The result of Chansiri's investment

1 hour ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Cake ball mk2

:Chansiri:

DC: "The fans are feeling down, we need something to lift their spirits, something they can cheer about. Any ideas?"

PR Team: "Have you thought about doing another cake ball? But instead of 278kg of flour, use 279?"

DC: "I like it!"

image.png.de46061b16cfeb43beb2c82e430ebaf4.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

I know DC is a bit random (!) but he always seems to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep us going. Rhodes (not his fault he flopped) 

Bruce (not his fault he fkd off)

Stadium sale (tbc) 

SAG / SYP restrictions (won)

I can’t see him staying away much longer during the current situation.

No idea what, but I bet he’s got something planned.....

Train rides around Hillsborough Park. 10 quid a pop. 

• Haha 4

In addition to the table I posted earlier (repeated further down this post) that outlined our performance season on season since 2012/2013, I've just done a quick list of all the incoming transfers I could find since DC took charge.  The first couple, I'm not 100% were under DC, but the list still makes for frustrating reading.

Filipe Melo

Sergiu Bus

Stevie May

Fernando Forestieri

Gary Hooper

Marco Matias

Lucas Joao

Rhoys Wiggins

Lewis McGugan

Vincent Sasso

Modou Sougou

Darryl Lachman

Ross Wallace

Jack Hunt

Barry Bannan

Joe Bennett

Michael Turner

Daniel Pudil

Aiden McGeady

Adam Reach

Almen Abdi

Morgan Fox

Sam Winnall

Jake Kean

David Jones

Jordan Thorniley

Steven Fletcher

Callum McManaman

Will Buckley

Matt Penney

Urby Emanuelson

Jordan Rhodes

Joost van Aken

Joey Pelupessy

George Boyd

Jacob Butterfield

Frederico Venancio

Dominic Iorfa

Achraf Lazaar

Micheal Hector

Rolando Aarons

Josh Onomah

Massimo Luongo

Kadeem Harris

Paul Jones

Moses Odubajo

Manuel Hidalgo

Julian Borner

Connor Wickham

David Bates

Alessio Da Cruz

Jacob Murphy

Josh Windass

Using figures from transfermarkt.co.uk, it suggests we have spent £39,993,000 on transfer fees which does not include signing on fees, agents fees, loan fees etc.  Nor does this figure include wages paid over the course of contracts which is probably much more.  For example, Jordan Rhodes on an estimated £25,000 per week basic would equal £1,300,000 per year.  I suspect we have/had many players on £15,000-£25,000 per week.  

I don't know why I do this, as it just depresses me. 

Annotation 2020-02-17 184752.jpg

17 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I bet you like everyone else were more than happy with the players we signed in the first couple of seasons of Chansiri's ownership. I'm also willing to bet you made no such reservations at the time the likes of Abdi, Fletcher et al signed. 

Whatever you bet you lost. Am I really supposed to agree with all that, or can I tell you that, right from the first flurry of stupid signings I was not too impressed. I was not impressed with Gray getting the sack, or the way Chansiri proceeding to change every little stupid thing he could, as soon as ye took over, just because he could. What a classless show of power and waste of money all that was. Yes he showed us all that he was the big boss man, that he had much, much more money than sense and that his advisers thought running a football club was just like playing FIFA, where you buy people, shove them together and expect everything to fall into place. Stuart Gray knew exactly where we needed to strengthen, even the fans knew where we needed to strengthen. 8 decent quality, hungry, fit young players were needed for a real push for automatic promotion. 2 x wingers, 2 x strikers, 2 x fullbacks, a centre half  and a playmaker. That would have done us.

Tell us how many of these we should have got excited about, because one kid a pin and a large wallet, could have brought this lot in:-

Lloyd Isgrove loan

Sergio Bus

Felipe Melo

Vermijl

Lewis McGugan

Will Keane loan

Darryl Lachman

Marco Matias

Lewis Price

Wallace

Joao

Wiggins

Sougou

FF

Bannan

Hunt

Hooper

Sasso loan

Lopez loan

Turner loan

Pudil loan

Bennet loan

McGeady loan

Fletcher

Keane

Abdi

Jones

Reach

Emanuelson

Fox

Winnall

Rhodes

Buckley loan

Mcmanaman

Boyd

Aken

Pessy

Venancio loan

Butterfield loan

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Whatever you bet you lost. Am I really supposed to agree with all that, or can I tell you that, right from the first flurry of stupid signings I was not too impressed. I was not impressed with Gray getting the sack, or the way Chansiri proceeding to change every little stupid thing he could, as soon as ye took over, just because he could. What a classless show of power and waste of money all that was. Yes he showed us all that he was the big boss man, that he had much, much more money than sense and that his advisers thought running a football club was just like playing FIFA, where you buy people, shove them together and expect everything to fall into place. Stuart Gray knew exactly where we needed to strengthen, even the fans knew where we needed to strengthen. 8 decent quality, hungry, fit young players were needed for a real push for automatic promotion. 2 x wingers, 2 x strikers, 2 x fullbacks, a centre half  and a playmaker. That would have done us.

Tell us how many of these we should have got excited about, because one kid a pin and a large wallet, could have brought this lot in:-

Lloyd Isgrove loan

Sergio Bus

Felipe Melo

Vermijl

Lewis McGugan

Will Keane loan

Darryl Lachman

Marco Matias

Lewis Price

Wallace

Joao

Wiggins

Sougou

FF

Bannan

Hunt

Hooper

Sasso loan

Lopez loan

Turner loan

Pudil loan

Bennet loan

McGeady loan

Fletcher

Keane

Abdi

Jones

Reach

Emanuelson

Fox

Winnall

Rhodes

Buckley loan

Mcmanaman

Boyd

Aken

Pessy

Venancio loan

Butterfield loan

Yeah yeah yeah. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....

So before the start of last season only thirteen out of those  39 players got me excited and 13 goals a season (at his peak) Fletcher was not one of them, but Jordan Rhodes was,  and Abdi was, but the other 11 have been good players on and off, although 2 of the 11 were loan players who I think we should have bought, but DC had blown our budget for Venancio and couldn't offer the going rate for Bennet. I liked Hooper before he came to us but wasn't a massive fan when we brought him in, because of his fitness and injuries, but he was class when he was fit and was a decent signing, if only he coukd have played more games.

2 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Yeah yeah yeah. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....

You really couldnt see this coming after all the posters and thread over the last four years? We could have built a better squad of younger fitter players for way less and had players who we could sell for a profit if needed. We've done the old olayer high wages thing before. If you use your hindsight properly it can save you from making the same mistakes again and that's what they call foresight. All this was foreseen mate it just depends whether you lived in cloud 9 while DC was wasting his money or in the real world. 

23 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

All this was foreseen mate it just depends whether you lived in cloud 9 while DC was wasting his money or in the real world. 

I thought we had a very good chance against hull

I thought we would smash hudds.

In hindsight when it went titts up the writing was on the wall. And FA we could do, we went all in.

7 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

In addition to the table I posted earlier (repeated further down this post) that outlined our performance season on season since 2012/2013, I've just done a quick list of all the incoming transfers I could find since DC took charge.  The first couple, I'm not 100% were under DC, but the list still makes for frustrating reading.

Filipe Melo

Sergiu Bus

Stevie May

Fernando Forestieri

Gary Hooper

Marco Matias

Lucas Joao

Rhoys Wiggins

Lewis McGugan

Vincent Sasso

Modou Sougou

Darryl Lachman

Ross Wallace

Jack Hunt

Barry Bannan

Joe Bennett

Michael Turner

Daniel Pudil

Aiden McGeady

Adam Reach

Almen Abdi

Morgan Fox

Sam Winnall

Jake Kean

David Jones

Jordan Thorniley

Steven Fletcher

Callum McManaman

Will Buckley

Matt Penney

Urby Emanuelson

Jordan Rhodes

Joost van Aken

Joey Pelupessy

George Boyd

Jacob Butterfield

Frederico Venancio

Dominic Iorfa

Achraf Lazaar

Micheal Hector

Rolando Aarons

Josh Onomah

Massimo Luongo

Kadeem Harris

Paul Jones

Moses Odubajo

Manuel Hidalgo

Julian Borner

Connor Wickham

David Bates

Alessio Da Cruz

Jacob Murphy

Josh Windass

Using figures from transfermarkt.co.uk, it suggests we have spent £39,993,000 on transfer fees which does not include signing on fees, agents fees, loan fees etc.  Nor does this figure include wages paid over the course of contracts which is probably much more.  For example, Jordan Rhodes on an estimated £25,000 per week basic would equal £1,300,000 per year.  I suspect we have/had many players on £15,000-£25,000 per week.  

Jesus. No wonder we have wasted 150 million.

Who sanctioned half of that lot  ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Filipe Melo

Sergiu Bus

Stevie May

Fernando Forestieri

Gary Hooper

Marco Matias

Lucas Joao

Rhoys Wiggins

Lewis McGugan

Vincent Sasso

Modou Sougou

Darryl Lachman

Ross Wallace

Jack Hunt

Barry Bannan

Joe Bennett

Michael Turner

Daniel Pudil

Aiden McGeady

Adam Reach

Almen Abdi

Morgan Fox

Sam Winnall

Jake Kean

David Jones

Jordan Thorniley

Steven Fletcher

Callum McManaman

Will Buckley

Matt Penney

Urby Emanuelson

Jordan Rhodes

Joost van Aken

Joey Pelupessy

George Boyd

Jacob Butterfield

Frederico Venancio

Dominic Iorfa

Achraf Lazaar

Micheal Hector

Rolando Aarons

Josh Onomah

Massimo Luongo

Kadeem Harris

Paul Jones

Moses Odubajo

Manuel Hidalgo

Julian Borner

Connor Wickham

David Bates

Alessio Da Cruz

Jacob Murphy

Josh Windass

Brilliant work that mate, it took me so long to put my list together that I didnt realuse you had beaten me to it until I signed in just now! I could not even be bothered to finish the list because even after the first 39 signings the madness of bringing in random players continued. 

I would like to know who is responsible for bringing in the three January loan players and if these players were not Monk's idea, will Monk be allowed to identfy his own list of players in the summer and who helps him to identify those players.

The answers we have had in the past, to who identifies player targets, was that anybody within the club can identify players that may be of interest and the manager has the final word, which reading between the lines means that we did not have a club run scouting network. This can also mean a variety of other things, like ex-directors and other club emloyees, recommending players through contacts at former clubs, to involving agents like Paixo's lovely lot, that have allegedly made money out of poaching some of our young players while making even more by getting us to sign their older players on massive wages.

All of this is ok as long as the manager gets the right calibre of player that they are looking for, but proper scouts have the ability to spot the potential in players. These people see traits in players that go on to be top level players and know what they are looking for. They can be asked to look at specific types of players that a manager wants, so that they can observe their behaviour and talk to their team coaches to find out more about their personalities. That is how teams in our division and below used to identify players that were under the radar. They do not all become superstars, but not as many of them end up being such a big waste of time as most of the 40 odd players we have trawled through and as the lower league clubs still do this it must be way more cost effective.

15 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Filipe Melo

Sergiu Bus

Stevie May

Fernando Forestieri

Gary Hooper

Marco Matias

Lucas Joao

Rhoys Wiggins

Lewis McGugan

Vincent Sasso

Modou Sougou

Darryl Lachman

Ross Wallace

Jack Hunt

Barry Bannan

Joe Bennett

Michael Turner

Daniel Pudil

Aiden McGeady

Adam Reach

Almen Abdi

Morgan Fox

Sam Winnall

Jake Kean

David Jones

Jordan Thorniley

Steven Fletcher

Callum McManaman

Will Buckley

Matt Penney

Urby Emanuelson

Jordan Rhodes

Joost van Aken

Joey Pelupessy

George Boyd

Jacob Butterfield

Frederico Venancio

Dominic Iorfa

Achraf Lazaar

Micheal Hector

Rolando Aarons

Josh Onomah

Massimo Luongo

Kadeem Harris

Paul Jones

Moses Odubajo

Manuel Hidalgo

Julian Borner

Connor Wickham

David Bates

Alessio Da Cruz

Jacob Murphy

Josh Windass

Going to check previous seasons for comparison

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

9 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Jesus. No wonder we have wasted 150 million.

Who sanctioned half of that lot  ?

