Darko Nejašmić

11 hours ago, malek said:

Every now and then some club will make a huge mistake that will haunt them for decades.

Hajduk Split are quite famous for doing this. Long time ago they turned down chance to sign Zvonimir Boban, and decided to bring in Mario Gregurević instead of Luka Modrić.

Yesterday they made even more obvious one after falling out with young midfielder Darko Nejašmić and sending him out on loan to Olimpija Ljubljana. 

This guy was their best player for last couple of years, and best talent they brought through in quite some time.

I believe there is a window of opportunity to bring him here (if not now then in the summer). In my opinion he is a genuine quality, player that would improve us right now and earn us millions in few years time.

Hope Wednesday scouts are doing their job and are aware of his situation and quality he would bring to Hillsborough.

Going for the broken clock tactic

11 hours ago, malek said:

So glad you remember me mentioning Tom Hateley, but remember in what situation we were back then, and I never said he was "the next big thing", but interesting talent I wanted us to have a look at. (I guess still better then what we had back then).

However, last Croatian talent I mentioned on here was Hrvoje Vlašić who was back then available for around 1m, couple of years later he signed for Everton for 7m and this last year was best player in Croatia's national squad.

Looking at Tom Hately's career it doesn't appear that he has ever been better than what we have had at any time in our entire history. 

Rocky Lekaj? I suppose Matt Pennay has still got time to become a world beater.....

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Looking at Tom Hately's career it doesn't appear that he has ever been better than what we have had at any time in our entire history. 

Rocky Lekaj? I suppose Matt Pennay has still got time to become a world beater.....

At least Malek is looking to think outside the box and coming up with names..

49 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

That most posters on here were SCREAMING at the club to bring in, no matter what the cost, same with Rhodes.

Not sure that many were saying no matter what the cost and had we been aware of just how unfit Wickham appears to be then a few might have changed their opinion. 

Hopefully it's a matter of match fitness and he will look better with each game he plays.....

Just now, Costello 77 said:

At least Malek is looking to think outside the box and coming up with names..

OK, doesn't mean it is going to work though does it? 

Anyone can pluck a player out from far afield and say they might look the part, a lot more goes into taking a player on than that. 

The club have looked outside the box before - there are plenty of players we have signed that nobody has ever heard of, and nobody has heard much of them since!

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

OK, doesn't mean it is going to work though does it? 

Anyone can pluck a player out from far afield and say they might look the part, a lot more goes into taking a player on than that. 

The club have looked outside the box before - there are plenty of players we have signed that nobody has ever heard of, and nobody has heard much of them since!

You're getting a poster on a fans forum muddled up with the club there..

I don't mind names being put up for debate on here.

28 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You're getting a poster on a fans forum muddled up with the club there..

I don't mind names being put up for debate on here.

But you praised him for looking at 'outside of the box' options. Fair enough some supporters don't do that but the club have done plenty of times so can't be critical of the club on that, which some have been.

Also, if you are going to put 'outside of the box' options forward then it is surely only natural that others will judge you on your record on that front? 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But you praised him for looking at 'outside of the box' options. Fair enough some supporters don't do that but the club have done plenty of times so can't be critical of the club on that, which some have been.

Also, if you are going to put 'outside of the box' options forward then it is surely only natural that others will judge you on your record on that front? 

I didn't "praise" him for anything.. I also haven't been "critical" of the club.. there's nothing more to my initial post than what's there.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I didn't "praise" him for anything.. I also haven't been "critical" of the club.. there's nothing more to my initial post than what's there.

I didn't say you had been critical of the club on this.

By saying 'at least he is looking outside of the box' in response to my post is sort of praise.

All I have said is it is worth reviewing the players he has put forward previously on this basis. What is wrong with that?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I didn't say you had been critical of the club on this.

By saying 'at least he is looking outside of the box' in response to my post is sort of praise.

All I have said is it is worth reviewing the players he has put forward previously on this basis. What is wrong with that?

Nothing.. I don't know why you're getting your knickers in a twist.

12 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

He'll end up at Brentford or some other better run club that picks up talent and sells em on for a huge profit. We don't do things like that cos it's too sensible and forward thinking. :duntmatter:

You don't just 'buy' family members to just sell on for this..this "profit" you speak of... Pffft

We're a family here at Sheffield Wednesday..we'll have none of your profits thankyou very much

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Nothing.. I don't know why you're getting your knickers in a twist.

Why do you keep replying to me then! :unsure:

I agree, we are debating over nothing here - hope some 'outside of the box' signings like Borner, Nuhiu, Da Cruz and some more conventional signings cheer me up this afternoon.