Players = scapegoats

47 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think the truth of the matter is that the players know that there is a big points deduction coming that will wipe out the chances of premier league football. So they are pretty much on the beach already.

It might not wipe out our chances of getting relegated though

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And yet, when we've played with one up top which gives us an extra man in midfield, supporters go mad

Carlos used to play Bannan on the left of a 3, Bannan, Lee and either Hutchinson or Lopez

We also had the clever Hooper dropping into midfield a lot

It's almost like we've had no structured transfer policy for years, and as such have a mish mash of players not suitable to make one good formation.

Another big well done to Del Boy DC.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Had a dirty Leeds fan and a Boro fan tell me today Bannan is the best midfielder in the division, and he'd walk into their teams. 

They also said it's blatantly obvious to the whole division we are using him incorrectly, and he isn't suited to a 4 man flat midfield and dropping deep.

Embarrassing that we have failed miserably to address this.

Bannan plays deep under every manager we've had, lets not put this onto any of our managers. I would tell l**ds fans that Hernandez has been the best creative midfield player in the division for years and they still haven't managed to get the best out of him.

We have played with no wingers, one winger and three in the middle, two wingers and 3 wingers, 4 at the back and 5 at the back, but no matter how we play Bannan gradually drifts backwards. If he had the ability to strike a ball on target, blasting it, chipping it, bending it, or just passing it into the net, then I reckon he would go forward more often, but the number of times he goes for power, leans back and blasts over is so embarassing, for him, us and his teamates that he spares everybody the worry by going back. I dont mind that if he spends 90% of his time in the middle and 10% at the back, he is still one of our best players and can spray the ball out to either wing and start an attack, pop one over the top, slide a ball through or cross into the middle or into the box, but when he sits back we see him making too many two yard passes for defenders to then punt it down the pitch. With Lee making runs I prefer to see him quickly linking up play before delivering the killer ball to Reach, Harris, Nuhiu or Murphy. Hopefully, Wickham, Cruz and Windass will soon join this list! Tomorrow is going to be a really tough one against a Reading side also looking to turn their bad run around.

UTFO!

12 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Tomorrow is going to be a really tough one against a Reading side also looking to turn their bad run around.

UTFO!

No poo Sherlock.

News for you. It's a really tough one against anyone for us. We've made the worst teams in the division look like Brazil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No poo Sherlock.

News for you. It's a really tough one against anyone for us. We've made the worst teams in the division look like Brazil.

Yeah but this one's personal!

We beat them at their place 1-3, coaxed Joao into scoring the 3rd, then sold him to them for £8M, only for him to get injured and be very inconsistent for them! 

Glad Monk wasn't stuck with him! That would be another stick to whip him with!

Now I'm looking forward to seeing us gel just in time to mount a formiddable relegation fightback after a hotly contested points deduction.

On the bright side, at least if the ground sale money is moved on a season, we can use that £2.5M profit towards this summer long transfer fest!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yeah but this one's personal!

We beat them at their place 1-3, coaxed Joao into scoring the 3rd, then sold him to them for £8M, only for him to get injured and be very inconsistent for them! 

Glad Monk wasn't stuck with him! That would be another stick to whip him with!

Now I'm looking forward to seeing us gel just in time to mount a formiddable relegation fightback after a hotly contested points deduction.

On the bright side, at least if the ground sale money is moved on a season, we can use that £2.5M profit towards this summer long transfer fest!

8 million ?

Really  ?

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

8 million ?

Really  ?

Last nights Star.....

The Portuguese striker has been sidelined since picking up a hamstring injury in the Royals’ 2-1 win at promotion-chasing Fulham on New Year’s Day.

His absence has coincided with slump in form for Mark Bowen’s side, who have failed to register a league victory since.

The 26-year-old, who made the move to the Madejski Stadium last August for a fee of around £8m, posted a picture on his Instagram account on Monday of himself wearing football boots and the caption 'What a feeling.'

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Last nights Star.....

The Portuguese striker has been sidelined since picking up a hamstring injury in the Royals’ 2-1 win at promotion-chasing Fulham on New Year’s Day.

His absence has coincided with slump in form for Mark Bowen’s side, who have failed to register a league victory since.

The 26-year-old, who made the move to the Madejski Stadium last August for a fee of around £8m, posted a picture on his Instagram account on Monday of himself wearing football boots and the caption 'What a feeling.'

Not sure our combined transfer sales for the whole of DC's reign equate to half of 8 million.

:1276983839_MonkHome::Chansiri:

11 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Well, mostly anyway.

From what I’ve seen the players are putting a shift in. Yes they are making mistakes but these players have always done that. Lees has a history of it. As does Bannan. The new 2019 lads do as well. 

The current crisis goes deeper than simply “the players doesn’t give a throw”

The manager should be taking most of the slack IMO. The set up, formation, tactics and style of football is woeful. It’s dire - even when we were winning. 

We need to quickly go back to something recognisable in football. 4-4-2 with FF and Wickham up top. That’s the recipe for slightly better results, at home at least. 

Take off the blue tinted specs and smell the coffee.

They are not the only ones to blame but this set of 'not fit to wear the shirt spineless basttards" all need to do one.

53 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

We have many problems, but I think Lees is one of them at the moment.

I dont think it's wrong to say that, just in the same way I dont think its wrong to say that Fletcher and Luongo being injured is either.

I think Lees is having a dip in form at the moment, but which players aren't. 

21 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Are you sure Monk took Swansea into the premiership ?

I thought Brendan Rodgers was in charge when they were promoted Followed by Brian Laudrup then Garry Monk.

It's not surprising that Wickham is second to every ball, look at his injury record - he ruptured his cruciate knee ligament, went on to have a few more smaller problems and has missed almost 80 games for Palace since November 2016. What does this do for the confidence of other strikers we've already got such as Winnall, Rhodes ? I really liked Wickham when he was here before but it looks a poor decision to bring him back.