Some of those signings are right duds along with no resell value in a lot of them .. we've made money on who

Wiggins

May

Joao

Hunt

4 players in what ... 5 seasons

That is an absolute disgrace

Sold 4 players for money in 5 years. No wonder why our finances are down the bottom. Absolute haphazard planning, rudderless leadership and shameful understanding of how to run a "business"

Started looking at our transfer dealings before DC arrived, but it is too depressing. Since we did away with our scouting network we have had an awful record for recruiting real quality players, but even when we had very little money to spend under MM we brought in more good quality players than we gave snce then. When you look at our squad of players now and the fact that, not counting U23 players that have come and gone, he has brought 55 different players into our squad, either as signings, or on loan, yet only a small jumber of those players were judged to be good enough to keep, despite splashing mega millions on all the agents fees, transfer fees, wages etc.

55 players in 5 years yet only 6 of those are good enough to make up our starting 11 regularly, with Cameron Dawson (Westwood, Wildsmith), Palmer, Lees, Lee, Nuhiu all still pkaying regularly, but were already at the club before DC arrived.

So not counting the 5 latest set of loan players, or players that have come up from the U23s, our official SWFC squad has only 14 players in it that have been signed, out of all those players that the club paid to play for us over DC's ownership! Look at those 14 players now and the rest of the 55 that have featured, along with all the helpers, advisors and management additions that have come and gone, and wonder if we might have done a bit better if somebody involved with spending all that money had actually known what they were doing! 

5 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Brilliant work that mate, it took me so long to put my list together that I didnt realuse you had beaten me to it until I signed in just now! I could not even be bothered to finish the list because even after the first 39 signings the madness of bringing in random players continued. 

I would like to know who is responsible for bringing in the three January loan players and if these players were not Monk's idea, will Monk be allowed to identfy his own list of players in the summer and who helps him to identify those players.

The answers we have had in the past, to who identifies player targets, was that anybody within the club can identify players that may be of interest and the manager has the final word, which reading between the lines means that we did not have a club run scouting network. This can also mean a variety of other things, like ex-directors and other club emloyees, recommending players through contacts at former clubs, to involving agents like Paixo's lovely lot, that have allegedly made money out of poaching some of our young players while making even more by getting us to sign their older players on massive wages.

All of this is ok as long as the manager gets the right calibre of player that they are looking for, but proper scouts have the ability to spot the potential in players. These people see traits in players that go on to be top level players and know what they are looking for. They can be asked to look at specific types of players that a manager wants, so that they can observe their behaviour and talk to their team coaches to find out more about their personalities. That is how teams in our division and below used to identify players that were under the radar. They do not all become superstars, but not as many of them end up being such a big waste of time as most of the 40 odd players we have trawled through and as the lower league clubs still do this it must be way more cost effective.

Thanks mate. 

When the dust settles and we look back on this era, the main lesson to be learned will be that recruitment needs to be done as part of a coherent strategy instead of just throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks. 

On 16/02/2020 at 08:56, dowls said:

The really confusing element about this is that we are wilfully ignoring the facts about our neighbours.

1) Their previous chairman entered a deal where he lost the club he financed when they hit the big time after a major court case

2) Since 2010 we’ve had 8 managers they have had 10 Managers

3) they had plenty of loans coming in despite parachute payments and Teves cash to fund their club

4) their new owner is friends with Bin Ladens and the second in charge as some questionable opinions on Women.

Yet DC run us badly and is the reason we have not gone up??

united finally got the right man at the helm .. we haven’t sometimes it’s really just that simple and more about that than the boardroom.

Re Point 4) The Bin Laden's have questionable opinions on many things, not just Women. 

Re Mr C. I've defended him right up to the latest debacle in the last transfer window. I admire your Support of Mr C, but you've got to start drawing the dots. Mr C doesn't control the Paxo Chicken Group, they control him. He's a victim, just like the Wednesday fans are who pay £43 per ticket to watch the same drivel we watched at £23 per ticket.

Agents are destroying English football. We'll win nothing in the EUROs in the summer, and we'll be astonished why the French and Germans dominate once again. 

As for THEM. THEY appointed their Megson, the agents, who run our club, would never stand for us appointing ours, as it would interfere with the plans of the Paxo Chicken Group. That's why we get Managers like Carlos, Jos and Monk.

Here's what they think of your money. 

scout who came to watch my son was Methusalahs twin brother , was adamant he watched my son before , errr he hadn't  spent all game enthusing how good my son was , then told the club a load of rubbish lol Ante 

Edited by trevdi9