Last Season Ticket?

On Monday I renewed mine and my 13 year old's season ticket. Like most who have, I've only been paid once since Christmas, and Christmas was quite expensive. I wasn't happy that it had been brought forward two months and couldn't help but feel I'd been taken advantage of, like a mug. Why had they been brought forward by a couple of months? Are we having more cash flow problems with FFP? Does the club know we've got a points deduction coming in February or March that would in all likelihood mean we get relegated to League 1? Would we start next season in the championship with a points deduction making it a write-off before a ball is kicked? All legitimate considerations that still haven't been answered.

When I'd paid for the tickets instead of excitement, optimism or even hope at another season of watching Wednesday I just felt used, taken advantage of, dirty even. And not in a good way. So why did I renew?

I think like most who have, or will at a later date, we will watch Wednesday regardless. It's about time with family and friends in the pub before and after as well as the banter that you have with the random ST holders that you sit with. People who you would never meet in real life but who you are thrown together with because of your shared love for Wednesday. Then after a few seasons they aren't strangers, they're your weekend family. It's our own little cult and it's ours. Then there's the away days. We all know how the TPP system works in relation to season tickets. I've built mine up over years to the stage I can go to any away games I want. And I go to plenty, either as lads and dads thing with friends who've also built their points up over time, and their kids, or some heavy all day benders with the lads. Both are top days out in their own ways. Notice how I haven' actually mentioned the football yet? The football is secondary to a degree and that's how "they" get you. I'm sure when asked about the match all of us will have said on at least half a dozen occasions that we've "had a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football".

It's the life of about 99.9% of football fans. I do not want to give it up and Chansiri knows that, the "club" knows that, that's why we're taken for granted that's why people will renew. That's how they get us.

But people aren't stupid. There's a point where the football becomes so bad, where the club becomes such a shambles that people walk away. So I'll pay my Premier League Prices for what's possibly a League 1 season ticket next season. Or a season where we start with a 20 point deduction where "success" will be defined by finishing 4th bottom. There's no optimism from me about the number of players out of contract and the opportunity to rebuild. This club is such a shambles and so toxic with Chansiri in charge that I don't think we'll be able to attract players. I can easily see us starting next season without enough senior pro's to make up a full matchday squad.

So enjoy my ST money SWFC and please try to spend it wisely. But also bear this in mind. You will not takethepiss out of me for another season after the next one. If you serve League 1 football at Premier League prices I'll walk. If I continue to see what I'm currently seeing I'll walk. Because there's only so far you can go with an incompetent and dishonest set-up before the fans will walk away. I will not continue to be fleeced because of blind loyalty after next season and I'm sure many of us are at that tipping point now.

#Chansisriout

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Feel you pain mate. I have decided not to renew this year, i am falling out of love with it, stupid prices, stupid early bird ticket renewal deadlines etc. I am disillusioned with it all to be fair. The main problem for me is Chansiri. I know he came along and he has sunk a lot of money into us and no doubts he has good intentions. But he has made a right royal mess of it, and i honestly cannot see how we can move forward as a club under his leadership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My three year ST ends this season. But I've not renewed before the deadline. I'm waiting till the summer to see what the EFL do to us, because I ant paying Premier league prices if we are in league one next season. 

It was very hard for me not to renew because I've been a St holder for over 30 years. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

I resisted the temptation to renew and I’m happy with my decision.......... everything comes to an end one day. My day has come. Wonder how many more people there are like me.

I've resisted renewing so far, really close to giving it up completely. Only the thought of having a beer with the lads before the game and the eternal hope (that kills you)

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

My three year ST ends this season. But I've not renewed before the deadline. I'm waiting till the summer to see what the EFL do to us, because I ant paying Premier league prices if we are in league one next season. 

It was very hard for me not to renew because I've been a St holder for over 30 years. 

And that's how bad it's become when fans like you make the decision you have. And it's completely understandable.

Hopefully things will turn out OK and you're here next season.

• Like 1

Just now, TaxiMark said:

I have no problem with taking a season out, the club are taking thepiss out of us, its about showing the club for me.

This wonderful club is being ruined by someone who knows fk all about it or Sheffield people.

I had a year out a couple of years ago. The club made no attempt to re-engage me at all. 

1 minute ago, Steelman said:

And that's how bad it's become when fans like you make the decision you have. And it's completely understandable.

Hopefully things will turn out OK and you're here next season.

