Last Season Ticket?

Just now, nilsson said:

There’s quite a few I know that aren’t going.

Could be a bit of a nightmare that game... getting stuffed live on bbc in front of a half full Hillsborough

5th Round FA Cup Tie under the light at Hillsborough v Cup holders, should be a match you would crawl over broken glass to see!!
(But I well understand the feeling)

Don't blame you one bit, it's just turned into a chore for many, my last game was the Blackburn match and I walked out before half time like many others and said to my daughter we ain't going again, it's a shame but I dont see why I should spend money to be served up absolute garbage and witness many "footballers" who clearly just thinking about what they can spend their wages on instead of actually caring about the club I support. All this whilst we dont hear a peep from the chairman unless it's to do with parting with more cash.

I was going to go to the Millwall game other week, but as we were getting ready I noticed my little lass didnt seem to have the enthusiasm she usually does of preparing for the match, usually when shes at mine she's already sorting her Wednesday shirt, hat, and hoody out on the Friday night all fresh for the day after, however when I asked her she just said "We will probably lose wont we" christ if that's what a 10 year old is thinking aswell its showing the negative impact it has on the fanbase of all generations. In the end we decided to not bother and I'm glad, instead we went to watch the Sheffield Steelers ice hockey instead, first time she had been and she loved it, much more entertaining even during the breaks between periods. We are doing exactly the same this Saturday. Not even bothered about the Reading match.

• Like 2

I've not renewed, after 40 consecutive years, never missed a home game in that time. I've had ruined relationships, turned down jobs and promotions, all in the name of being an ever-present. I got married at the ground, the year before the flood, Wednesday was everything to me.

Not now.

I am dreading Saturday, sitting in the weeing wind and rain, watching another 90 minutes of Monkball, surrounded by other poor miserable souls, who have been rinsed out of a Kings Ransom to watch Pub League performances and tactics, at Champions League prices. We finally have a guy with some money, and we get landed with a Megalomaniac with no footballing knowledge, and no intention of listening to anybody who does. He is flushing us down the toilet quicker than a Blunts fan takes to cr4p on our pitch, and we are lapping it up.

No doubt it's all the supporters fault again....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Don't blame you one bit, it's just turned into a chore for many, my last game was the Blackburn match and I walked out before half time like many others and said to my daughter we ain't going again, it's a shame but I dont see why I should spend money to be served up absolute garbage and witness many "footballers" who clearly just thinking about what they can spend their wages on instead of actually caring about the club I support. All this whilst we dont hear a peep from the chairman unless it's to do with parting with more cash.

I was going to go to the Millwall game other week, but as we were getting ready I noticed my little lass didnt seem to have the enthusiasm she usually does of preparing for the match, usually when shes at mine she's already sorting her Wednesday shirt, hat, and hoody out on the Friday night all fresh for the day after, however when I asked her she just said "We will probably lose wont we" christ if that's what a 10 year old is thinking aswell its showing the negative impact it has on the fanbase of all generations. In the end we decided to not bother and I'm glad, instead we went to watch the Sheffield Steelers ice hockey instead, first time she had been and she loved it, much more entertaining even during the breaks between periods. We are doing exactly the same this Saturday. Not even bothered about the Reading match.

She'd have been no good between 1974-76 lol

Seriously though, there's kids sat around us in the South stand not watching the game - bored and staring at their phone or disappearing to the concourses. 

42 minutes ago, Plonk said:

After 50 years I’m done. Going away next week for a few months and won’t miss it. Didn’t go last night or Saturday and didn’t miss it. Won’t be renewing for next season unless there are some serious changes. Monk is the first one through the door for me. 

Sad that it's come to this, I've done 40 years myself but I'm not going Saturday, voting with my feet even though my season ticket will probably be counted as though I'm there. 

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

5th Round FA Cup Tie under the light at Hillsborough v Cup holders, should be a match you would crawl over broken glass to see!!

It should be but I think a lot have had enough. And it’s hard to see much other than a bad defeat from the game.

I hope I’m wrong and we sell it out and put a performance in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

My three year ST ends this season. But I've not renewed before the deadline. I'm waiting till the summer to see what the EFL do to us, because I ant paying Premier league prices if we are in league one next season. 

It was very hard for me not to renew because I've been a St holder for over 30 years

Same here pal..................mirror image of my position

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

She'd have been no good between 1974-76 lol

Seriously though, there's kids sat around us in the South stand not watching the game - bored and staring at their phone or disappearing to the concourses. 

To be fair mate I've tried explaining to her I've seen us in much worse states. I remember watching us with having Danny Maddix and Ashley Westwood as our centre back pairing etc but as I've said before to others, back then you could kind of stomach it to a degree because we knew the club was crippled with the debt, bottom of the barrel signings and if we avoided relegation it was deemed a success, on top of all that the prices were reasonable. Since Chansiri has come in the whole place has seen the expectations hit sky high, and with the huge increase in prices to see so called better players, who in return are sending us home in angry and upset frame of minds, its just built up to one massive mess and now even the more patient fan is starting to get restless understandably.

2 hours ago, Steelman said:

On Monday I renewed mine and my 13 year old's season ticket. Like most who have, I've only been paid once since Christmas, and Christmas was quite expensive. I wasn't happy that it had been brought forward two months and couldn't help but feel I'd been taken advantage of, like a mug. Why had they been brought forward by a couple of months? Are we having more cash flow problems with FFP? Does the club know we've got a points deduction coming in February or March that would in all likelihood mean we get relegated to League 1? Would we start next season in the championship with a points deduction making it a write-off before a ball is kicked? All legitimate considerations that still haven't been answered.

When I'd paid for the tickets instead of excitement, optimism or even hope at another season of watching Wednesday I just felt used, taken advantage of, dirty even. And not in a good way. So why did I renew?

