1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Some. Many choose not to.

Some POTG fans manage to pay the rip of prices and attend.

Many don't.

Is it too much to ask to have an inclusive club or do we have turn a blind eye to the Chairmans fuckwittery and shenanigans ?

Do you enjoy a half empty ground, devoid of atmosphere, and diabolical football ?

Of course I would prefer the ground to be full every home game, full of atmosphere and winning every game.

Because things aren't going as I would like doesn't mean I stop supporting Sheffield Wednesday though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

As will many others.

Big year this year for season ticket holders calling it a day until he changes or goes.

It's funny, because we had people saying the exact same thing under DA and Milan, yet attendances stay about the same.  People who find an excuse not to go will always find an excuse not to go.  The Chairman, the manager, the football, the food in the North, the weather.  It's your choice, that's fine.  But don't go round bad mouthing the club because you've fallen out with them.  It's been here longer than you have and will be here long after you go.  You're a tiny part of it.  Nobody makes you go and you have no god given right to be bowed down to for all your merry whims and wishes.  Support the club or don't.  Simple as that.  But if you don't support it at it's lowest, I find it distasteful that you come back when it's at it's height.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 6

After work swfc takes up most of my "spare" time.  Not apologising for spending my money and time somewhere more enjoyable.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Pretty sure nobody has stopped supporting the club. Your Truefan insinuations are insulting.

Plenty are stopping propping up the Chairmans mismanagement though.

As with Dave Allen, the Apologists will just extend the Chairmans reign not secure it.

The pain will be extended for all of us, but ultimately he'll go and we'll still be here.

No true fan insinuations at all. I have supported the club for many years as have thousands of others and still will do, as thousands of others still will.

Just because I don't refuse to renew my ticket in protest against an owner, manager, official or player doesn't make me a true fan, or super fan or any other derogatory name.

I'm still just a supporter of my club.

• Agree 1

Sigh...... @Steelman

There was a time when I just could not imagine missing a game, obviously going to the match is no longer an option for me but it makes me sad and angry to read about people who feel they can no longer go solely because of the debacle that is this current ownership.

It's reaching a point where people have to vote with their feet, its painful but there is more to life than paying a small fortune to watch crap footy and come away frustrated, annoyed, dismayed and ripped off.

Lets hope what we are going through now is at least the beginning of the end of this current shambolic chapter in our recent history. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Agree 3

Haven't renewed before the deadline. Let's see how this season pans out first, see if we actually get rid of some deadwood & invest in some good new players. Also see how the court case with the EFL & the SAG restrictions turn out. And the manager!  If I save a tenner a month from now onwards & we seem to be changing for the better, I'll have the extra few quid to renew at a later date. Assuming the price will go up from early bird.........................

:duntmatter::ghoulguy:

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Edited by OurDan

13 hours ago, Steelman said:

On Monday I renewed mine and my 13 year old's season ticket. Like most who have, I've only been paid once since Christmas, and Christmas was quite expensive. I wasn't happy that it had been brought forward two months and couldn't help but feel I'd been taken advantage of, like a mug. Why had they been brought forward by a couple of months? Are we having more cash flow problems with FFP? Does the club know we've got a points deduction coming in February or March that would in all likelihood mean we get relegated to League 1? Would we start next season in the championship with a points deduction making it a write-off before a ball is kicked? All legitimate considerations that still haven't been answered.

When I'd paid for the tickets instead of excitement, optimism or even hope at another season of watching Wednesday I just felt used, taken advantage of, dirty even. And not in a good way. So why did I renew?

I think like most who have, or will at a later date, we will watch Wednesday regardless. It's about time with family and friends in the pub before and after as well as the banter that you have with the random ST holders that you sit with. People who you would never meet in real life but who you are thrown together with because of your shared love for Wednesday. Then after a few seasons they aren't strangers, they're your weekend family. It's our own little cult and it's ours. Then there's the away days. We all know how the TPP system works in relation to season tickets. I've built mine up over years to the stage I can go to any away games I want. And I go to plenty, either as lads and dads thing with friends who've also built their points up over time, and their kids, or some heavy all day benders with the lads. Both are top days out in their own ways. Notice how I haven' actually mentioned the football yet? The football is secondary to a degree and that's how "they" get you. I'm sure when asked about the match all of us will have said on at least half a dozen occasions that we've "had a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football".

It's the life of about 99.9% of football fans. I do not want to give it up and Chansiri knows that, the "club" knows that, that's why we're taken for granted that's why people will renew. That's how they get us.

But people aren't stupid. There's a point where the football becomes so bad, where the club becomes such a shambles that people walk away. So I'll pay my Premier League Prices for what's possibly a League 1 season ticket next season. Or a season where we start with a 20 point deduction where "success" will be defined by finishing 4th bottom. There's no optimism from me about the number of players out of contract and the opportunity to rebuild. This club is such a shambles and so toxic with Chansiri in charge that I don't think we'll be able to attract players. I can easily see us starting next season without enough senior pro's to make up a full matchday squad.

