The "R" word

2 hours ago, modboy said:

apologies I'm off work ill so proper mardy, but look at march :ph34r:

Screenshot_20200214-114757.png

Man City beat everyone apart from the micky mouses, we've already beat the next 3teams this season and should have got summat at wba. 

Stop bloody wicklin thee sen

6 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Well with Derby in the same boat and currently just below us in the table then surely we will be taking them down with is?!

Bet Derby don’t even get a slap on wrist 

29 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Gibson and Co at it again, group of clubs in the championship demanding SWFC get a significant points deduction. Bitter f...ers.

Can't help but think that this will come back to bite them on the arse, one way or another.. Look at it this way, they find themselves at the bottom of the league, needing urgent investment (in terms of playing staff) but they are close to ffp limits.. What do they do then after sticking it to us about selling our assets????  It could easily end up in a downward spiral, from which they might not recover. 

It all depends on what, if any, deduction we face. With no deduction I think we would be just about ok. Even if the players have stopped  trying, I think there is enough quality and pride for the players to panic and up their game to avoid having a relegation to L1 on their records. 

A deduction of ten points or more and it’s up in the air. I don’t think the players have the mental toughness to claw their way out of the bottom three if a deduction places us there. 

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Gibson and Co at it again, group of clubs in the championship demanding SWFC get a significant points deduction. Bitter f...ers.

We deserve one.  

Well Chansiri does. Even without the selling the ground disaster he over spent by about 20 million Quid. 

the guys an absolute fruitcake gambling with our club. 

Relegation was 40/1 with Betfair this morning. So a £25 bet (which is a bit less than the price of a ticket tomorrow ) will win me.......er, I mean someone £1000 if they put that on and the inevitable happens on May 2nd :rolleyes:

May 1970 - Relegated

May 1980 - Promoted

May 1990 - Relegated

May 2000 - Relegated

May 2010 - Relegated

May 2020 - ???

Edited by Bulldog

Honestly...You're all doing this wrong...

Ive accepted "expulsion"

Got last years season ticket...got next years season ticket...but we get chucked outta the league...Ive even prepared for that...Ive made a cardboard box wiv "PRESTO" written on the top in faded ink

I'm gonna carry that with me to Concorde park and Longley, and all other recreational sites in the Sheffield area...

Sit in me cardboard box and sing "Hi Ho" before the 12 games at once kick off.....Owt better than that is gravy

Edited by asteener1867

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

I still think the EFL will issue a points deduction based on league position. If we’re close to the relegation zone then surely they’ll defer the deduction until next season? End of the day, relegating us or throwing us out of the league is counter productive. 

I agree with the first bit, but I’m concerned that our poor run of form might encourage EFL to push for a deduction this season, with our consequent relegation.  Our current slide might prompt EFL to really flex their muscles and make an example of us.  The more points we gain, I reckon the more likely it is that any points deduction would be from start of next season.

5 hours ago, modboy said:

When do we start panicking (if we aren't already)?

Even a small points deduction now would really put us in the brown stuff!

Are we sleepwalking again towards L1?

There’s no point in panicking about things that you can’t affect. My Dad used to say to me ‘Wednesday won’t worry about you when you’re bad’ and he was so right, it’s a total waste of time and energy. The good times will come back eventually. The best chance we all have to still be around and enjoy them is to try and be a bit more philosophical about it all and hope that the powers that be learn from their mistakes. 

6 hours ago, modboy said:

When do we start panicking (if we aren't already)?

Even a small points deduction now would really put us in the brown stuff!

Are we sleepwalking again towards L1?

I'm panicking now, not just with relegation but with the long term state of the club.

These are dangerous times we live and whilst ever Chansiri is here then this club is in grave danger.

There have been a few cases of FFP breaches this year. I can see the EFL making a strong statement that the rules are there for the protection of all their clubs and do so by making an example of us..CC’s fight against their charges won’t help soften their resolve.

our relegation would suit their purpose now they can’t stop our promotion 

8 hours ago, alanharper said:

Worst case scenario is that we manage to relegate ourselves by continuing the current form for the rest of the season, and then get the points deduction applied for the start of next season.

That’s the Wednesday way. Most likely scenario.