Wednesday -V- Reading OMDT

34 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

OT regulars may remember the change of pre match breakfast routine after the Blackburn massacre. Out went the tried and tested Bacon and Eggy bread to the more continental style Greek Yoghurt and Muesli. That doesn’t seem to have worked either so at no expense spared the boy and I have had kippers sent down from the Angus coast last night on the  Caledonian Sleeper.

Fingers crossed that this new breakfast formation works.

I think that's our only hope.

On a positive note, if it does work, with the way kippers repeat on you, we could go on an amazing run. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

OT regulars may remember the change of pre match breakfast routine after the Blackburn massacre. Out went the tried and tested Bacon and Eggy bread to the more continental style Greek Yoghurt and Muesli. That doesn’t seem to have worked either so at no expense spared the boy and I have had kippers sent down from the Angus coast last night on the  Caledonian Sleeper.

Smack’s of desperation.

You need a settled breakfast. Chopping and changing every game won’t help. Perhaps it’s not the menu. Could be the chef.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Smack’s of desperation.

You need a settled breakfast. Chopping and changing every game won’t help. Perhaps it’s not the menu. Could be the chef.

Looking at our midweek formation, Monk must have had porridge and egg for his breakfast.

41 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

Well if it doesn't, we know who to blame.

There will be several threads on here titled Kippers out! and the kop will be chanting 'you're not fit to be on the plate' at full time. 

lol

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

How can a team that looks so good on paper look so carp on grass?

Dawson

Palmer        Iorfa       Borner     Fox

Windass        Lee      Bannan       

Forestieri    Wickham     Da Cruz

Sadly I'm not sure it will line up like that....

23 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

How can a team that looks so good on paper look so carp on grass?

Dawson

Palmer        Iorfa       Borner     Fox

Windass        Lee      Bannan       

Forestieri    Wickham     Da Cruz

The lack of a strong central midfielder 

35 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

It's only Reading. No reason we can't get a result today and forget the misery of the last few weeks. And if we are s#$&e again, well, it's only a game of football and win or lose, the result is likely to mean nowt in the big scheme of things. Realistically, we are just playing for the fans and Monk should be getting ready for the summer rebuild, regardless of whether he's up to the job. WAWAW 

No reason we couldnt get a result for 3 games before that apart from us being dreadful and in a some kind of strop

Quality outer space omdt mi lord. Men have spent centuries looking for a Klytus & you had your finger on the button all along!

Thank fk we're not playing anybody in the bottom three this week :biggrin: After our one point haul against them.

Hopefully mid table Reading will be less arsed than us................

But for once we might actually out sing the away fans.

Christ knows what will happen. Look at that recent results comparison. It's gonna be 1-1 with us conceding late on. Marvellous.

UTO.

• Haha 2

We really need to stop the rot today.

I would drop Barry Bannan  today, we need to be more pragmatic across midfield and stop the opposition running straight through us.

Also I think Bannan needs a rest and to refocus his game, he no longer plays any short pass and move balls and Is looking for the long cross field pass which look great but not sure how effective they are. ( Maybe tactically he is told do this.)

I watched Preston on TV a couple of weeks ago and the little dirty git Pearson is just the type of player we need. He not only breaks down attacks but he breaks forward and supplements attack and also I have never noticed before but he very rarely gives the ball away, he plays short passes and moves into space for the return pass, something our midfield have forgotten how to do.

If the players turn up, I think we win today, Reading just had a horrible fixture list playing every 2-3 days and on a similarly poor run of form. 

Biggest challenge for us today is selecting 11 players who want to play for the club, not those playing just because they're getting paid (pathetic state of affairs I know). Dont care if their mates not playing, not friends with the manager, expect plenty of running in their legs, effort and determination as an absolute minimum to earn the right to show whatever quality we have on the pitch.

Back to basics, solid shape, close down quickly, win 50/50's, be first to the second ball and play towards the opposition goal. 

2-0 Wednesday 

• Like 1