Last Season Ticket?

2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Or maybe they just love the club and want to support it.  I've had a season ticket since about '95 so I've seen plenty of rubbish.  And you know what, I'd support us in league 2.  Because Wednesday isn't a choice for me.

and that is fair enough mate. Anyone can do as they please, i probably should have said IMO afterwards

Supporting Wednesday isn’t a choice for me either - far from it, all the way through my 20s ive worked extra hours and sacrificed things in order to follow them home and away every week...some my mates think i’m mental

But right now, in my early 30’s just about to commit to my first mortgage, i’ve got some decisions to make about spending money.

All i’m saying is i want to see some structure and some f**king leadership at our fantastic club before i part with my money at a time when i really need it. Fed up of us being run like a circus!

Everyone has a tipping point and i’m almost there - although it really pains me to say it.

2 hours ago, OurDan said:

Until I recently acknowledged an unjust warning point I received it was my only way to view the site

Now. While Im signing in as Grandad - you can perhaps get to the facts?

Oh dear. How's about when demanding facts you stop peddling the outright lie that your warning was unjust and acting the martyr?

• Like 1

I’ve had a season ticket for many, many years, advertised with the club, supplied a service to the club  and I mostly enjoy going, it’s one of my way too many hobbies but it is a very small percentage of my life.

I really don’t understand how some people get so wound up about what happens down at Hillsborough - it’s just a game of football and shouldn’t affect your life to any great degree (no offence intended to anyone on here) I just don’t understand how it plays a major part in some people’s life’s.

On 13/02/2020 at 10:10, S36 OWL said:

My three year ST ends this season. But I've not renewed before the deadline. I'm waiting till the summer to see what the EFL do to us, because I ant paying Premier league prices if we are in league one next season. 

It was very hard for me not to renew because I've been a St holder for over 30 years. 

That is fvvcking heartbreaking to read. 

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I’ve had a season ticket for many, many years, advertised with the club, supplied a service to the club  and I mostly enjoy going, it’s one of my way too many hobbies but it is a very small percentage of my life.

I really don’t understand how some people get so wound up about what happens down at Hillsborough - it’s just a game of football and shouldn’t affect your life to any great degree (no offence intended to anyone on here) I just don’t understand how it plays a major part in some people’s life’s.

With respect mate, some people might not be able to afford "many hobbies" and if they're investing their hard earned into the one hobby that is Sheffield Wednesday it will play a major part in their lives.

34 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

With respect mate, some people might not be able to afford "many hobbies" and if they're investing their hard earned into the one hobby that is Sheffield Wednesday it will play a major part in their lives.

I didn’t mean the many hobbies to come across like it probably has and I understand your point. I suppose I was just trying to say - whatever is happening at Hillsborough, don’t let it rule your life to the extent it’s hurting your life - it’s just a game of football. lol

13 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Or maybe they just love the club and want to support it.  I've had a season ticket since about '95 so I've seen plenty of rubbish.  And you know what, I'd support us in league 2.  Because Wednesday isn't a choice for me.

Not into conspiracy theories but think you've jinxed us ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

and that is fair enough mate. Anyone can do as they please, i probably should have said IMO afterwards

Supporting Wednesday isn’t a choice for me either - far from it, all the way through my 20s ive worked extra hours and sacrificed things in order to follow them home and away every week...some my mates think i’m mental

But right now, in my early 30’s just about to commit to my first mortgage, i’ve got some decisions to make about spending money.

All i’m saying is i want to see some structure and some f**king leadership at our fantastic club before i part with my money at a time when i really need it. Fed up of us being run like a circus!

Everyone has a tipping point and i’m almost there - although it really pains me to say it.

Wait til you see nursery fees if you ever have kids, that's what's finished me off, ridiculous in this country. After tax as a teacher I'm not much better off than staying at home 

I wonder once the Chairman sees a drop in ST sales, he’ll finally realise that the fan base aren’t happy with what’s being served up on and off the pitch at the moment?

That said he’s been extremely quiet this season even by his standards so I do wonder if moves are being made in the background to facilitate a possible exit for him?

12 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

All of that is valid and I totally understand where you're coming from.  I was lucky enough that a few years ago when I didn't have the money my mum and dad bought my ST as Christmas & Birthday presents.

But it's no different to any choice.  If I see a shirt I like but can't afford it, I don't protest the leadership of Debenhams!

Football fans want the structure to be put in place to run the club properly as a business, but then cry when they are treated like customers.  Football isn't the sport it was 30 years ago. It's a commercial mine field now.  I don't like it any more than the next man.  But it's certainly not our Chairman's fault that if you want to be successful you have to spend a bit of cash (yeah yeah United did it with nothing blah blah blah).  And unless the fans put that cash in we will get hammered by P&S.

Just not bothered...

6 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

But it's certainly not our Chairman's fault that if you want to be successful you have to spend a bit of cash (yeah yeah United did it with nothing blah blah blah).  And unless the fans put that cash in we will get hammered by P&S.

We've been right up there as the most expensive club in the division for 5 years under Chansiri

How many seasons before that success kicks in?

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

We've been right up there as the most expensive club in the division for 5 years under Chansiri

How many seasons before that success kicks in?

Where were we before DC out of interest?

I can remember when we were in league 1, playing away at Blackburn in the cup.  They were advertising season tickets that were cheaper than ours.  They were in the Premier League.

I'd also argue that a play-off final and 4th place finish was success for a team that had spent a decade and a half stuck between the bottom half of the championship and top half of league 1!

Just not bothered...

Chansiri has painted himself into a corner.

he has gone the Season ticket route by completely wiping out POTG and casual fans by exorbitant pricing and all his eggs are in that basket.

Despite what some might say our season ticket prices are higher than equivalent clubs.

The product on the pitch and the league position are no better than when it was affordable to come and pay on the day and the season ticket sales look like they are going to plummet.

The excuse that he has spent loads himself doesn’t hold water as most of it has been squandered.

The man has no commercial nous whatsoever as far as I can see and Christ knows what the future holds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

2013/14 - £430

2020/21 - £455

£25 increase in 7 years.  It's not like DC has been taking the wee wee IMO considering the investment he's made.

Kop 2013/14

Early Bird pricing - £330.00 (if bought before 2nd March)

Kop 2020/21
Early Bird pricing - £455.00 (if bought before 10th February)

Thats a £125 increase

(This is what I meant about facts)

Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to announce that Season Tickets for the 2013/14 campaign are on sale now for an initial six-week period.

Supporters who take advantage of this Early Bird offer are GUARANTEED to purchase their Season Tickets at the cheapest possible price.

Prices equate to an average of just £14.34 for an adult on the Kop, where a full Season Ticket costs only £330.

Overall throughout Hillsborough, Season Ticket prices for next term compare favourably to two years ago when the Owls were in League 1.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "The support we have experienced back in the Championship has been unbelievable. Only one team has a higher average attendance, which is a magnificent reflection on the loyalty of Sheffield Wednesday supporters.

Our current Season Ticket sales are at their highest levels for 20 years and I sincerely hope we can continue in that direction. On behalf of everyone at the club, I thank our supporters for their incredible backing and commitment."

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Kop 2013/14

Early Bird pricing - £330.00 (if bought before 2nd March)

Kop 2020/21
Early Bird pricing - £455.00 (if bought before 10th February)

Thats a £125 increase

(This is what I meant about facts)

You are correct, my google skills let me down (must have been the post early bird prices I found).

But my point still stands about the investment from the chairman.  20,000 x £125 = £2.5m.  He's put in WAYYYYY more than we have.  And with P&S he has to make the books balance somehow.

• Haha 2

Just not bothered...