Last chance saloon for Monk

9 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Feel like the club have told a lot of players they wont be kept on.

I dont think Monk will have done it personally.

Cue internal mess

This is roughly my theory, but it might not be as dramatic as people are making out.

Its good practice to look now to tie down the players you really want to keep in the summer. Hence the club quite legitimately start contract talks with Dawson and Fox.

All the others who are out of contract are left wondering ‘where’s my offer then?’ and either it doesn’t come or the club say they’re not getting one.

Assuming for a minute that is what happened, I’m not sure what else the club could’ve done. And if certain players stop trying as a result then the blame is 100% on them imo.

All totally hypothetical of course 

9 hours ago, Charles Clegg said:

Westwood was arguably the best goalie in the Championship for a couple of years - he was great.  I loved Hutchinson when he arrived at the club, pleased for him recovering from a career-wrecking injury and delighted to see a player at last with b*llocks and commitment and realy getting stuck in. 

BUT. No manager should tolerate players who split the camp, undermine the manager and come on like some 'Bertie Big rounduns'. There's clearly plenty of circumstantial eveidence that both are guilty, coupled with the fact that neither are the players they were 3 years ago.

There are some on the forum who appear to exhibit a rather adolescent, pop-idolesque hero-worship syndrome..... someone is amazing (and therefore beyong criticism) . I remember being verbally abused by a 23 year old Michel Jackson fan when I suggested that he may well be a paedophile..... being a musical genius apparently bestows some sort of saintlyness. Being a good footballer doesn't justify hreo-worship or automatic selection.

Joey? Clearly not good enough. Most people would expect nothing more than squad cover for 500k Euros. It's not his fault the club was strapped for cash then as it is now.

But no club should tolerate players who are divisive and undermine the manager and are too big for their average boots.

• ps Chuck Berry was a musical hero of mine and a musical genius in his time...... however as a person he was really a bit of a c*nt

There is also some who think they know what's going on in the dressing room... oh... 

9 hours ago, theowlsman said:

He’s gone. This week, next week, makes no odds. 

The players have decided they’ve had enough of him and have downed tools. It’s plain to see over these last few games.

Atrocious professionalism but there you go.

Wouldn't surprise me if, after tomorrow's game, Monk walks under his own steam.

I don't know what has happened to GM. 

He was my choice based on his past record etc 

Prior to coming to wednesday his preferred formation was a solid 442. He's now changing the formation every game, just as carvallio and whatever his replacement was called. His use of subs is deplorable, just as it was for carvallio and whatever he was called 

GM has a hitlist of players whom he's said he won't play again. Some have never played. This is exactly the same insane approach that carvallio and whatever his replacement was called. 

Steve Bruce did not seem to share such peculiarities. But he's gone before he caught the wednesday virus. 

It's clear that whatever is happening at Hillsborough is not new or unique to GM. The current problems are an almost exact replication of what has gone before. Apart from Bruce. 

It's evident that there's something very wrong at the club. I've been saying so for years much to the derision of many on here. 

Getting of GM is highly unlikely to fix the issues that clearly run deep. 

In my view the problems lead straight to the owner. If we get docked points then it's because of his obvious wrong doings. 

I don't know why GM is behaving in a ways that he's never shown. He's always shown a coherent and consistent knowledge of football tactics etc. Now esconsed at the club he shows absolutely no knowledge of tactics and football etc. Where has it all gone? And why has it gone? 

At present I feel there is no solution to our problems other than getting a new owner. But even then I suspect things won't get fixed 

You cannot solve that which you don't understand and you can never make sense of the senseless. 

Nothing makes sense at the club. Everything that happens is senseless. 

So until someone can solve this conundrum then nothing will change. 

2 hours ago, folger said:

Chansiri is too stupid \ naive to act in good time.

The owner is absolutely not stupid. You don't get Rich by being stupid. He's got a plan and knows what he's doing. His escape strategy will have been in place since day one 

Yes he's rich and you don't get Rich by playing by the rules. In my view he's as corrupt as they come. As I've said year after year. And now he's been caught cooking the books. He will have factored that into his plans as well