10 hours ago, wilyfox said:

The fans' job is to be entertained by a team they can be proud of and show their appreciation for. 

never in a million years is that right …..

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The crushing apathetic silence is the loudest and saddest message at moment. 

Epitomised by the total lack of interest in the two Birmingham tickets a guy called Liam is trying to sell in the ticket section.

• Haha 1

If they bust a gut and come off absolutely knackered with a 1-0 win tomorrow I’ll sing in the stands till they leave the pitch 

There is no debate on this - effort on the pitch will make the fans loud

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If we are playing well tomorrow I will get behind them.
But if we are playing crap again then I am not going to embarrass myself by cheering and clapping them on, will sit there in silence.

we fail sat....Monk will walk

5 minutes ago, brando said:

we fail sat....Monk will walk

Really?  I can’t see any way he would choose to go before his contract expires and lose out financially - suspect there would be no immediate prospect of another Championship job (although stranger things have happened).

29 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Epitomised by the total lack of interest in the two Birmingham tickets a guy called Liam is trying to sell in the ticket section.

Are you getting commission? 

• Haha 2

Want to see a bit more effort and the desire to run through brick walls for the club before I start cheering every little thing these over paid wasters do. Play well, show effort and I will sing my heart out for them. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

The problem is you turn up with good intention to get behind the team then after 5 minutes you realise the team can’t be arsed and the fans get on their backs.

If we were poo but they worked their knackers off and got stuck in you can forgive it but these squad are wasters.

4 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

If we were poo but they worked their knackers off and got stuck in you can forgive it but these squad are wasters.

Yep. Used to applaud and cheer the team under SG. They were really limited in their capabilities and the football was never great but for the most part they worked hard and put a shift in.

We need to boo.

look at the boo boys of the past. Fox ,

would he have put the effort in and turned himself into a decent player without a good booing ? No. Remember Sheridan and brunt back in the day ? All booed and turned into decent players as a result.

i am going to boo until I am blue in the face today.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I think us as fans do more than enough.

We constantly sell out away games, we get decent gates at home despite the ticket prices and we still turn up in our droves no matter our league position.

It’s time us fans get something back, we can’t do anymore. 

It's not about selling out away games. Good fans lift the team with the atmosphere they create. Hillsborough is very quiet these days, as though we are waiting to be entertained before committing our voices to the cause. It's time all fans at matches stopped patting themselves on the back for just turning up, & cheered the lads on. Away games are great becausee those that go make as much noise as possible in support of the team. That's simply not the case at home games, where the mood turns very quickly, & the moaners infect everyone else with their negative attitude. I'm sick of posts saying that  the fans already do enough...no we don't, as the atmosphere at home games will testify. Even the luke warm cheers when the team sheet is read out before kick off are an embarrassment, & that's down to us. Shut up with the self entitled mantra of we already do enough, because if you think that way you are actually part of the problem.

39 minutes ago, marble said:

It's not about selling out away games. Good fans lift the team with the atmosphere they create. Hillsborough is very quiet these days, as though we are waiting to be entertained before committing our voices to the cause. It's time all fans at matches stopped patting themselves on the back for just turning up, & cheered the lads on. Away games are great becausee those that go make as much noise as possible in support of the team. That's simply not the case at home games, where the mood turns very quickly, & the moaners infect everyone else with their negative attitude. I'm sick of posts saying that  the fans already do enough...no we don't, as the atmosphere at home games will testify. Even the luke warm cheers when the team sheet is read out before kick off are an embarrassment, & that's down to us. Shut up with the self entitled mantra of we already do enough, because if you think that way you are actually part of the problem.

I don’t think I agree with a single point you’ve made.

As a fan I pay premier league prices to watch us play league 1 standard football with players who look like they don’t want to be there. Fans are entitled to do whatever they want, Wednesday fans at the minute are being shafted with what’s happening at the club and it’s painful to see. 

I’ll look forward to hearing you sing today Mr Number one fan. 

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

We need to boo.

look at the boo boys of the past. Fox ,

would he have put the effort in and turned himself into a decent player without a good booing ? No. Remember Sheridan and brunt back in the day ? All booed and turned into decent players as a result.

i am going to boo until I am blue in the face today.

RIP McMigo :ph34r:

59 minutes ago, marble said:

There we go

"It's the fans fault". Wondered when it would crop up again. We could be in League One next season thanks to the chairman, and there will still be individuals on here saying it's the fans' fault for not clapping hard enough.

Let me make it unequivocally clear: if we drop to League One the only way it will be the fan's fault that Sheffield Wednesday are in League One is that they enabled and encouraged the chairman's reckless overspending, taxi-firm creating man-child acting attitude.

Edited by StudentOwl
2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

There we go

"It's the fans fault". Wondered when it would crop up again. We could be in League One next season thanks to the chairman, and there will still be individuals on here saying it's the fans' fault for not clapping hard enough.

Let me make it unequivocally clear: if we drop to League One the only way it will be the fan's fault that Sheffield Wednesday are in League One is that they enabled and encouraged the chairman's reckless overspending, taxi-firm creating man-child acting attitude.

Just make sure you sing today, otherwise your part of the problem.

:ghoulguy: