Supporting Wednesday......

Supporting Wednesday is a way of life,a natural part of our lives. Supporting Wednesday is a privilege through the good times and the bad times. Mentioned before that the Boardroom suits come and go,as do managers,players and owners. What sets us apart from most of them is that we are loyal to the core. We might complain and become exasperated at times but we are Wednesday and nowt else matters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve been asking myself lately why I bother watching football, I don’t enjoy it anymore. It’s not the same game like it was 20 years ago. It doesn’t matter which team I watch on sky sports it’s still the same boring football. Last night I sat down to watch the game on sky and within 10 minutes I was up finding something to do. I’ve found myself having the football on in the background more and more these days. But I think a lot of football fans feel the same. 

Supporting Wednesday is like being one of those cliche characters in a horror, zombie or post apocalyptic film. You just no whatever happens, that doom will meet them. Unlike them we go through it over and over again, like a out of control rollercoaster, with brief highs and many dips and lows. Our time will come again, eventually, somehow. The numerous lows will make the next high all the more sweeter but don't expect it to last long and enjoy it while it lasts. At present the early 90s seems a lifetime ago and hard to believe it happened at all. I feel most sorry for the supporters that never witnessed the early 90s and have only mostly witnessed mediocrity.

Edited by The Night-Owl

14 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Supporting Wednesday is like being one of those cliche characters in a horror, zombie or post apocalyptic film. You just no whatever happens, that doom will meet them. Unlike them we go through it over and over again, like a out of control rollercoaster, with brief highs and many dips and lows. Our time will come again, eventually, somehow. The numerous lows will make the next high all the more sweeter but don't expect it to last long and enjoy it while it lasts. At present the early 90s seems a lifetime ago and hard to believe it happened at all. I feel most sorry for the supporters that never witnessed the early 90s and have only mostly witnessed mediocrity.

In horror movies anyone who has sex is guaranteed to be the next to meet a gruesome end. If supporting Wednesday is like being a character in a horror movie I'm going to become cellibate.lol

Edited by prowl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s like a relationship where you’ve been fizzed over so many times you’re just numb to the pain, but dead inside lol 

Least with a relationship if you felt like that you could just play the field. It's not like we can all sneak off and go and watch another team as a sidepiece. 

Guest Bulgaria
44 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

I’ve been asking myself lately why I bother watching football, I don’t enjoy it anymore. It’s not the same game like it was 20 years ago. It doesn’t matter which team I watch on sky sports it’s still the same boring football. Last night I sat down to watch the game on sky and within 10 minutes I was up finding something to do. I’ve found myself having the football on in the background more and more these days. But I think a lot of football fans feel the same. 

So true, I plan my weekends around the t.v games then once they start I get up and do something else!

19 minutes ago, prowl said:

In horror movies anyone who has sex is guaranteed to be the next to meet a gruesome end. If supporting Wednesday is like being a character in a horror movie I'm going to become cellibate.lol

You might want to have sex after Saturdays match :rolleyes:

• Haha 2