We could struggle to even get 25k against Man City unless something changes between now and that game 

• Thanks 1

After 50 years I’m done. Going away next week for a few months and won’t miss it. Didn’t go last night or Saturday and didn’t miss it. Won’t be renewing for next season unless there are some serious changes. Monk is the first one through the door for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I reluctantly renewed because i'll still go just to have a laugh with my mates and don't want the hassle of booking a seat every match or losing the seat i have at the moment, but i dont have to pay until beginning of March so if things get much worse, i still might not bother. 

• Like 1

I haven't renewed my season ticket (and my 2 sons) and this season was the first time we've ever had a season ticket.

For me it's not just about the cost, but I'm struggling to find the energy to commit to a 4 hour each way trip to Hillsborough every other week when the players can't be arsed to put in a bit of effort.

My boys are a bit gutted but unless I see some change in the next few months we'll just go back to travelling up once a month and pick and choose our games around other real life commitments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nilsson said:

We could struggle to even get 25k against Man City unless something changes between now and that game 

Definitely. I’ve already said there’s no way I’m going. I begrudge every single penny I give the club/Chansiri at the minute.

40 minutes ago, Steelman said:

On Monday I renewed mine and my 13 year old's season ticket. Like most who have, I've only been paid once since Christmas, and Christmas was quite expensive. I wasn't happy that it had been brought forward two months and couldn't help but feel I'd been taken advantage of, like a mug. Why had they been brought forward by a couple of months? Are we having more cash flow problems with FFP? Does the club know we've got a points deduction coming in February or March that would in all likelihood mean we get relegated to League 1? Would we start next season in the championship with a points deduction making it a write-off before a ball is kicked? All legitimate considerations that still haven't been answered.

When I'd paid for the tickets instead of excitement, optimism or even hope at another season of watching Wednesday I just felt used, taken advantage of, dirty even. And not in a good way. So why did I renew?

I think like most who have, or will at a later date, we will watch Wednesday regardless. It's about time with family and friends in the pub before and after as well as the banter that you have with the random ST holders that you sit with. People who you would never meet in real life but who you are thrown together with because of your shared love for Wednesday. Then after a few seasons they aren't strangers, they're your weekend family. It's our own little cult and it's ours. Then there's the away days. We all know how the TPP system works in relation to season tickets. I've built mine up over years to the stage I can go to any away games I want. And I go to plenty, either as lads and dads thing with friends who've also built their points up over time, and their kids, or some heavy all day benders with the lads. Both are top days out in their own ways. Notice how I haven' actually mentioned the football yet? The football is secondary to a degree and that's how "they" get you. I'm sure when asked about the match all of us will have said on at least half a dozen occasions that we've "had a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football".

It's the life of about 99.9% of football fans. I do not want to give it up and Chansiri knows that, the "club" knows that, that's why we're taken for granted that's why people will renew. That's how they get us.

But people aren't stupid. There's a point where the football becomes so bad, where the club becomes such a shambles that people walk away. So I'll pay my Premier League Prices for what's possibly a League 1 season ticket next season. Or a season where we start with a 20 point deduction where "success" will be defined by finishing 4th bottom. There's no optimism from me about the number of players out of contract and the opportunity to rebuild. This club is such a shambles and so toxic with Chansiri in charge that I don't think we'll be able to attract players. I can easily see us starting next season without enough senior pro's to make up a full matchday squad.

So enjoy my ST money SWFC and please try to spend it wisely. But also bear this in mind. You will not takethepiss out of me for another season after the next one. If you serve League 1 football at Premier League prices I'll walk. If I continue to see what I'm currently seeing I'll walk. Because there's only so far you can go with an incompetent and dishonest set-up before the fans will walk away. I will not continue to be fleeced because of blind loyalty after next season and I'm sure many of us are at that tipping point now.

#Chansisriout

DC doesn't deserve you or the rest of our fans.

Any other club he'd be getting hounded out by now.

Edited by Mr Farrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Definitely. I’ve already said there’s no way I’m going. I begrudge every single penny I give the club/Chansiri at the minute.

There’s quite a few I know that aren’t going.

Could be a bit of a nightmare that game... getting stuffed live on bbc in front of a half full Hillsborough

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

There’s quite a few I know that aren’t going.

Could be a bit of a nightmare that game... getting stuffed live on bbc in front of a half full Hillsborough

Might not be a bad thing.

Chansiri might wake up and realise what he's done.

But I doubt it.