If any players read owlstalk.

1 minute ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Hes downed tools IMO...

He is playing like a man with no eyes but i'm not convinced he's downed tools - or any of them, they are just playing so poorly its unreal 

It was Iorfa at fault for the goal  - has he downed tools or just played poorly?

Dawson last week

Fox against Blackburn

Etc etc 

5 minutes ago, CadTheOwl said:

Too many confidence players. Need players who can stand up, shoulders back and be counted. Lacked that for years.

they are what they are though - we can't suddenly make Bannan 6ft 2, Lees able to pass 10 yards, FF into a defensive unit

So play to what they are good at.

Make it as simple as possible  - we seem to be doing the exact opposite 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, torres said:

Possible????

The bloke played the most creative player from the last 2 appearances at LEFT WING BACK!!

He is minutes away from a straight jacket and a cushioned room!!

Let's face it the two previous Managers also had bouts of insanity which led to George Boyd, and Adam Reach being played at left back. It's not like this kind of thing hasn't happened before with this set of players. 

There must be something in the water at Middlewood Road?!?

10 hours ago, torres said:

Up until last night the blame was 99.9% at their feet i thought.

But that horror show of a set up last night in my opinion has given them a get out 

Monk was trying to get a team out to win a specific game. Nothing had worked this year so he tried something different. It was the wrong formation but I'd rather he tried something different rather than keep on with failing in the same old way.

I'm no apologist for Monk or the players. Monks been here 2 minutes, I think he deserves a bit longer but to be honest he's a post filler  and I don't care one way or the other if he stays or goes. Same with the players, I'll get behind anyone wearing the shirt, if it's someone else wearing the shirt next week that's fine. The important thing is Sheffield Wednesday. In my time managers have come and gone and so have players. None of them really care for the club like we do. If someone else pays them more they will be off like a shot.

10 hours ago, torres said:

Now Monk is playing FF at left wing back and makes more changes than Madonna in a concert!!

I've just read a post accusing the manager of steadfastly refusing to change anything. Last night he was accused of only making like for like substitutions when 2 out of the 3 were not.

That's the thing with supporters. A lot of frustrated lashing out with little substance or evidence. Bullen, Westwood, Hutchinson, Bannan, Lees, Monk and Chansiri have all been called out for specific crimes with no burden of proof. If they are not the listless mercenaries many glibly claim they are, this kind of unsupported speculation is not likely to inspire them much.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

If you were a player would you read owlstalk?

Well yes I am and you would be pissedoff  if you got played at left back never having  played there before in your life

and its very unfair to booooo me, it made me cry.     :sad:

If this was the first time these players had completely gone off the boil, then I might be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

As it is, this is the third time something like this has happened and I think this is the worst in terms of a downturn for results/performances. 

There is something not right within that dressing room. Ultimately, we can only speculate, but I think it begins with certain individuals who lined up at Wembley in 2016, but that is just my opinion. 

In saying that, one cannot get away from the fact that Monk is completely out of his depth. He's lost the players and he knows it. 

Ultimately, this all comes back to the man at the top of this sh*t tip, that being Mr Chansiri. 

His refusal to appoint a DOF, invest in a proper, cohesive long-term strategy and structure is coming home to roost. 

Sadly, it increasingly looks like the Chairman's time here willy have only served to make a group of mediocre players and a bunch of parasites/hangers on very wealthy. 

7 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

Oh and I don't know about the players reading owlstalk but the club does , fact 

God help them.

Keep the manager / sack the manager.

Play Palmer / Odubajo / Iorfa / Lee / Hutchinson at right back.

Murphy / Da Cruz / Reach / Forestieri / Harris on the left.

Line up in the 5-3-2 / 4-4-2 / 4-5-1 / 4-3-3. 

Spend within your means / throw cash around like the world ends tomorrow.

Upgrade the stadium / move to a new one.

Play the under 23s / abandon the Academy altogether.

:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

God help them.

Keep the manager / sack the manager.

Play Palmer / Odubajo / Iorfa / Lee / Hutchinson at right back.

Murphy / Da Cruz / Reach / Forestieri / Harris on the left.

Line up in the 5-3-2 / 4-4-2 / 4-5-1 / 4-3-3. 

Spend within your means / throw cash around like the world ends tomorrow.

Upgrade the stadium / move to a new one.

Play the under 23s / abandon the Academy altogether.

:biggrin:

love it DJ lol 

On 13/02/2020 at 08:57, torres said:

Possible????

The bloke played the most creative player from the last 2 appearances at LEFT WING BACK!!

He is minutes away from a straight jacket and a cushioned room!!

he really is, I can't think a player less compatible for being basically in defence . if this was football manager forestieri positional icon would have turned red when put in WB

On 13/02/2020 at 10:24, Buxtongent said:

Can we mail this to EVERY player at SW? It tells everything that needs saying to the Right people.

Having watched Wednesday in their darkest days, I find it very hard, almost impossible, to think of a bigger load of two-timing, self-serving, mangy, IDLE excuses for footballers  ever to put on the Wednesday shirt. Were I Garry Monk, I would seriously consider playing the U23 team in its entirity on Sat. instead of the underperforming group of no-goods that are taking to the field at present. Win or lose, at least they would 'play for the shirt'!

Does anybody honestly think that if they turned up for work and received a message that says their time working is miniscule, they have an overinflated ego and pay packet, they totally lack commitment, they will feel the anger, they earn too much, they can't be bothered, they need to buck their ideas up and they need to either shape up or ship out, and that they are two-timing, self-serving, mangy, idle excuses, that they would suddenly start performing better? If you turn your hatred and anger onto the players they're not going to suddenly feel energised as a response.

When things are going badly, in all walks of life, humans respond far better to encouragement than to abuse. When our fans booed the team off (and drowning out the applause from the home fans too) at half time on Wednesday evening it was a pretty good way of ensuring eventual defeat.