If any players read owlstalk.

35 minutes ago, ANDY said:

To any player that can be bothered to read this. 

In the grand scheme of things your time at this club is minuscule. We, the fans have always been here. We will be here long after your overinflated ego and pay packet have gone. 

We can stand a defeat. We know we aren’t going to win every game. What we can’t comprehend is the total lack of commitment when you pull the shirt on. Fans see things as they are. If you put in a shift it will be appreciated. If you can’t be arsed this too will be noted and like v Luton you will feel the fans anger. 

You earn more in a week than most of us do in a year. Some of you are raking in your huge pay packet and aren’t even playing. You’re not injured you just can’t be bothered. This is what hurts the most. 

You need to buck your ideas up. We pay our hard earned cash to travel away and more often than not we sell out our allocation. We are paying Harrods prices for Aldi quality at Hillsborough. 

Shape up or ship out. 

there not capable of shaping up.

Sack the lot of them

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ANDY said:

To any player that can be bothered to read this. 

In the grand scheme of things your time at this club is minuscule. We, the fans have always been here. We will be here long after your overinflated ego and pay packet have gone. 

We can stand a defeat. We know we aren’t going to win every game. What we can’t comprehend is the total lack of commitment when you pull the shirt on. Fans see things as they are. If you put in a shift it will be appreciated. If you can’t be arsed this too will be noted and like v Luton you will feel the fans anger. 

You earn more in a week than most of us do in a year. Some of you are raking in your huge pay packet and aren’t even playing. You’re not injured you just can’t be bothered. This is what hurts the most. 

You need to buck your ideas up. We pay our hard earned cash to travel away and more often than not we sell out our allocation. We are paying Harrods prices for Aldi quality at Hillsborough. 

Shape up or ship out. 

brilliant, but unfortunately alongside an over inflated ego - or narcissism - comes a total lack of responsibility/accountability. They (the likes of Hutchinson and Westwood) will do their upmost to point the finger at anyone else to avoid having to break their illusion of perfection. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Up until last night the blame was 99.9% at their feet i thought.

But that horror show of a set up last night in my opinion has given them a get out 

Correct

No team capitulates like that so badly without a cause 

They’ve lost belief in manager

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Correct

No team capitulates like that so badly without a cause 

They’ve lost belief in manager

I'm not sure it's as much lost belief. more haven't a clue what they are supposed to be doing?

I said it after Saturday, the time was in consistency in selection and formation. We have options now with the January additions - build something.

What does he do? Keeps the same players apart from 1 - good . . . .but then swaps all their positions!!!

You can not keep doing it!!! 

13 minutes ago, torres said:

Up until last night the blame was 99.9% at their feet i thought.

But that horror show of a set up last night in my opinion has given them a get out 

There is no get out for them. 

They screwed over Carlos, then Jos, now Monk. 

Our midfield is spineless, and has been since the 2016 playoff final. 

Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

There is no get out for them. 

They screwed over Carlos, then Jos, now Monk. 

Our midfield is spineless, and has been since the 2016 playoff final. 

No way am i saying the players are good enough but all 3 lost the plot

Carlos spent a fortune and refused to buy anyone the squad needed!

Jos was bonkers from the offset

Now Monk is playing FF at left wing back and makes more changes than Madonna in a concert!!

• Haha 1

Unfortunately this post is simplistic whiny rubbish but if it makes some of you feel better to think this way go ahead.

Players do what's best for them and their careers. They aren't fans. Most of them do care about the club they play for and realise that they are lucky.

But they are young working class lads who are affected by the environment that they are in. And mainly that's their boss and their peers. You might think that earning more money gives them some wisdom beyond their years and life experiences. It doesnt.

Their individual attitude will not be to throw it off.  But if the whole place is under a cloud, if they are being played in systems they don't understand or don't believe in, their performance levels and confidence levels drop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, torres said:

No way am i saying the players are good enough but all 3 lost the plot

Carlos spent a fortune and refused to buy anyone the squad needed!

Jos was bonkers from the offset

Now Monk is playing FF at left wing back and makes more changes than Madonna in a concert!!

I will accept it's possible Monk has lost the plot with the players. 

It seems to have been the end of the last three managers, not knowing who the best 11 are, and swapping and changing the formation to accommodate a team without a spine. 

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I will accept it's possible Monk has lost the plot with the players. 

It seems to have been the end of the last three managers, not knowing who the best 11 are, and swapping and changing the formation to accommodate a team without a spine. 

Possible????

The bloke played the most creative player from the last 2 appearances at LEFT WING BACK!!

He is minutes away from a straight jacket and a cushioned room!!

• Haha 1