Last Season Ticket?

6 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

You are correct, my google skills let me down (must have been the post early bird prices I found).

But my point still stands about the investment from the chairman.  20,000 x £125 = £2.5m.  He's put in WAYYYYY more than we have.  And with P&S he has to make the books balance somehow.

Its 20,000 x 125 x 5 seasons.

And thats just the extra

So back to the point. We are all paying far more than we've ever done, and far more than the very vast majority of our peers. In that 5 years 15 clubs have been promoted - and I'd fairly confidently suggest that around 90% (or more) of them have been cheaper to watch than we have.

So when does our success kick in? The one we are apparently buying? (It was you who said it)

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its 20,000 x 125 x 5 seasons.

And thats just the extra

So back to the point. We are all paying far more than we've ever done, and far more than the very vast majority of our peers. In that 5 years 15 clubs have been promoted - and I'd fairly confidently suggest that around 90% (or more) of them have been cheaper to watch than we have.

So when does our success kick in? The one we are apparently buying? (It was you who said it)

Struggling to understand why a small minority of people aren't getting this. It has to be deliberate.

We were told we'd get what we paid for. We 100% aren't. 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Struggling to understand why a small minority of people aren't getting this. It has to be deliberate.

We were told we'd get what we paid for. We 100% aren't. 

And that strategy was backed by the fans in a huge majority

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer:

Yes 29.94%

No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Answer

Yes: 70.14% 

No: 29.86%

Interestingly - since that survey 2 years ago in Feb 2018 - I think weve only signed Iorfa & Luongo that cost anything? 

Pelupessy was the month before.

20 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Instead, we've had the consequences of plan A, whilst being ripped off.

No wonder people feel let down and a bit conned.

The headline consequence of Plan A would have been sale of 'key' players, which we've not had. In hindsight that would have been a good thing.

1 minute ago, Binky Griptite said:

The headline consequence of Plan A would have been sale of 'key' players, which we've not had. In hindsight that would have been a good thing.

If we assume Luongo was about a £million, and Iorfa was £0.5m weve spent £1.5m

In that same period we've sold Hunt (reported £4m but I bet it was nearer £2m) and Lucas Joao (widely reported £7m)

So a profit on transfers of about £8m (which dont get me wrong is a good thing - but doesnt fit in line with the strategy that was voted for - and aggressively pushed for in the survey)

Option A should have been:

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the managed turnover of playing staff wages through strategic sales of players when the right offer is received, purchasing players with an upward curve in their value, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of ongoing investment through lower salaried players.

I think the results would have been far more even then.

I renewed but reluctantly handed over the money. Like others have said it’s the craic if meeting up with friends beforehand and having a beer or two. 

Didn’t Chansiri once defend our high prices by saying maybe fans could not choose to have that extra pint or two? Yeah great I’ll have a lime cordial and comfort myself with the thought of Nuhui up top on his own. 

I don’t know how DC can justify the prices anymore and should the worst happen, what are the crowds going to be in L1?

I’m really not that bothered about going today and certainly won’t be attending the Man City game. 

DC got a massive job on his hands to get us moving in the right direction again. 

17 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

So presumably you were calling for him to commit harakiri when you were walking down Wembley way?

And to say that your post is disingenuous would be an utter understatement.  Even for you, that's ludicrous.  Let's bring back DA, he's looking for a new club I'm sure. You'd be the first back through the gate when he takes over from DC I presume?

Not sure that aim was called for.

After having 28 out of the last 30 season tickets, I decided not to renew, not recently, but in mid December and for

financial reasons more than anything (I'm not even going to the Man City game, which is a first for me).

At the moment it's looking like a good decision but I'd rather the team still have been up around the top places.

I don't agree with all of this chairman bashing as he nearly achieved the ultimate goal in his first two seasons and

many supporters had been craving someone coming in to splash the cash for many years, in order to get us promoted.

Unfortunately, Mr Chansiri seems to have lost control with the over-investment in playing staff and we're all now suffering.

Thing is, this club's been a financial mess since the very early seventies and virtually every chairman since then, barring 

Mr Mandaric, hasn't been up to the job. Certainly, Milan did a great job in turning the club around but even he couldn't

put money in to take us forward - Mr Chansiri has, but it looks as though it's all about to fail, miserably.

Clearing the decks, building from scratch and progressing from then on, as we did under Big Jack and Howard W, may be

the only way to crack this but it may have to start with relegation. Getting the right manager in and letting him build a team

how he wants it, as United have done recently, could give the club enough momentum to progress but, over-expectation 

from the fans usually doesn't give a manager the time to achieve his goals.

And with United being well in the ascendancy now, the expectation is even greater than normal for many.

So, unless Monk and the players can turn this around, I'd be prepared, 'cos things are looking pretty bleak at the moment.

(Just looking out the window as I type this and the weather's reflecting the mood!!)

Like a fool i have just renewed to the tune of £640 for what could be League 1 poo .  So am i going to get some money back if we do go down thanks to his mismanagement.  Or will it be free tickets for that nothing cup were going to have to play in.  Im just so angry at this club at the moment. More so than ever.  It never gets any better, just false hope and one calamity after another.  I will never walk away but our voices need to be heard.  Its not good enough Chansiri. Sort it or pet shop off.

On 13/02/2020 at 10:03, gillyno9 said:

I resisted the temptation to renew and I’m happy with my decision.......... everything comes to an end one day. My day has come. Wonder how many more people there are like me.

Unfortunately I have now reached that stage. :-(