The result of Chansiri's investment

On 14/02/2020 at 13:49, Hitcat said:

How is a 2 playoffs standing still? He went quids in, it didn't work, we go again. Many other clubs have done the same but you choose to ignore those.

You are right. We are actually going backwards, but the screen and pitch are lovely. Having said that, the screen and pitch would not cost £150M. All the dozens of other clubs that have followed the same pathetic spending plan without any notion of what is actually required also have, or had morons in charge too. The player policies we have followed with DC are the same unsustainable policies we followed 20 odd years ago when we came out of the prem with nothing but debt and a load of old, crocked, underachieving, overpaid players.vWe yave serviced that debt for 16 years, had it settled and now this clown has got us in a mess more than four times worse without even playing in the prem, watching prem players play for us or even watching exciting football. The only premiership levels we have seen are the ticket prices! 

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

You are right. We are actually going backwards, but the screen and pitch are lovely. Having said that, the screen and pitch would not cost £150M. All the dozens of other clubs that have followed the same pathetic spending plan without any notion of what is actually required also have, or had morons in charge too. The player policies we have followed with DC are the same unsustainable policies we followed 20 odd years ago when we came out of the prem with nothing but debt and a load of old, crocked, underachieving, overpaid players.vWe yave serviced that debt for 16 years, had it settled and now this clown has got us in a mess more than four times worse without even playing in the prem, watching prem players play for us or even watching exciting football. The only premiership levels we have seen are the ticket prices! 

I bet you like everyone else were more than happy with the players we signed in the first couple of seasons of Chansiri's ownership. I'm also willing to bet you made no such reservations at the time the likes of Abdi, Fletcher et al signed. 

Edited by Hitcat
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Yep already said each to their own, just don’t think it’s a good idea with the club in all sorts of trouble on and off the field not to have the chairman and owner around less than he was before  

as for not selling anyone, im sure I’m. It the only one thinking that is probably the biggest reason we are in this mess. But that’s a completely different topic altogether. 

I really don't understand the reasoning about Chansiri not being around. Tell me, in all honesty, what does it matter whether he sits in a chair in Sheffield or in Thailand? It's the 21st century.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I bet you like everyone else were more than happy with the players we signed in the first couple of seasons of Chansiri's ownership. I'm also willing to bet you made no such reservations at the time the likes of Abdi, Fletcher et al signed. 

It’s not for fans to have reservations... there should be a finance director, chief executive/director of football or a transfer committee involved in these decisions.

As I understand it we just had DC and Carlos signing off the transfers (and neither had any previous experience of English football). And DC was making the transfers based on the majority of owlstalk wanting Jordan Rhodes

17 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I really don't understand the reasoning about Chansiri not being around. Tell me, in all honesty, what does it matter whether he sits in a chair in Sheffield or in Thailand? It's the 21st century.

Wouldn’t be an issue if he’d put people in place to run the club.

Other than a couple of statements on the website about the EFL charge, has there been anything from the leadership of the club since the Monk unveiling press conference?

17 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

What weve done in the past cant be altered,lets hope weve looked to the future and learned lessons.

If im not mistaken chansiri told us we payed the premium prices so we could sign better players,thats worked a treat,weve had to stave off relegation the last two seasons,and still pay the premium rates for everything from a cup of luke warm bovril to a football shirt that were getting flogged on ebay for half the price and twice the quality!

Has he not taken notice of how the other promoted clubs went up? Its like a footprint,all you have to do is follow it really is that simple

14 hours ago, NIOwl said:

How many of the post Premiership pre-Chansiri seasons ever had us looking like we might challenge for promotion to the Premiership, even for a glimmer? 06-07 under Laws? So 1?

11 Championship seasons started pre-Chansiri, 1 season that contained hope. 9% on the hopeometer. 

5 Championship seasons started since Chansiri, 3 that contained hope. 60% on the hopeomter. 

With the way things are going, under DC how would an equal sample size of 11 vs. 11 games look?

DC brought money to the table, something we didn't have before. With money comes hope.

DC summarily made poor business decisions, spunked all of said money down the drain, and made a complete mess of the clean slate handed to him. Celebrating the first two seasons, is like high-fiving your mates over that gorgeous bird you managed to pull last night, even though you woke up with gonorrhea

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, NIOwl said:

How many of the post Premiership pre-Chansiri seasons ever had us looking like we might challenge for promotion to the Premiership, even for a glimmer? 06-07 under Laws? So 1?

11 Championship seasons started pre-Chansiri, 1 season that contained hope. 9% on the hopeometer. 

5 Championship seasons started since Chansiri, 3 that contained hope. 60% on the hopeomter. 

Where would you say we are on the hopeometer now?

4 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Where would you say we are on the hopeometer now?

Well in that 06/07 season under Laws, we got less from the January and February than we have this season. We took 1 point from the first 7 games of 07... That season is remembered quite positively. 

8 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Perhaps they could skype him onto the big screen for every home game amd he can have a camera to watch the game from over there

12 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Wouldn’t be an issue if he’d put people in place to run the club.

Other than a couple of statements on the website about the EFL charge, has there been anything from the leadership of the club since the Monk unveiling press conference?

Exactly. Whilst he's off swanning around the world and posing uncomfortably for photos on Instagram, who is in charge of the day to day running of the club?

On 16/02/2020 at 11:21, NIOwl said:

I think that one season is gilding the lilly somewhat... was had a season where we weren't looking over our shoulder at the relegation places for a change lol

I know DC is a bit random (!) but he always seems to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep us going. Rhodes (not his fault he flopped) 

Bruce (not his fault he fkd off)

Stadium sale (tbc) 

SAG / SYP restrictions (won)

I can’t see him staying away much longer during the current situation.

No idea what, but I bet he’s got something planned.....

2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I know DC is a bit random (!) but he always seems to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep us going. Rhodes (not his fault he flopped) 

Bruce (not his fault he fkd off)

Stadium sale (tbc) 

SAG / SYP restrictions (won)

I can’t see him staying away much longer during the current situation.

No idea what, but I bet he’s got something planned.....

Cake ball mk2

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3