Players = scapegoats

11 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Lees is our new scapegoat

Don't really think it's about scapegoating mate. Most if not all our players are getting some stick at the moment.

Lees is our captain and unfortunately for him, his reintroduction into the side when Borner and Iorfa had started to strike up a pretty decent and reliable partnership has coincided with many poor defensive performances. 

His personal performances have been nowhere near his standards in the past and quite justifiably, many feel that he shouldn't be starting.

FWIW, (not much I know,) the person I feel is most responsible for our shambolic performances is Monk... throwing barely fit players straight into the side, too many personnel changes at a time, new formations apparently in desperation rather than with a clear plan... a decent (if not brilliant) set of players are currently all over the place... f..k knows what's going on in the background but it int good. 

23 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Well, mostly anyway.

From what I’ve seen the players are putting a shift in. Yes they are making mistakes but these players have always done that. Lees has a history of it. As does Bannan. The new 2019 lads do as well. 

The current crisis goes deeper than simply “the players doesn’t give a throw”

The manager should be taking most of the slack IMO. The set up, formation, tactics and style of football is woeful. It’s dire - even when we were winning. 

We need to quickly go back to something recognisable in football. 4-4-2 with FF and Wickham up top. That’s the recipe for slightly better results, at home at least. 

Just incase you aren't sure, we are the team in blue and white vertical stripes. Thought this maybe needed pointing out. 

• Haha 1

Guest The Claw
12 hours ago, PriceAPP said:

Fletch and fox are out. 

Don’t think westy & hutch were that influential before this bad run anyway 

think your missing the point I'm alluding to