The result of Chansiri's investment

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

"if you think Sheffield United have better players then you know nothing about football"

- Dejphon Chansiri

If ever a statement bit someone on the old 'arris.

Fans forum, Wednesday fans clapping like seals following that statement, a similar reaction to when he said we don’t sell our best players.

22 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Someone's done it. Its not that different.

What is this agenda rubbish? I'd live someone to explain what they mean by it! 

You've literally fudged the numbers to exclude the good seasons.  To try and prove your point.  That looks like an agenda.

Just not bothered...

8 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

You've literally fudged the numbers to exclude the good seasons.  To try and prove your point.  That looks like an agenda.

What have I fudged?

I've taken the 3 seasons back in the Championship before DC- can't go back any further as we were L1 and compared to the most recent 3 seasons.

Someone has done a 3 season before DC compared with 5 seasons after and it doesn't make a lot of difference.

The fact that you weren't aware of this and just decided to come at me with your agenda claptrap suggests you're the one with preconceived ideas wanting to defend DC at all costs without reading the whole thread or considering the very facts that you've asked for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You're not getting this are you?.

I'm not sure. You said you couldn't go back a year to do a 4 year comparison when this is Chansiris 5th season in the championship. The first 2 of which you ignored for your calculation.

All this bullshit about rumbelows agenda's when if you factor in some more season's it's hardly any different. Bout 11 points better off for over 100m spanked down the fùcking toilet.

1747464939_Annotation2020-02-14172621.jpg.ec036f1e529bd1cad21db68100853ae4.jpg.a96db107b4d5ed2d6cb1c244ba1598d9.jpg

That is absolutely shambolic. And being charged sky high prices, champagne prices for the pleasure. For this dogshit we are getting served up. For the past what, 2-3 years of crap. Absolute joke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why did he nearly do it?

With what I have seen since Wembley play off think we would have come straight back down and wasted even more money on some very average players.

Would have  been in the same or worse position 4 years on.

Well if we’d have turned up at Wembley he would have done it.  If Carlos had gone for it against Huddersfield the following season, we’d have been at Wembley again. If then we’d have come straight back down, and that’s debatable, at least we’d have had loads of cash, parachute payments and would have avoided the FFP that’s now hanging over our heads. Hopefully, by then, he’d have got some decent advisors in. 

In fairness we were nowhere near getting promoted prior to him taking over.

We got very close - twice.

Since then... really how much have we spent?  Or been able to spend?

He made an outstanding appointment in Bruce... then gets shafted.

I'm all for slating people and having a moan... but this thread conveniently hides a whole load of truth.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Well if we’d have turned up at Wembley he would have done it.  If Carlos had gone for it against Huddersfield the following season, we’d have been at Wembley again. If then we’d have come straight back down, and that’s debatable, at least we’d have had loads of cash, parachute payments and would have avoided the FFP that’s now hanging over our heads. Hopefully, by then, he’d have got some decent advisors in. 

Yep, he did nearly do it. I'd be interested to know who wa responsible for the recruitment on those early days...

Forestieri

Bannan

Pudil

Wallace

That first raft of signings was superb. Whoever was responsible did a great job. Assuming it wasn't Carlos, the mistake was not keeping them around.

8 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

All this bullshit about rumbelows agenda's when if you factor in some more season's it's hardly any different. Bout 11 points better off for over 100m spanked down the fùcking toilet.

1747464939_Annotation2020-02-14172621.jpg.ec036f1e529bd1cad21db68100853ae4.jpg.a96db107b4d5ed2d6cb1c244ba1598d9.jpg

That is absolutely shambolic. And being charged sky high prices, champagne prices for the pleasure. For this dogshit we are getting served up. For the past what, 2-3 years of crap. Absolute joke

No escaping these facts.

23 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Things are going very quiet behind the scene, apart from the blunt statements about efl we ah ent heard a sniff from our owner for a long time, which goes against what he was doing before.  Has he lost his enthusiasm? It certainly looked that way when he had the press conference with Monk.

my biggest fear was always him getting fed up and bored, he’s gambled which I was as far against as I could possibly be but when people who gamble get bored, they generally find something else. If he’s bored of us we could be right up poo creek without a paddle. 
I just hope I was wrong from the beginning and the people who say he’s got a good heart and the clubs interest at heart are right because if not the poo storm hasn’t even started. 

I don’t think it would be wise to old another

forum when the main questions would revolve around the forthcoming EFL case and club can’t answer. And DC can’t comment on the playing side of things as that’s typically in house. DC backed his manger in bringing in Wickham, Windass and Cruz. 

The really confusing element about this is that we are wilfully ignoring the facts about our neighbours.

1) Their previous chairman entered a deal where he lost the club he financed when they hit the big time after a major court case

2) Since 2010 we’ve had 8 managers they have had 10 Managers

3) they had plenty of loans coming in despite parachute payments and Teves cash to fund their club

4) their new owner is friends with Bin Ladens and the second in charge as some questionable opinions on Women.

Yet DC run us badly and is the reason we have not gone up??

united finally got the right man at the helm .. we haven’t sometimes it’s really just that simple and more about that than the boardroom.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

dowls. Do you honestly think he hasn’t taken a huge step away?  He used to make statements about making statements forget forums or whatever else. To me it looks like he’s lost all interest which is very very dangerous. 

No I don’t .. I think we’ve had multiple large issues all of which would dominant any fan forums so they are a no go for now.

1) EFL charge 1 (FFP)

2) EFL charge 2 ( Director Misconduct)

3) Sheffield CC court case about Lep

4) Bruce compensation 

5) Hirst court challenge

Non can be spoken about and we know for fact at these session he’s incredibly open to discussing issues

• Haha 1

Just now, 2roland2 said:

im not talking about fans forums, im talking about a total step back, not attending games as he used too. Until fairly recently he didn’t miss a match, he’s gone scarily quiet. 
if you don’t think that’s worrying that’s your view, for me I would expect him to be around a hell of a lot more reassuring the club and fans with the as you say long  list of issues hanging over us and to add to that our arse falling out on the pitch.  Each to their own I guess. For me I would like to see some owner/leadership in these worrying in times

Lets agree to disagree .. I got everyone of your points and you know exactly my point.

3 week ago the chairman made the biggest statement in getting Wickham, Cruz and Windass over the line regards deals.

Also (once again) not selling anyone of consequence .. a sign we’re not desperate for cash BUT also a sign that some players who want out feel trapped and some who don’t want feel empowered despite the manager not wanting them.

Right now the chairman can only come out with Monk sacked or full confidence statements.. 

The club can’t say anything regards the other issue (EFL) .. though we will know by the end of this month maybe as early as Wednesday this coming week!!

How many of the post Premiership pre-Chansiri seasons ever had us looking like we might challenge for promotion to the Premiership, even for a glimmer? 06-07 under Laws? So 1?

11 Championship seasons started pre-Chansiri, 1 season that contained hope. 9% on the hopeometer. 

5 Championship seasons started since Chansiri, 3 that contained hope. 60% on the hopeomter.