When will we be within the spending limits?

Serious question:

If we assume that the players that we have recently recruited into“permanent” contract are on “sensible” wages, when will we be back within the £39m spending limit? In other words, how long is left on the contracts of the big earners? 

The reason I ask this is because I think that Chansiri won’t sell the club until it is within the £39m limits thus becoming a more saleable asset. 

Edited by shandypants

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Serious question:

If we assume that the players that we have recently recruited into“permanent” contract are on “sensible” wages, when will we be back within the £39m spending limit? In other words, how long is left on the contracts of the big earners? 

The reason I ask this is because I think that Chansiri won’t sell the club until it is within the £39m limits thus becoming a more saleable asset. 

From what I understand if you class chansiri first season as number 1 so the main big spending one and the second big spending as 2

After three years has passed then number 1 drops off then the second becomes the first of the three year cycle until another year passes then that one drops of.

So the 2016/2017 season number 2 season is still in our three after this season finishes it's gone.

Since then we haven't really spent so once contracts gone etc we can sort of rebuild and spend but more wisely ready in the 2020/2021 season 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

From what I understand if you class chansiri first season as number 1 so the main big spending one and the second big spending as 2

After three years has passed then number 1 drops off then the second becomes the first of the three year cycle until another year passes then that one drops of.

So the 2016/2017 season number 2 season is still in our three after this season finishes it's gone.

Since then we haven't really spent so once contracts gone etc we can sort of rebuild and spend but more wisely ready in the 2020/2021 season 

Thank you. I expected to be ridiculed for my question. My faith in humanity is restored. 

Just now, shandypants said:

Thank you. I expected to be ridiculed for my question. My faith in humanity is restored. 

Haha did that even make any sense tbf best way to sort of understand it (well helped for me) count them on your fingers starting with your thumb by the time you get too your wedding ring finger take thumb off the next you ad your little finger take your index off. And so on hahahah quite hard to explain via txt 

• Haha 1

What happens if we get a points deduction & a heavy fine from the EFL.  Let's say we got a £5m fine which contributed in a 3 year debt of £41m. Would we receive a further fine, embargo & points deduction. You'd like to think that the fine would be disregarded for FFP purposes, however we are dealing with the EFL.

3 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

I am still convinced this all changes if we get a points deduction from FFP.

8 hours ago, full fathom five said:

In two seasons time, when season tickets are 1 billion pounds each and it's £100 on the gate.

Easy decision then, I'll revert to pay on the gate and save £999,997,700 per year. I can then buy the new home kit when it comes out. 

• Haha 2

Guest The Horse

I think that there is some double jeopardy rule in place where we can't get a points deduction and a fine.

Or can't have points deduction and embargo.

The three year don't-you-dare-try-to-compete-with-the-parachute-clubs rule remains permanent though.

At least that's my understanding but I'm probably way off as I'm just a horse that can type.

Also, we're SWFC so they'll still find a way to hammer us with everything regardless.

Edited by The Horse

Spend too much in year 2 as mentioned above and then on wages for the years after too. That why we need the clear out to get the wage bill down.

Having said that we did sell the stadium so as long as that's not deemed against the rules then we should be able to spend again

Its nearly 2 years since we last outlayed any decent money on transfers, but we still have players on large wages until the end of next season.  I would hope after that we are working well within the EFL budget, so a couple of years I reckon.

Then the big question, is DC prepared to keep dipping into his pocket to subsidise the club, he will have to dig deep just to keep us afloat as other revenue streams other than his own back pocket look like they are going to take a big hit.  Because of 3, 5 and now 10 year season tickets and many people saying they are not renewing,season ticket revenue will be well down. Priced out POTG and empty corporate boxes all add up to a big decrease in income.

As we have seen with Man City footballs governing bodies have got wise to dodgy sponsorship deals, where does that leave us with the drinks and Taxi company's. Along with the ground sale fiasco we look like we are deep in the mire.

If we think it is bad this season it looks like it will get a lot worse in the coming seasons. ( DC,s own words )