A12owl

We need a proper Leader on the pitch.

It's been said before but we need a leader on the pitch who is 100% passionate and isn't going to accept any less from the other 10 players on the pitch.

He needs to be at the top of his game and able to read players during a game. He needs to have the respect of all the players. Some may need a quiet word. Some may need some encouragement especially the younger ones. Some may need a kick up the backside.

Whatever is necessary during a game the captain is in charge.

Do we have such a player?

I'm not sure. 

Hutchinson possibly if he hasn't got a gripe anywhere. Other than him I don't know. 

Any other suggestions?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

We have two senior players with leadership qualities currently frozen out of the squad...

• Haha 1

So that's good news then. We need a leader and haven't got one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We need 4 or 5 on the pitch, that is what successful teams have. One strong character isn't enough as if the rest can't be bothered then they have no influence. Megson signed players that were captains of their clubs or could have had a shout of being. They were possibly faults with his style of football but this is something that we shouldn't have stopped doing. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Minton said:

We have two senior players with leadership qualities currently frozen out of the squad...

So why are they frozen out? By not one but two managers?

I don't deny they have leadership qualities, but maybe they're misusing them?

• Agree 2

Do we hell, we need players consistently scoring more than the opposition.

We have lacked quality up front all season been blatantly obvious.  Whilst the ball isn't been kept upfront its just putting pressure on the midfield and defence.  The ball goes forward then comes back straight away  just a question of time before we let in a goal despite our defence playing reasonably well.

• Like 1

Some leadership off the pitch wouldn’t go a miss either 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

Bannan has it but people moan about it cos he’s a bit shouty

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

54 minutes ago, A12owl said:

It's been said before but we need a leader on the pitch who is 100% passionate and isn't going to accept any less from the other 10 players on the pitch.

He needs to be at the top of his game and able to read players during a game. He needs to have the respect of all the players. Some may need a quiet word. Some may need some encouragement especially the younger ones. Some may need a kick up the backside.

I'm not sure. 

Hutchinson possibly if he hasn't got a gripe anywhere. Other than him I don't know. 

Any other suggestions?

Rommell?

48 minutes ago, Minton said:

That's because they have failed to shown a complete disregard for our club. A leader does not sulk and refuse to get on with the job in hand.

• Agree 3

55 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

So why are they frozen out? By not one but two managers?

I don't deny they have leadership qualities, but maybe they're misusing them?

Or maybe the Managers can only manage sycophants and yes men. 

18 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Or maybe the Managers can only manage sycophants and yes men. 

The trouble is, none of us know what's actually gone on.

I don't think there's anything wrong with players expressing an opinion, provided it's constructive. And a good manager should be able to accommodate that. But what if those players are openly disrespectful to the manager? Outspoken to the point of being verbally abusive? If you were their boss, how much of that would you tolerate? Especially if those players were the strong personalities and their attitude was starting to rub off on others in the squad.

51 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Bannan has it but people moan about it cos he’s a bit mardy

Sorted lol

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Maybe they are, using their leadership qualities....................................................to get rid of a another manager :ph34r:

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

I'm not sure. 

Any other suggestions?

We could start by the bloke who is meant to manage the team playing players in the correct positions. 

That would be a good place to start then give the captaincy to Borner who leads by example. Tom Lees makes too many mistakes and is too quiet on the pitch to be a true captain. 

• Agree 1

Only one man for the job step forward Joey Pelupessy! 

Just hope it doesn't distract him from his job as a midfield enforcer. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Minton said:

I think we must have different views on what leadership qualities are.  As far as Westwood goes, I think he’s all about himself and would be a terrible leader.  I could make more of a case for Hutchinson, but without really knowing what he’s like in the dressing room, don’t think ‘passion’ and lunging tackles equates to a great leader.   

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Bannan has it but people moan about it cos he’s a bit shouty

Barry doesn’t speak anymore, Luton game I didn’t hear the high pitched voice!