Wednesday -V- Reading OMDT

Two positives from that performance:

1. We showed some effort

2. Murphy played well, hopefully promoting Monk to go back to playing with at least one proper winger

The ref was awful - he got the sending off and penalty spot on but aside from that contributed in some way to the defeat.

The main reason for the defeat was individual errors again. I have no idea how our defending has become so awful, that's not down to anything other than the players just making terrible mistakes.

Edited by Binky Griptite

Just now, erowl said:

You prefer Da Cruz?

No. And Murphy played well when he came on.

But football supporters are like toddlers sometimes just throwing stuff out randomly in all directions with no perspective, consistency, honesty or accountability. For much of the season Murphy has been one of those most criticised for not being good enough and now we've got someone (not you by the way) going on as if it's an outrage he's not one of the first names on the team sheet.

Got to be honest I don’t blame monk anywhere near as much as I do these players. They are no way performing anywhere near what they are capable of. Unfortunately I think Monk will have to leave though to give us any chance of staying up. However saying that as soon as you see Pessy and Nuhiu starting you fear the worse. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 3

what wee wees me off is when Monk is sacked and surely even DC will do that  the team will probably start playing now some will say thats a good thing 

it is but it means this bag of sh*te playing in our shirts are a toxic lot who are putting the club in danger by downing tools 

I'm at a loss to know wtf we do now 

chansiri goes what sort of financial black hole does he leave ?

Monk goes who the heck do we get next ?

• Like 1

Just now, DJMortimer said:

But football supporters are like toddlers sometimes just throwing stuff out randomly in all directions with no perspective, consistency, honesty or accountability. For much of the season Murphy has been one of those most criticised for not being good enough and now we've got someone (not you by the way) going on as if it's an outrage he's not one of the first names on the team sheet.

I've slated Murphy myself earlier in the season so I'm as fickle as the next guy but that Da Cruz looks way off to me.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Maybe that person didn't want him dropped in the first place. The fickle allegation only works if you're referring to the same people. And it's not unreasonable to think a player should be dropped and, when his replacement is even worse, want him reinstated. 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

what wee wees me off is when Monk is sacked and surely even DC will do that  the team will probably start playing now some will say thats a good thing 

it is but it means this bag of sh*te playing in our shirts are a toxic lot who are putting the club in danger by downing tools 

exactly this. Those players are a disgrace. Really fear the worse on who DC would get next. He will probably just give it to sodding Bullen. 

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Everyone is extremely angry..

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Bullen til end of season then see where we are points deduction n all. 

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And then we get a load of kids and free transfers in on the cheap - because we have no option - and we will expect things to get better.  Mismanagement on an epic scale.

Results and performances have obviously been woeful and supporters are doing what they usually do - thrashing around trying to find someone to blame. But for me, this is THE issue. We recklessly and giddily threw money around in those first two years under Chansiri and now the chickens are coming home to roost. The lack of a coherent and long term strategy is currently looking like the death of a thousand cuts. And with the EFL legal action yet to be resolved, it could get a whole lot worse yet.

But yeah, let's focus on whether Monk should be sacked or if Dawson is better than Westwood or why Hutchinson is being left out. 

Edited by DJMortimer

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And then we get a load of kids and free transfers in on the cheap - because we have no option - and we will expect things to get better.  Mismanagement on an epic scale.

Can build a good side on free transfers if they have effort.

Cardiff and Pigs spring to mind.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Results and performances have obviously been woeful and supporters are doing what they usually do - thrashing around trying to find someone to blame, often. But for me, this is THE issue. We recklessly and giddily threw money around in those first two years under Chansiri and now the chickens are coming home to roost. The lack of a coherent and long term strategy is currently looking like the death of a thousand cuts. And with the EFL legal action yet to be resolved, it could get a whole lot worse yet.

But yeah, let's focus on whether Monk should be sacked or if Dawson is better than Westwood or why Hutchinson is being left out. 

The squad that just failed should have been tweaked gradually. A whole new team next year could be even worse than the current mob - hard though that is to believe.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Results and performances have obviously been woeful and supporters are doing what they usually do - thrashing around trying to find someone to blame, often. But for me, this is THE issue. We recklessly and giddily threw money around in those first two years under Chansiri and now the chickens are coming home to roost. The lack of a coherent and long term strategy is currently looking like the death of a thousand cuts. And with the EFL legal action yet to be resolved, it could get a whole lot worse yet.

Absolutely bang on.

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Maybe that person didn't want him dropped in the first place. The fickle allegation only works if you're referring to the same people. And it's not unreasonable to think a player should be dropped and, when his replacement is even worse, want him reinstated. 

I thought we only signed players who were better than what we have?

Thats the disappointment.