summer provides another opportunity. The problem is, trying to replace those that leave. Look at last year for example. 
The 7 players brought in by Bruce, haven’t exactly improved us have they? Listen to the comments on here, none of those new arrivals have escaped criticism. A few started off well, but even they have fallen away alarmingly, which suggests the problem is ongoing. Who’s to say the next batch of recruitment, won’t do the same. 
I suppose my point is, if we don’t get the right people in to source the replacements, the downward spiral will continue. 

Edited by gurujuan

Right I’m going to post something that the experts on here will see as b*ll***s and it most probably is but I was reading an article on the BBC website about Dortmund.

Now before everyone starts, obviously we are way out of Dortmund’s league of course but the point I want to make is they have a certain way of doing things when it comes to style of play, sourcing players whether it be from outside or inside the club, mainly youngsters who can improve as players, therefore improving the team then becoming substantially saleable assets which continue to sustain the running of the club. I remember seeing years ago on one of those Bundesliga magazine shows when Klopp was there they had some sort of training device which helped to develop passing, touch and awareness.

In short they have a plan, they’ve stuck to it and reaped the rewards. I just hope I live to see the day we do something similar to progress our club but I would be very surprised if it happens under the current regime sadly?:sad:

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Right I’m going to post something that the experts on here will see as b*ll***s and it most probably is but I was reading an article on the BBC website about Dortmund.

Now before everyone starts, obviously we are way out of Dortmund’s league of course but the point I want to make is they have a certain way of doing things when it comes to style of play, sourcing players whether it be from outside or inside the club, mainly youngsters who can improve as players, therefore improving the team then becoming substantially saleable assets which continue to sustain the running of the club. I remember seeing years ago on one of those Bundesliga magazine shows when Klopp was there they had some sort of training device which helped to develop passing, touch and awareness.

In short they have a plan, they’ve stuck to it and reaped the rewards. I just hope I live to see the day we do something similar to progress our club but I would be very surprised if it happens under the current regime sadly?:sad:

I think that is the model, all but the richest clubs aspire to, but most of course fail. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Another thing to consider, for those demanding we get rid of all Carlos’s flops, only two of the starting line up against Luton, were Carlos signings

I've been saying the same thing over the last few weeks. There is a large group of posters that are blaming the out of contract in the summer players, accusing them of downing tools or not caring about the club and varying degrees of blaming Carlos or the chairman for signing these players, when in reality there were only 2 involved from the start at Barnsley and Luton.

We have been steadily trimming the players from the playoff seasons over the last couple of years and no doubt many of them will leave in the summer, but those out of contract are not responsible for our current run of awful form, that buck stops with the team responsible for coaching the players and chosing the tactics. That is Monk and the backroom team, which I sadly include Bullen in. Time for them to go.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We don't have a plan and never have since DC took over.

We are about as far away from well run club like Dortmund as you can get.

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

I've been saying the same thing over the last few weeks. There is a large group of posters that are blaming the out of contract in the summer players, accusing them of downing tools or not caring about the club and varying degrees of blaming Carlos or the chairman for signing these players, when in reality there were only 2 involved from the start at Barnsley and Luton.

We have been steadily trimming the players from the playoff seasons over the last couple of years and no doubt many of them will leave in the summer, but those out of contract are not responsible for our current run of awful form, that buck stops with the team responsible for coaching the players and chosing the tactics. That is Monk and the backroom team, which I sadly include Bullen in. Time for them to go.

It's not just about the play off bottlers starting now.

More importantly, the mismanagement that's allowed them to still be here, on big wages, preventing us bringing more quality into the squad.

Huddersfield in the play-offs. That was the time. The natural cut off point for Carlos and most of this group. As others have alluded to above a lot of fans saw this as soon as the final whistle blew.

Chansiri didn’t and we’ve been living with the consequences since. Personally I think almost every problem we have right now ultimately stems from the lack of action after that. It’s a team that’s carried a play-off hangover for 3 years. 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Every single one of the out of contract players apart from Fox need to be shown the door. If Monk renews any of them no matter how they perform until the end of the season he needs sectioning. 

I would let Fox leave as well, he has had 3 good months out of 3 years, that have coincidentally coincided with his contract running out...…………….we fell for this two years ago with Nuhiu.

Edited by sheriwozgod

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I posted that the other day and i agree totally.

Of course you need a man with a vision, plan and team to implement it.

Mars is closer to that than we are.

Guest Ferkorf
3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Every single one of the out of contract players apart from Fox need to be shown the door. If Monk renews any of them no matter how they perform until the end of the season he needs sectioning. 

May aswell get rid of him aswell.

Hes only been good 3 months out of the last 2 years.

Captain Insano shows no mercy

42 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Huddersfield in the play-offs. That was the time. The natural cut off point for Carlos and most of this group. As others have alluded to above a lot of fans saw this as soon as the final whistle blew.

Chansiri didn’t and we’ve been living with the consequences since. Personally I think almost every problem we have right now ultimately stems from the lack of action after that. It’s a team that’s carried a play-off hangover for 3 years. 

My suspicions started the season before in the playoff final

That one game made me consider if the club had what it takes to go forward

When the three or four changes we needed that summer weren’t made Carlos was done for me

Huddersfield was a byproduct of that failure to address our problems

And of course all of this stems from chansiri as well as a long list of failings on his part

Ive said many times before on here and I’ll say it again

I wouldn’t trust chansiri to run a Bath never mind a football club.

3 minutes ago, horny owl said:

When the three or four changes we needed that summer weren’t made Carlos was done for me

And of course all of this stems from chansiri as well as a long list of failings on his part

Most people are slowly coming to that conclusion.

The big question is, what happens next ?

4 minutes ago, horny owl said:

A fair point and I had the same concerns after Wembley. I remember being sat watching that Villa game to start the season and after about 20 minutes thinking something felt “off”. I also recall making the play-offs masking what was actually a pretty poor season, with a notable change in style of how this team played.

Huddersfield was the categorical point when Carlos/certain players should have gone, but the signs were absolutely there at Wembley.