Hold your head up high.

The vast majority of fans.

Accepted a foreign owner.

Accepted his faith and traditions.

Accepted his raising of ticket prices.

Accepted his insistence on doing things his way.

Accepted his mistakes......lots of them, and some of which will be remembered as his finest hour, Im talking cakeball.....

I was desperate for DC to make a proper go of this, to get this club back to where it belongs. I think a lot of us felt the same, which is why we showed a level of patience he probably didn't deserve with hindsight. I feel like we gave DC every opportunity to make a success of running this club. Unfortunately he opted for gambling it all on a wing and a prayer. No doubt some will argue we also accepted his money, if only he'd mentioned the small fact that he was going to p!ss it all up the wall.........

I long for the day when I can have pride in the way we run our football club.

Personally, I can't stand being mugged off by this regime for a moment longer. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

I’m still bewildered by his putting the club up for sale statement.l, after he spat the dummy out last year..Did he ever retract that statement? What a strange clusterfuck of a club.

He was clear in that statement, it was never taken out of context as some say. That said, I believe it was a spur of the moment comment born of frustration.......wish it was true now though.

We may well be up for sale, although it would come out eventually. I actually feel like he's keeping a low profile at the moment, partly out of embarrassment and partly so he doesn't get in to discussions with fans.

Edited by Morepork

Just now, BRADDO said:

DCs tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. Many of us have given him time, patience and benefit of the doubt. For me, no more. I'm done with him and want him gone asap.

Do one DC FFS. 

Same for me mate.

I guess the point I wanted to emphasise is I believe we will reach a point where DC has the balls to point the finger elsewhere for our failings. "They never game me a chance", "They never accepted me", "They wouldn't spend their own money" etc etc. All bo!!ocks, I don't think normal fans could have done any more. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morepork said:

He was clear in that statement, it was never taken out of context as some say. That said, I believe it was a spur of the moment comment born of frustration.......wish it was true now though.

We may well be up for sale, although it would come out eventually. I actually feel like he's keeping a low profile at the moment, partly out of embarrassment and partly so he doesn't get in to discussions with fans.

I agree with your original post but not this, the sale statement was totally taken out of context, I was there and heard it first hand.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Same for me mate.

I guess the point I wanted to emphasise is I believe we will reach a point where DC has the balls to point the finger elsewhere for our failings. "They never game me a chance", "They never accepted me", "They wouldn't spend their own money" etc etc. All bo!!ocks, I don't think normal fans could have done any more. 

Totally agree mate. I fear we are stuck with him because history shows he wants top dollar for any sale. If he remains I'm convinced we'll be in league 1 sharpish. 

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I agree with your original post but not this, the sale statement was totally taken out of context, I was there and heard it first hand.

What's your recollection of what he said? As I understand it he said "I will put this club on the market and I believe many people will want to buy"

What's your recollection of what he said? As I understand it he said "I will put this club on the market and I believe many people will want to buy"

He made a very lengthy speech about what he was trying to achieve, he got quite emotional during it, at the end he concluded by saying "if the fans aren't happy (with what he had just said) I'll sell the club" within seconds Andy Giddings (a united lover) and others Tweeted the comment but with the words "if the fans aren't happy" missing, totally changed not only what was said but the context entirely.

• Thanks 1

Just now, toppOwl said:

He made a very lengthy speech about what he was trying to achieve, he got quite emotional during it, at the end he concluded by saying "if the fans aren't happy (with what he had just said) I'll sell the club" within seconds Andy Giddings (a united lover) and others Tweeted the comment but with the words "if the fans aren't happy" missing, totally changed not only what was said but the context entirely.

Thanks. So, if we add that preceding line at least there's some hope now! lol

Thanks. So, if we add that preceding line at least there's some hope now! lol

No, he just didn't flatly say that the club was up for sale as the press led people to believe, the fact that no evidence has presented itself in over a year since he allegedly said backs up the fact that its nonsense.

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

inevitable i fear and it may not be a  quick visit either …….

There's beginning to be an air of inevitability about it. Someone posted last week that they'd accept going down and a reset. I don't see that, it would be an unmitigated disaster. 

36 minutes ago, Morepork said:

The vast majority of fans.

Accepted a foreign owner.

Accepted his faith and traditions.

Accepted his raising of ticket prices.

Accepted his insistence on doing things his way.

Accepted his mistakes......lots of them, and some of which will be remembered as his finest hour, Im talking cakeball.....

I was desperate for DC to make a proper go of this, to get this club back to where it belongs. I think a lot of us felt the same, which is why we showed a level of patience he probably didn't deserve with hindsight. I feel like we gave DC every opportunity to make a success of running this club. Unfortunately he opted for gambling it all on a wing and a prayer. No doubt some will argue we also accepted his money, if only he'd mentioned the small fact that he was going to p!ss it all up the wall.........

I long for the day when I can have pride in the way we run our football club.

Personally, I can't stand being mugged off by this regime for a moment longer. 

Best stay out of Beres then and start saving up those pennies CGMB lol

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

There's beginning to be an air of inevitability about it. Someone posted last week that they'd accept going down and a reset. I don't see that, it would be an unmitigated disaster. 

i'd rather stop up and a reset but if he  just sits here for a few years  keeping us afloat i'd rather go down him bugger off and let someone who's got a clue start from scratch …... 

1 minute ago, dc88 said:

some absolute bed wetters in this thread.

DC will get it right.

not his fault that so-called big name players aren't delivering.

DC will not get it right. He's been running the club for 5 years. Despite millions spent we have a worse team and performing far worse than under Stu Gray who kept us competitive despite having ten bob to spend. The club is regressing in all  departments and due to DCs incompetence, we're heading for a points deduction and likely relegation. 

Bedwetters indeed.

• Thanks 1