RichieB

Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

2 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I’ve said it before, I believe Wednesday have acted above board and have done nothing wrong. Now the EFL are having a go at Derby and Birmingham again, the only way this is going is the club’s will tell the EFL to go and do one. Other clubs will follow knowing the Premier league 2 is just around the corner,  I say bring it on !!      UTO 

Could you provide a detailed summary of your accountancy qualifications, and maybe a summary of your expertise in football finance, with a focus on the FFP rules. 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

You just need accountants to sign it off and your sorted apparently.....

explain why a professional accountant would sign off supposedly illegal accounts then if you’ve got all the answers 

5 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Im sick of hearing about this 21 points rubbish. Wish they would just hurry up and get it over with

Im sick of hearing fans bleeting on about it not being  fair as other teams sold their stadium.....the charge isn’t about selling the stadium it’s about the accounting year the sale was posted and that the company that is was sold to didn’t even exist at the time (Allegedly). 

it “seems” our owner tried to hoodwink the EFL to what is against the rules, (which we signed up to) whatever way you look at it we just need this out of the way and start a fresh on all fronts. 

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Sheer incompetence of the highest order has led us here and now we will get what we deserve.

If you think its incompetence, weve done no different to villa, wolves, derby etc.  As for getting what we deserve i suggest if we do get points deducted we will be getting what no club deserves..  Aside from making sure owners don't rip club members off, the EFL should keep their noses out of internal financial affairs. 

Just now, Royal_D said:

explain why a professional accountant would sign off supposedly illegal accounts then if you’ve got all the answers 

I dont have the answers

They do apparently. 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I've heard from a friend who works at the club that the accountancy firm used disappearing ink

Edited by bobness

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Could you provide a detailed summary of your accountancy qualifications, and maybe a summary of your expertise in football finance, with a focus on the FFP rules. 

If you read it again, I BELIEVE !! Are the words I said, if you’re trying to be smart do it to someone else.   UTO 

Just now, kevtheowl said:

If you read it again, I BELIEVE !! Are the words I said, if you’re trying to be smart do it to someone else.   UTO 

ACCA or CIMA?

and UTO of course. 

5 hours ago, fudge27 said:

If we get points deducted, does it reset our ffp to 0?

Unfortunately not, it still means we need to get our house in order financially  and if we haven’t and still exceed the rolling amount this year we could be docked points next season too. 

2 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

If you think its incompetence, weve done no different to villa, wolves, derby etc.  As for getting what we deserve i suggest if we do get points deducted we will be getting what no club deserves..  Aside from making sure owners don't rip club members off, the EFL should keep their noses out of internal financial affairs. 

We have done it differently, take Wolves what they did was on a completely different level but they succeeded so there is no issue and the EFL cannot touch the, same with Villa now they are promoted.

Derby will end up with some points deduction but what goes for them is they didn't fudge their ground sale.in to the accounts of 2 seasons ago.

Dress it up how the feck you want but we have very amateurish attempt of coming online with the league rules.

Its akin to wagging school and writing your own sick note and copying your mums signature in your bestb13 year old hand writing.

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Jokes aside , it was a reputable firm 

I’ve just checked the accounts, it was John Warner on behalf of BHP LLP

1 minute ago, BrucieBonus said:

Unfortunately not, it still means we need to get our house in order financially  and if we haven’t and still exceed the rolling amount this year we could be docked points next season too. 

We will be alright this season. We will just move ground sale forward a year.

12 pages of debate or a dozen pages of tripe?

1 minute ago, BrucieBonus said:

Course , this  is how the EFL ‘protect’ clubs , and you can’t question there outstanding record in protecting clubs eh 

Unless your a Bury fan

Just now, Ian_D said:

12 pages of debate or a dozen pages of tripe?

Lets debate it...

lol

4 minutes ago, nilsson said:

I’ve just checked the accounts, it was John Warner on behalf of BHP LLP

Are you sure it isn't a taping error and that was actually John Wayne accounting.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

ACCA or CIMA?

Just my own view on things, but what really gets me is people like you who are fans but don’t really go to games, and love to down the club at every opportunity !   UTO 

12 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

And how many clubs went into administration before FFP was introduced? Some clubs went into administration multiple times.

HMRC were losing out every time a club went into administration so something was always going to be done about it.

Football clubs had shown they were incapable of running their internal financial affairs without having some rules put in place to prevent them going for broke

21 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I’ve said it before, I believe Wednesday have acted above board and have done nothing wrong. Now the EFL are having a go at Derby and Birmingham again, the only way this is going is the club’s will tell the EFL to go and do one. Other clubs will follow knowing the Premier league 2 is just around the corner,  I say bring it on !!      UTO 

Can see that coming soon too but it's looking like just like parachute payments we'll miss that boat too and probably be in League One by then knowing our luck :duntmatter::ghoulguy: