Last Season Ticket?

2 hours ago, Steelman said:

On Monday I renewed mine and my 13 year old's season ticket. Like most who have, I've only been paid once since Christmas, and Christmas was quite expensive. I wasn't happy that it had been brought forward two months and couldn't help but feel I'd been taken advantage of, like a mug. Why had they been brought forward by a couple of months? Are we having more cash flow problems with FFP? Does the club know we've got a points deduction coming in February or March that would in all likelihood mean we get relegated to League 1? Would we start next season in the championship with a points deduction making it a write-off before a ball is kicked? All legitimate considerations that still haven't been answered.

When I'd paid for the tickets instead of excitement, optimism or even hope at another season of watching Wednesday I just felt used, taken advantage of, dirty even. And not in a good way. So why did I renew?

I think like most who have, or will at a later date, we will watch Wednesday regardless. It's about time with family and friends in the pub before and after as well as the banter that you have with the random ST holders that you sit with. People who you would never meet in real life but who you are thrown together with because of your shared love for Wednesday. Then after a few seasons they aren't strangers, they're your weekend family. It's our own little cult and it's ours. Then there's the away days. We all know how the TPP system works in relation to season tickets. I've built mine up over years to the stage I can go to any away games I want. And I go to plenty, either as lads and dads thing with friends who've also built their points up over time, and their kids, or some heavy all day benders with the lads. Both are top days out in their own ways. Notice how I haven' actually mentioned the football yet? The football is secondary to a degree and that's how "they" get you. I'm sure when asked about the match all of us will have said on at least half a dozen occasions that we've "had a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football".

It's the life of about 99.9% of football fans. I do not want to give it up and Chansiri knows that, the "club" knows that, that's why we're taken for granted that's why people will renew. That's how they get us.

But people aren't stupid. There's a point where the football becomes so bad, where the club becomes such a shambles that people walk away. So I'll pay my Premier League Prices for what's possibly a League 1 season ticket next season. Or a season where we start with a 20 point deduction where "success" will be defined by finishing 4th bottom. There's no optimism from me about the number of players out of contract and the opportunity to rebuild. This club is such a shambles and so toxic with Chansiri in charge that I don't think we'll be able to attract players. I can easily see us starting next season without enough senior pro's to make up a full matchday squad.

So enjoy my ST money SWFC and please try to spend it wisely. But also bear this in mind. You will not takethepiss out of me for another season after the next one. If you serve League 1 football at Premier League prices I'll walk. If I continue to see what I'm currently seeing I'll walk. Because there's only so far you can go with an incompetent and dishonest set-up before the fans will walk away. I will not continue to be fleeced because of blind loyalty after next season and I'm sure many of us are at that tipping point now.

#Chansisriout

Why not just renew in the summer it might cost £20-30 more but at least you will have a better understanding where we and the club are.

I don't know of many other teams that do this resign 6 months before the start of the season thing, correct me if I am wrong but it was done first during Lee Stafford time when the club was struggling with cash flow.

The club have been taking advantage of the fans blind loyalty for years and until we all take a stand and say no more nothing will change.

I was planning on going on Saturday and get a ticket for the Man City game (have a membership). 

After what I've witnessed though in the last few weeks, I'm not paying £60 to £70 for the privilege of watching those jokers put in a half arsed effort. 

What we are producing right now is absolutely shameful. 

The players, the chairman and the hapless manager are a complete joke. 

The fans are one thing this club has which is consistently good and yet our club seems to go out of its way to take that for granted/exploit our loyalty. 

16 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

On the positive site those 10 year Season Tickets look more like lifetime passes even if you're in your forties.

On second thoughts some might say they're more like lifetime sentences!

The only problem is the way the club is being run they could end up being 1 year season tickets.  

14 minutes ago, briggowl said:

There's a lot of people who don't want to pay £30 for a match. The fact that its Man City who don't really have a weakened reserve team, its on the BBC and the FA Cup is almost a non event compared to pre Premier League days means we'll struggle to get any where near 20k Wednesday fans in I'd imagine. City fans might swell the numbers a bit.

Yeah and there was only about 16k Wednesday fans that turned up for the Everton game in the league cup. The Everton fans swelled the numbers for that one to 21k.

City are a bigger draw than Everton but we’re playing a lot worse now so we’ll have to see how they sell

Like many others I’ve not renewed my ST either. I feel quite sad and found it a difficult thing to do but, as a matter of principle, I think it’s the right thing to do. Like everyone I just want us to do well but it just not going to happen with the players we’ve got. I’m not abandoning us all together I’ll just be more selective as to which games I attend next season- whether or not we’re still in the Championship.

UP THE OWLS!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

On Monday I renewed mine and my 13 year old's season ticket. Like most who have, I've only been paid once since Christmas, and Christmas was quite expensive. I wasn't happy that it had been brought forward two months and couldn't help but feel I'd been taken advantage of, like a mug. Why had they been brought forward by a couple of months? Are we having more cash flow problems with FFP? Does the club know we've got a points deduction coming in February or March that would in all likelihood mean we get relegated to League 1? Would we start next season in the championship with a points deduction making it a write-off before a ball is kicked? All legitimate considerations that still haven't been answered.

When I'd paid for the tickets instead of excitement, optimism or even hope at another season of watching Wednesday I just felt used, taken advantage of, dirty even. And not in a good way. So why did I renew?

I think like most who have, or will at a later date, we will watch Wednesday regardless. It's about time with family and friends in the pub before and after as well as the banter that you have with the random ST holders that you sit with. People who you would never meet in real life but who you are thrown together with because of your shared love for Wednesday. Then after a few seasons they aren't strangers, they're your weekend family. It's our own little cult and it's ours. Then there's the away days. We all know how the TPP system works in relation to season tickets. I've built mine up over years to the stage I can go to any away games I want. And I go to plenty, either as lads and dads thing with friends who've also built their points up over time, and their kids, or some heavy all day benders with the lads. Both are top days out in their own ways. Notice how I haven' actually mentioned the football yet? The football is secondary to a degree and that's how "they" get you. I'm sure when asked about the match all of us will have said on at least half a dozen occasions that we've "had a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football".

It's the life of about 99.9% of football fans. I do not want to give it up and Chansiri knows that, the "club" knows that, that's why we're taken for granted that's why people will renew. That's how they get us.

But people aren't stupid. There's a point where the football becomes so bad, where the club becomes such a shambles that people walk away. So I'll pay my Premier League Prices for what's possibly a League 1 season ticket next season. Or a season where we start with a 20 point deduction where "success" will be defined by finishing 4th bottom. There's no optimism from me about the number of players out of contract and the opportunity to rebuild. This club is such a shambles and so toxic with Chansiri in charge that I don't think we'll be able to attract players. I can easily see us starting next season without enough senior pro's to make up a full matchday squad.

So enjoy my ST money SWFC and please try to spend it wisely. But also bear this in mind. You will not takethepiss out of me for another season after the next one. If you serve League 1 football at Premier League prices I'll walk. If I continue to see what I'm currently seeing I'll walk. Because there's only so far you can go with an incompetent and dishonest set-up before the fans will walk away. I will not continue to be fleeced because of blind loyalty after next season and I'm sure many of us are at that tipping point now.

#Chansisriout

You felt dirty buying a season ticket grow a pair pal 

47 minutes ago, torres said:

Renewing your season ticket to watch us is like being a heroin addict or an alcoholic 

It's far too expensive

You know the little high you might experience will be far outweighed by the downside 

You hate yourself for it

You become negative, insular, lose focus on real issues, lose friends and live in a bubble

You promise yourself you won't do it again

Then you renew!!

Hello,

i'm Torres

And i'm a season ticket holder 

Brilliant post

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

I have no problem with taking a season out, the club are taking thepiss out of us, its about showing the club for me.

This wonderful club is being ruined by someone who knows fk all about it or Sheffield people.

I cannot agree more with this. Counter-productive to the needs of the club it may be, especially given our P&S situation, however as a kind of 'personal protest' I've not renewed my ST. I just cannot bear to give the current chairman any more of my hard-earned money.

We're treated like absolute mugs.

Lied to - "Would you rather continue to pay the current pricing in exchange for a higher quality of player or pay cheaper prices and see the youth played?" Fizz off.

Taken for granted.

All whilst the club deem it unnecessary, for whatever reason, to engage in any sort of communication with the fan base. I don't feel connected to the club. I don't feel a part of it. And I don't feel my loyalty is rewarded in any way whatsoever.

The man is horrendously mismanaging this football club. How long are the fan base prepared to put up with it?

• Thanks 1

First year without a ST in a while as I’ve been abroad - expected to pick one back up again for next season but ended up letting it slide past the deadline.

I don’t regret it - it’s not so much about the product on the pitch, it’s the sense of drift that DC has allowed to take over the whole club. I’m sceptical as to whether I’ll buy another one while he’s in charge.

Another in the not renewed camp. Been ever present since 1992 albeit plenty of times I wished I hadn't

Last 23 years involving 4 hours driving and 260 mile round trip.

Like others that addiction has kept me going, the Del Boy this time next year we will be playing well syndrome. 

However not happy with how the Club is being run, the 10 years season ticket was almost a final straw in this. Robbing tomorrow to pay for today that far ahead. But also it's the 3.5 years of utter rubbish to watch on the pitch. 

I hate that it has come to this and those that have renewed good on you. I fully understand why you have, I have done it myself. The irony is the reduction in renewals will probably mean your loyalty is tapped for more. 

My line is that loyalty is being exploited for sod all in return

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Another in the not renewed camp. Been ever present since 1992 albeit plenty of times I wished I hadn't

Last 23 years involving 4 hours driving and 260 mile round trip.

Like others that addiction has kept me going, the Del Boy this time next year we will be playing well syndrome. 

However not happy with how the Club is being run, the 10 years season ticket was almost a final straw in this. Robbing tomorrow to pay for today that far ahead. But also it's the 3.5 years of utter rubbish to watch on the pitch. 

I hate that it has come to this and those that have renewed good on you. I fully understand why you have, I have done it myself. The irony is the reduction in renewals will probably mean your loyalty is tapped for more. 

My line is that loyalty is being exploited for sod all in return

Del Boy sums it up.

Want a 2, 3, 4 year Season Ticket, come this way? No, you don't want one, how about a nice 10 year one then, made in Romania with genuine Turkey Leather - luvly Jubbly.

Can I interest you in some imaginary balloons, how about an energy drink, a pretend Taxi Ride or a stadium built on a flood plain at a bargain price, step this way, you know it makes sense.

• Haha 2

I’ve chosen not to renew next season for the first time in about 17 years... Like many have alluded to, the only enjoyment I get out of it is seeing mates and having drinks at the pub before.

I think the realisation has come this season when watching us play and not feeling much emotion even we score/win... the longer term issues at the club have finally superseded my short term desire for results, to a point where I’ve lost interest. 

Sure, if the price was £250 - £300 I might consider it, but these days I’d rather watch midweek matches on the red button rather than trudge down to Hillsborough, and sometimes I can’t even be bothered to watch on the red button!

Finally, I think it’s fair to assume (already) that next season is not going to be a good season...

I dont like feeling this way about Wednesday but at the same I think we need space. It’s not me, it’s you. 

Edited by standerino
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, modboy said:

I've decided not to renew. 

It takes a large chunk of my disposable income and it's painful, not enjoyable.

Id be better off getting spanked once a week at city sauna :ph34r:

You need something a touch more painful

and more than once a week.

Buy the missus a collection of strap-ons!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

I resisted the temptation to renew and I’m happy with my decision.......... everything comes to an end one day. My day has come. Wonder how many more people there are like me.

Same here. I don’t trust the ‘leadership’ of the club one iota any more and doubt very much that I’ll be back as a ST holder until the ‘leadership’ has been changed. I can’t see that happening any time soon.

It will be very interesting to see what ST sales are like.

Admittedly, OT probably isn't always the best barometer, but you've got to think there will be a few thousand below what we've had for a few years.

Things are coming home to roost.