I think like most who have, or will at a later date, we will watch Wednesday regardless. It's about time with family and friends in the pub before and after as well as the banter that you have with the random ST holders that you sit with. People who you would never meet in real life but who you are thrown together with because of your shared love for Wednesday. Then after a few seasons they aren't strangers, they're your weekend family. It's our own little cult and it's ours. Then there's the away days. We all know how the TPP system works in relation to season tickets. I've built mine up over years to the stage I can go to any away games I want. And I go to plenty, either as lads and dads thing with friends who've also built their points up over time, and their kids, or some heavy all day benders with the lads. Both are top days out in their own ways. Notice how I haven' actually mentioned the football yet? The football is secondary to a degree and that's how "they" get you. I'm sure when asked about the match all of us will have said on at least half a dozen occasions that we've "had a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football".

It's the life of about 99.9% of football fans. I do not want to give it up and Chansiri knows that, the "club" knows that, that's why we're taken for granted that's why people will renew. That's how they get us.

But people aren't stupid. There's a point where the football becomes so bad, where the club becomes such a shambles that people walk away. So I'll pay my Premier League Prices for what's possibly a League 1 season ticket next season. Or a season where we start with a 20 point deduction where "success" will be defined by finishing 4th bottom. There's no optimism from me about the number of players out of contract and the opportunity to rebuild. This club is such a shambles and so toxic with Chansiri in charge that I don't think we'll be able to attract players. I can easily see us starting next season without enough senior pro's to make up a full matchday squad.

So enjoy my ST money SWFC and please try to spend it wisely. But also bear this in mind. You will not takethepiss out of me for another season after the next one. If you serve League 1 football at Premier League prices I'll walk. If I continue to see what I'm currently seeing I'll walk. Because there's only so far you can go with an incompetent and dishonest set-up before the fans will walk away. I will not continue to be fleeced because of blind loyalty after next season and I'm sure many of us are at that tipping point now.

#Chansisriout

I was saying a few days ago that away games in particular are a social thing for a lot of people and the football is almost secondary, obviously a win give you a better experience but some will go to meet up with people they only really see on a match basis, its sad when it comes to folk like yourself thinking of packing it all in, thats how far the club have sunk.

• Like 1

Ive not renewed.

The last season I didnt have a season ticket was when I was being sued by Dave Allen

This Chairman is so much worse than Dave Allen in terms of the business and what hes done to us - its impossible to put into words. The only thing he hasn't done is sue anybody yet.

Ive missed about 5 away games already this season, and 3 at home. Unprecedented, but I really can't watch us any more than I have to now. Watching Chansiri run Sheffield Wednesday is like watching somebody beat up your favourite Auntie. I'm not going to pay for that any more.

Guest Ferkorf

I broke in the Jos season.

I didnt renew, there was a few other factors that helped weigh up my decision like the amount of matches moved to nights by Tv that I missed..

But that season I stopped going, I couldn't bare to watch that crap anymore, the atmosphere at was horrendous.

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, Johnny Concrete said:

To be fair mate I've tried explaining to her I've seen us in much worse states. I remember watching us with having Danny Maddix and Ashley Westwood as our centre back pairing etc but as I've said before to others, back then you could kind of stomach it to a degree because we knew the club was crippled with the debt, bottom of the barrel signings and if we avoided relegation it was deemed a success, on top of all that the prices were reasonable. Since Chansiri has come in the whole place has seen the expectations hit sky high, and with the huge increase in prices to see so called better players, who in return are sending us home in angry and upset frame of minds, its just built up to one massive mess and now even the more patient fan is starting to get restless understandably.

Couldn't agree more with this.

When we were in that state It felt like we still had an atmosphere too. Like we had to back the players to support them because we knew we were awful but would get behind them every game no matter what.

This team last night would have been beaten by that team from back then.

Easily.

Sibon hat trick and Di Piedi overhead kick

18 minutes ago, torres said:

Renewing your season ticket to watch us is like being a heroin addict or an alcoholic 

It's far too expensive

You know the little high you might experience will be far outweighed by the downside 

You hate yourself for it

You become negative, insular, lose focus on real issues, lose friends and live in a bubble

You promise yourself you won't do it again

Then you renew!!

Hello,

i'm Torres

And i'm a season ticket holder 

Hi Torres.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

1 hour ago, nilsson said:

It should be but I think a lot have had enough. And it’s hard to see much other than a bad defeat from the game.

I hope I’m wrong and we sell it out and put a performance in

There's a lot of people who don't want to pay £30 for a match. The fact that its Man City who don't really have a weakened reserve team, its on the BBC and the FA Cup is almost a non event compared to pre Premier League days means we'll struggle to get any where near 20k Wednesday fans in I'd imagine. City fans might swell the numbers a bit.

I felt very guilty renewing. 35 consecutive years. Just feels like i’m supporting poor financial management, awful football and aparthy.

I need an excuse not to go, and it’s turned into a weird addiction. Just don’t look forward to it anymore, and I could reel off my 8 year olds fixtures for the next 3 months, but couldn’t tell you who Wednesday were playing after Saturday. 

We were poor for years, yet hung on, waiting for investment. We got huge investment, and have ended up with a poorer team, and a poorer stadium. 20 years later, I’ve lost the fight. CBA anymore.  

2 minutes ago, briggowl said:

There's a lot of people who don't want to pay £30 for a match. The fact that its Man City who don't really have a weakened reserve team, its on the BBC and the FA Cup is almost a non event compared to pre Premier League days means we'll struggle to get any where near 20k Wednesday fans in I'd imagine. City fans might swell the numbers a bit.

Oh yes I dont blame anyone for not going. I will be going but more out of habit then enthusiasm.

Edited by matthefish2002