That defence

Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t we started to do badly once the central defence got shook up? The combination of Iorfa and Börner was very successful, but then Lees came back from injury and trying to shoehorn three of them into the squad hasn’t worked.

That central defence should have been strong last night but something’s changed.

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes it seems since Lees came back we have been awful. 

It’s coincided with Fletcher and Luongo being unavailable too 

True. I did look at the team sheet last night and think where’s the cover in midfield. As for losing Fletcher, he was a real plus point for the season, but we should’ve still been drawing and not losing games.

When Monk came in, first thing he did was to get our defence solid. Needs to do the same now. We have the attacking players now, but they need to build on a solid defence. Can’t always be on playing catch up - that only makes our attackers’ job harder as the opposition can park the bus.

2 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t we started to do badly once the central defence got shook up? The combination of Iorfa and Börner was very successful, but then Lees came back from injury and trying to shoehorn three of them into the squad hasn’t worked.

That central defence should have been strong last night but something’s changed.

Ive just looked into the figures.

Since Lees’ return from injury our form when he plays is no worse than when he sits out.

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

You can’t play Borner, Lees and Iorfa is a 3 at the back.

Borner and Lees looked awful and can’t play the passes needed from the back.

Monk should play 4 at back with Iorfa and Borner starting. 

Only problem with this is "Monk" should play 4 at the back....

After last night he's completely lost me. I'd rather it be someone else fielding 4 at the back.

I really dont think Lees should be near the team.

I genuinely think he's not mentally right.  Looks so much like he's really worried, suffering from severe pressure of being captain, expectations of being a leader which he really isn't and a lack of belief in him from Monk - a reluctance to include him unless he has to (in Fox's absence)

His performances are giving his teammates real issues too. 

Edited by davey_wells

Palmer injured meant we had a problem at RB that we’ve been trying to solve. Fox being injured mean we’ve still got a full back issue and it’s left as completely unbalanced.

and then we’re missing a championship level CDM due to Luongo being injured and Hutchinson being blacklisted. Pelupessy is what he is but not good enough to play week in week out as a long term option.