Bring Megson In Until The End Of The Seaon.

On 14/02/2020 at 07:28, snaykz said:

I remember when we won games under Megson, the opposition fans regularly used to moan that we didn’t play any better than them, we just bullied them into submission. What we wouldn’t give for a team like that now, rather than the weak-willed, half-hearted performances we’re currently serving up. 

I’m not suggesting Megson as a realistic candidate, but I do feel we need somebody of that ilk, a big character to instil a winning mentality, to give us a bit of a nasty edge and have opposition fans calling us bullies once again. What we have is a young manager who appears to be out of his depth and who some of the players don’t seem to respect. 

Megson gets more realistic by the day. 

Same old problems, same old Wednesday.

Seriously, people are judging Megson on the style of football we played in league one, before we could afford to blaze money up the wall on has been 

millionaire footballers.

The players lack direction of how to win football games. 

We need to start winning football games, that's all that matters. We need Megson. 

• Haha 1

I don’t suppose DC has considered that he may have to make a change, so a considered replacement seems a bit fanciful, though not as fanciful as Megson coming back. The problem is, another journeyman appointment, is unlikely to reverse our fortunes, and they don’t come much more journeyman than Megson. Don’t think any heavy handed tactics will coax a performance out of these players, rightly or wrongly, they won’t put up with it. 

On 13/02/2020 at 14:27, smhouston said:

Jesus, what is everyones obsession with Megson? His style of football is absolutely awful. Fine for L1 but anything above is a joke

I think they think that because the pigs have a fan manager then we should have one and everything will be perfect. The fact that Wilder was a good manager before he went there and he just happens to be a fan seems to pass them by. I despair. He’s more Warnock than Wilder. 

If Megson is a football managerial messiah then why haven’t Liverpool, Manchester United or Real Madrid come knocking on his door or come to think of it even Crewe, Hartlepool or Chesterfield? 

Jesus some of our fans live in the past, let’s get Big Ron back or even Trevor Francis if we want to live in the past.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Seriously, people are judging Megson on the style of football we played in league one, before we could afford to blaze money up the wall on has been 

millionaire footballers.

We need to start winning football games, that's all that matters. We need Megson. 

12 years ago this week megson was taking Bolton furthest they have ever been in Europe. They had just beaten athletico Madrid. 

7724FFD7-5446-4BFD-861D-A2CBD0832418.jpeg

Edited by owlmanc

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

If Megson is a football managerial messiah then why haven’t Liverpool, Manchester United or Real Madrid come knocking on his door or come to think of it even Crewe, Hartlepool or Chesterfield? 

Jesus some of our fans live in the past, let’s get Big Ron back or even Trevor Francis if we want to live in the past.

Neither did they come for cc, jos, bruce, monk..

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

millionaire footballers.

Like f.ook we do ,only bloke to make me leave at half time whilst still in the game (Yeovil )

Why do we keep having this poo thread 

18 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

12 years ago this week megson was taking Bolton furthest they have ever been in Europe. They had just beaten athletico Madrid. 

8 years ago yesterday he was leading us to a 0-1 home defeat to Stevenage, after getting nothing from Blackpool and Exeter, and just before losing to Chesterfield and then getting the sack.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

8 years ago yesterday he was leading us to a 0-1 home defeat to Stevenage, after getting nothing from Blackpool and Exeter, and just before losing to Chesterfield and then getting the sack.

Funny you seemed to have missed his last game in charge... how strange. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Beautiful post , may stop this crap thread re occurring