Last Season Ticket?

3 hours ago, modboy said:

I've decided not to renew. 

It takes a large chunk of my disposable income and it's painful, not enjoyable.

Id be better off getting spanked once a week at city sauna :ph34r:

Not sure you'd be better off, but at least you won't get your hopes up that it will be anything other than painful.

You might get something up depending on your preferences.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It will be very interesting to see what ST sales are like.

Admittedly, OT probably isn't always the best barometer, but you've got to think there will be a few thousand below what we've had for a few years.

Things are coming home to roost. 

You don't genuinely think you'll actually find out?

24 minutes ago, torryowl said:

What sad thread .....and what's even sadder is that things are more than likely to get a damn sight worse with this chancer running the club .

I always hate seeing threads like this.

It honestly is sad to see.

The one thing we can be proud of is our support and to see it dwindling away is heartbreaking 

I was full of hope when he took over - it didn't last too long 

4 hours ago, Steelman said:

On Monday I renewed mine and my 13 year old's season ticket. Like most who have, I've only been paid once since Christmas, and Christmas was quite expensive. I wasn't happy that it had been brought forward two months and couldn't help but feel I'd been taken advantage of, like a mug. Why had they been brought forward by a couple of months? Are we having more cash flow problems with FFP? Does the club know we've got a points deduction coming in February or March that would in all likelihood mean we get relegated to League 1? Would we start next season in the championship with a points deduction making it a write-off before a ball is kicked? All legitimate considerations that still haven't been answered.

When I'd paid for the tickets instead of excitement, optimism or even hope at another season of watching Wednesday I just felt used, taken advantage of, dirty even. And not in a good way. So why did I renew?

I think like most who have, or will at a later date, we will watch Wednesday regardless. It's about time with family and friends in the pub before and after as well as the banter that you have with the random ST holders that you sit with. People who you would never meet in real life but who you are thrown together with because of your shared love for Wednesday. Then after a few seasons they aren't strangers, they're your weekend family. It's our own little cult and it's ours. Then there's the away days. We all know how the TPP system works in relation to season tickets. I've built mine up over years to the stage I can go to any away games I want. And I go to plenty, either as lads and dads thing with friends who've also built their points up over time, and their kids, or some heavy all day benders with the lads. Both are top days out in their own ways. Notice how I haven' actually mentioned the football yet? The football is secondary to a degree and that's how "they" get you. I'm sure when asked about the match all of us will have said on at least half a dozen occasions that we've "had a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football".

It's the life of about 99.9% of football fans. I do not want to give it up and Chansiri knows that, the "club" knows that, that's why we're taken for granted that's why people will renew. That's how they get us.

But people aren't stupid. There's a point where the football becomes so bad, where the club becomes such a shambles that people walk away. So I'll pay my Premier League Prices for what's possibly a League 1 season ticket next season. Or a season where we start with a 20 point deduction where "success" will be defined by finishing 4th bottom. There's no optimism from me about the number of players out of contract and the opportunity to rebuild. This club is such a shambles and so toxic with Chansiri in charge that I don't think we'll be able to attract players. I can easily see us starting next season without enough senior pro's to make up a full matchday squad.

So enjoy my ST money SWFC and please try to spend it wisely. But also bear this in mind. You will not takethepiss out of me for another season after the next one. If you serve League 1 football at Premier League prices I'll walk. If I continue to see what I'm currently seeing I'll walk. Because there's only so far you can go with an incompetent and dishonest set-up before the fans will walk away. I will not continue to be fleeced because of blind loyalty after next season and I'm sure many of us are at that tipping point now.

#Chansisriout

I stopped going after 43 years, 2 years ago.

After being ripped off year after year, the players have no loyalty, so why pay their big wages, just for then to take us for granted.

1 hour ago, jimi said:

I cannot agree more with this. Counter-productive to the needs of the club it may be, especially given our P&S situation, however as a kind of 'personal protest' I've not renewed my ST. I just cannot bear to give the current chairman any more of my hard-earned money.

We're treated like absolute mugs.

Lied to - "Would you rather continue to pay the current pricing in exchange for a higher quality of player or pay cheaper prices and see the youth played?" Fizz off.

Taken for granted.

All whilst the club deem it unnecessary, for whatever reason, to engage in any sort of communication with the fan base. I don't feel connected to the club. I don't feel a part of it. And I don't feel my loyalty is rewarded in any way whatsoever.

The man is horrendously mismanaging this football club. How long are the fan base prepared to put up with it?

One perfect example ...thank you.

This is exactly how a lot of fans feel right now .

I did not renew this season after 20 odd years of having a season ticket. 

Writing was on the wall after last fans forum 

Chansiri closed ranks and threatened to sell the club 

EFL now looking into sale of ground 

We counter that claim ? 

No smoke without fire and I fear the worst . Players cannot be arsed and not up for a fight for the blue and white stripes 

And us fans suffer yet again 

1 hour ago, torres said:

I always hate seeing threads like this.

It honestly is sad to see.

The one thing we can be proud of is our support and to see it dwindling away is heartbreaking 

I was full of hope when he took over - it didn't last too long 

DC made the fatal mistake of not hiring an experienced football man to run the club the day he took over from Milan. And now we are paying the price for that. 

Anyone who buys  a business but dosnt know how that  business operates immediately employs someone who does know how it works to guide them. 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

DC made the fatal mistake of not hiring an experienced football man to run the club the day he took over from Milan. And now we are paying the price for that. 

Anyone who buys  a business but dosnt know how that  business operates immediately employs someone who does know how it works to guide them. 

Paull Aldridge stayed on for nearly a year - and was left twiddling his thumbs for most of that time.

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Hi Torres.

3 hours ago, torres said:

Renewing your season ticket to watch us is like being a heroin addict or an alcoholic 

It's far too expensive

You know the little high you might experience will be far outweighed by the downside 

You hate yourself for it

You become negative, insular, lose focus on real issues, lose friends and live in a bubble

You promise yourself you won't do it again

Then you renew!!

Hello,

i'm Torres

And i'm a season ticket holder 

Hi Torres 

Im Derick 

And I'm a season ticket holder

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

I resisted the temptation to renew and I’m happy with my decision.......... everything comes to an end one day. My day has come. Wonder how many more people there are like me.

I'm the same.

The club and Chansiri can sweat for my £500 until we know what is going on. Bringing forward to February is just mental. 

I honestly cannot be bothered with another season in league one. 

4 hours ago, torres said:

Renewing your season ticket to watch us is like being a heroin addict or an alcoholic 

It's far too expensive

You know the little high you might experience will be far outweighed by the downside 

You hate yourself for it

You become negative, insular, lose focus on real issues, lose friends and live in a bubble

You promise yourself you won't do it again

Then you renew!!

Hello,

i'm Torres

And i'm a season ticket holder 

I renewed at 5 minutes to midnight on Monday.

Hello

Im Hirstys Salopettes.

And I’m a heroin addict and an alcoholic.

• Haha 3