So enjoy my ST money SWFC and please try to spend it wisely. But also bear this in mind. You will not takethepiss out of me for another season after the next one. If you serve League 1 football at Premier League prices I'll walk. If I continue to see what I'm currently seeing I'll walk. Because there's only so far you can go with an incompetent and dishonest set-up before the fans will walk away. I will not continue to be fleeced because of blind loyalty after next season and I'm sure many of us are at that tipping point now.

#Chansisriout

It's not compulsory !

• Like 1
  • Disagree 5

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Haven't renewed before the deadline. Let's see how this season pans out first, see if we actually get rid of some deadwood & invest in some good new players. Also see how the court case with the EFL & the SAG restrictions turn out. And the manager!  If I save a tenner a month from now onwards & we seem to be changing for the better, I'll have the extra few quid to renew at a later date. Assuming the price will go up from early bird.........................

:duntmatter::ghoulguy:

Very sensible approach. The early bird was a bit too early for me after Christmas. 
Will wait and see how all this pans out but know in my heart of hearts I will finish up renewing later.

If we do finish up in League 1 it will be very difficult for Chansiri to increase the later renewal price above and beyond the early bird level.

• Like 1

No doubt Chansiri will roll out the old chestnut "we have had record season ticket sales this year", like when we had the gopping pinstripe shirt that was our best ever selling shirt.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

No doubt Chansiri will roll out the old chestnut "we have had record season ticket sales this year", like when we had the gopping pinstripe shirt that was our best ever selling shirt

Season tickets sales have grown every year FACT

• Haha 5

Just now, bladeshater said:

Our debt and mismanagement has grown every year ...........

FACTTTTTTTT

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Is that inline with our record shirt sales FACT.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Is that inline with our record shirt sales FACT.

Record shirt sales ... we must be selling at least a million a year by now :tango:

almost as good as when our super chairman advised it was better to have empty executive boxes and hospitality areas . That was my personal favourite chansiri wtf moment 

• Haha 3

Point 1

I understand the sentiment in here but whilst its not like spending money guarantees success it should help.

Under current league rules we can't spend money without generating it. For a non Premier League club ticket sales is a big revenue stream. Chansiri is perhaps guilty of looking to the obvious source of cash but we'd be lapping it up if we were successful on the pitch. The problem is success on the pitch is the most difficult aspect of football to achieve and is largely beyond the control of the Chairman. He's made four managerial appointments, two of which we're arguably a 'success' (CC and Bruce) and one of which we'd probably still be under the stewardship of now if outside influences didn't come into play (meaning 2 of 3 appointments would have been 'a success').

Yes, Chansiri has made mistakes but boil it down to the footballing side and he's tried to put the right pieces in the right places. If (and its a big if) the footballing side was a success the vast majority would be ignoring all the other foibles around the club.

Point 2

If he scrapped season tickets and made pay on the day £20 would you complain? 99% would not, yet people are complaining at the cost of a season ticket when it works out to less than £20 per match. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

If (and its a big if) the footballing side was a success the vast majority would be ignoring all the other foibles around the club.

This stands out from the rest of your post for me.

Of course we would. However in my opinion this argument's invalid. Without being entirely reliant on luck, this circumstance is nigh on impossible. Long term, you just cannot make all the mistakes he's made and see success on the pitch. It is because of all the other foibles around the club that on the pitch we're in this plight. And as the man at the very top, every single one of those foibles is on him.

After his initial gamble failed he should have changed approach and started to plan for the long term. Heck, even if his initial gamble had seen us promoted to the Premier League his immediate focus should have turned to planning for the long term.

3 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Point 1

I understand the sentiment in here but whilst its not like spending money guarantees success it should help.

Under current league rules we can't spend money without generating it. For a non Premier League club ticket sales is a big revenue stream. Chansiri is perhaps guilty of looking to the obvious source of cash but we'd be lapping it up if we were successful on the pitch. The problem is success on the pitch is the most difficult aspect of football to achieve and is largely beyond the control of the Chairman. He's made four managerial appointments, two of which we're arguably a 'success' (CC and Bruce) and one of which we'd probably still be under the stewardship of now if outside influences didn't come into play (meaning 2 of 3 appointments would have been 'a success').

Yes, Chansiri has made mistakes but boil it down to the footballing side and he's tried to put the right pieces in the right places. If (and its a big if) the footballing side was a success the vast majority would be ignoring all the other foibles around the club.

Point 2

If he scrapped season tickets and made pay on the day £20 would you complain? 99% would not, yet people are complaining at the cost of a season ticket when it works out to less than £20 per match. 

My season ticket works out at about £24 a game. Add in the games I can't go to it ups to near £30. Our STs are expensive compared to other teams. 

At 1980s prices I should be paying less than a tenner POTG.