Last chance saloon for Monk

Monk's future now rests in the hands of the EFL potentially.

If it's 12 points deduction this season he might just stay, if it's 21 points with enough games to feasibly get us out of it and results still poor think Chansiri will go for a honeymoon period manager.

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Tomorrow's game against Reading could well be the last chance saloon for Monk.

The fan base have not warmed to him and a defeat would mean 1 win in 10 games, 5 points out of 30, ie; sackable.

His head is on the block and it it is time for him to swallow his pride, be pragmatic and get a win to take the pressure off.

In that scenario he has in my view to rely on experience and assuming Luongo is not fit to play he needs to rely on experience:

Westwood

Palmer

Iorfa

Lees

Fox

Reach

Hutchinson

Bannan (Luongo if fit)

Harris

Fernando

Wickham

Plus Winnal and Rhodes on the bench in place of unproven youngsters.

He's going nowhere. Get used to it.

• Haha 1

With this chairman, does anyone really expect him to 

a) act quickly and 

b) get the right replacement based on the advice of his "advisors" who seem to have questionable motives, not exactly in the best interests of SWFC.

We can't continue with a clueless chairman who's rarely in the country, with no football knowledge.

He's taking us down!

22 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Anyone blaming Monk for our current plight knows nothing about football or people.

He got us to 3rd in the league with 4 four different manager's players. Then all of a sudden we can't buy a win, something has obviously gone off behind the scenes.

I genuinely believe he's told all the overpaid garbage and freeloaders that they aren't getting new contracts and to find new clubs in the summer, so they've downed tools.

Stick with Monk, call for his head if we're still garbage after 2 or three transfer windows. But calling for his head now or saying he's under pressure is just daft. He needs time to get rid of the rot that's set in and he cant do it overnight.

I genuinely believe he's told all the overpaid garbage and freeloaders that they aren't getting new contracts and to find new clubs in the summer, so they've downed tools.

This in itself is criminal from a man management perspective. Gardening leave today is my demand. 

A poor game tomorrow and I the crowd show they displeasure Monk may walk.

If he only has a contract until the season end they probably thinks no point hanging on.
Not sure what to think about Monk, doesnt seem to be getting as much as he should out of the players but players at times need to take a long hard look at themselves.

59 minutes ago, Steelman said:

This is the sort of thing i was talking about.. We actually don't know that this has happened but you would really have to be fxckxng stupid to do this if you were the manager of any business.  

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Steelman said:

Anyone blaming Monk for our current plight knows nothing about football or people.

He got us to 3rd in the league with 4 four different manager's players. Then all of a sudden we can't buy a win, something has obviously gone off behind the scenes.

Stick with Monk, call for his head if we're still garbage after 2 or three transfer windows. But calling for his head now or saying he's under pressure is just daft. He needs time to get rid of the rot that's set in and he cant do it overnight.

You may be right but who do you think are the overpaid garbage and freeloaders? If we're still garbage after 2 or 3 transfer windows we could be at the wrong end of div 1.

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Theres more chance of me playing for wednesday this season than there is seeing Westwood and Hutch playing. 

What position do you play because it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them had a game before end if season. Hope you're a box to box midfielder with an aggressive side. 

I agree with the Owlsman in that it is nearly always about the psychology of the situation:

"He’s gone. This week, next week, makes no odds. 

The players have decided they’ve had enough of him and have downed tools. It’s plain to see over these last few games.

Atrocious professionalism but there you go"

Lose tomorrow and that is 1 win in 10 games, 5 points out of a possible 30.

That form over the course of a season would give you under 25 points.

In that last chance saloon tomorrow Monk needs to be pragmatic, select from the entire squad, use a system that they understand and try to motivate the players.

It is on his head and it has always been that way.

2 hours ago, Steelman said:

How does the fact that FF has been the best player on the pitch for the last 2 games fit in to your ideas that they’ve all downed tools?

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

This in itself is criminal from a man management perspective. Gardening leave today is my demand. 

Or maybe he's told them nothing and so thecunts have downed tools because they haven't had their demands caved into.

It works both ways. What I'm saying is that the lack of professionalism from the players is disgusting. Monk needs to be given time to bring his own players in.

Edited by Steelman