Players = scapegoats

Well, mostly anyway.

From what I’ve seen the players are putting a shift in. Yes they are making mistakes but these players have always done that. Lees has a history of it. As does Bannan. The new 2019 lads do as well. 

The current crisis goes deeper than simply “the players doesn’t give a throw”

The manager should be taking most of the slack IMO. The set up, formation, tactics and style of football is woeful. It’s dire - even when we were winning. 

We need to quickly go back to something recognisable in football. 4-4-2 with FF and Wickham up top. That’s the recipe for slightly better results, at home at least. 

• Haha 1

Maybe you didn't see the Luton game?  Luton were first to nearly every ball, and Wickham doesn't look like the Wickham of 6 years back.

And any manager who can take Swansea into the prem and keep them there must have some managerial skills.   It's not all Monks fault.  

Ok he was player captain when they got promoted but it's still an achievement.   

Edited by Lincs Owl

8 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Maybe you didn't see the Luton game?  Luton were first to nearly every ball, and Wickham doesn't look like the Wickham of 6 years back.

And any manager who can take Swansea into the prem and keep them there must have some managerial skills.   It's not all Monks fault.  

Are you sure Monk took Swansea into the premiership ?

I thought Brendan Rodgers was in charge when they were promoted Followed by Brian Laudrup then Garry Monk.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Are you sure Monk took Swansea into the premiership ?

I thought Brendan Rodgers was in charge when they were promoted Followed by Brian Laudrup then Garry Monk.

Not sure why you left his last sentence out which covers the point you made, you cheeky monkey.

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

You cannot be serious. 

Form the games I’ve watched (all home games and Wigan away) I would say they are working hard but struggling with woeful tactics. It’s easy to criticise players but when they are running round in circles and chasing long balls it’s difficult for them. 

Not saying they are completely innocent at all, but it starts with the manager, his selection and his tactics. 

We were warned about this by fans of other clubs. Monk is regularly criticising the players and whilst some is fair criticism the fan base have lapped it up and are now all over our players.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Such a bizarre OP

There are 14 match day players who can affect the result.

In what was is criticising them for playing like a bunch of zombies for several matches in a row ‘scapegoating’

Scapegoating the players by the manager for his mistakes. 

Many years ago, an old coach once told me (then, I was a new coach) that in any competition about 25% of the athletes know that they have prepared well and can win, another 25% of the athletes THINK that they've prepared well and it would be nice to win and the remaining 50% of athletes were either just pleased to be there or knew that they were not good enough to win (in the comfort zone, in other words).

I suspect that the SWFC players THINK that they are putting a shift in but they are clearly bereft of any confidence. This is shown in the performances where we no longer win 50/50 tackles (in some cases, we no longer tackle, apparently!) and the team is disorganised and disjointed.

Confidence is basically a trust in your own ability and these players ain't got it. These days where we have the knowledge and management skills, it should be relatively easy for any decent coach to rectify.

Let's not forget a time before the turn of the year when we were battering teams like Forest and Middlesbrough with essentially the same set of players with a few more added or removed since. (PS: Admittedly, there were a few dodgy performances where we nicked the points despite being second best performance-wise, too)

Likewise, I am sure that the manager is aware of the shortcomings and as a head coach and leader, he should be addressing this lack of confidence in training. For whatever reason, however, this is clearly not happening and the manager himself appears to be very downbeat, too. The players react accordingly and we get an ever decreasing spiral.

This is not a good situation we find ourselves in. Speculate away as to the reasons why.

56 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Well, mostly anyway.

From what I’ve seen the players are putting a shift in. Yes they are making mistakes but these players have always done that. Lees has a history of it. As does Bannan. The new 2019 lads do as well. 

The current crisis goes deeper than simply “the players doesn’t give a throw”

The manager should be taking most of the slack IMO. The set up, formation, tactics and style of football is woeful. It’s dire - even when we were winning. 

We need to quickly go back to something recognisable in football. 4-4-2 with FF and Wickham up top. That’s the recipe for slightly better results, at home at least. 

Hi Hutch.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

What are you on about.

Can you tell me where I have posted any fake news ?

Jesus man lighten up. If I have to explain that we live in a world where people manipulate quotes for their own agenda and I was playing on that then I can't help I'm afraid .... Oh!

I think people are a little tightly wound on here at the moment, (understandable with the current shitshow)  waiting to spring on any perceived slight without reading or understanding the context of the comment.

Sorry if you didn't get it.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, The Claw said:

have a look, which 2 players are out now and were out with jos

So they're not responsible for the dire performances for the last couple of months. 

I'll be honest I can see why the OP is saying what he is.

But professional footballers know exactly how to put 95% in. It's hard to see from outside but the players on that pitch know who is putting it in and who is not.

They may look like they are putting in 100% but they are not.