The chairman's record

9 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Completely ignoring every other point. The definition of someone with their head in the sand. 

Not at all, I replied to your original post and quite clearly stated I don't/can't disagree with any of the salient points you listed, if you hadn't have put in the Elephants, squad numbers etc, i can pretty much guarantee nobody else would have, so my head is quite clearly above the sand thanks.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

59 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Not at all, I replied to your original post and quite clearly stated I don't/can't disagree with any of the salient points you listed, if you hadn't have put in the Elephants, squad numbers etc, i can pretty much guarantee nobody else would have, so my head is quite clearly above the sand thanks.

But they were all part of the chairmans doing though .. so have to be named. Making a goalkeeper number 2 .. come on ffs

You have absolutely no idea what figure Chansiri would sell the club for, and equally no idea on what grounds he would  sell up 

This insistence he’s going nowhere and it’s like it or lump it is absolute gash,  I think he’s been more than happy to sell up previously if the fans made it clear they didn’t want him , that last disastrous fans forum for a start , I don’t think that was an empty threat and I do think there’s an element of regret that he couldn’t go through with it 

Honestly think he’s just trying to get a conclusion from the FFP case,  every chance he throws towel in when it’s decided (whichever way that goes) 

There’s a reason he only gave Monk till end of season and no back room staff, I think Chansiri gave up when Bruce left 

5 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

But they were all part of the chairmans doing though .. so have to be named. Making a goalkeeper number 2 .. come on ffs

Ok then, the two minutes silence asked for, how and why is that a criticism, I was in attendance that day, pretty much silence for the two minutes,by the thousands that were there.

What does it matter what number a goalie wears, he plays in goal. 

A bit of chintzy decor re :Elephants, bad taste yes, criticism behave.

He sponsors the club, what is/was the impact criticism wise of having SWFC changed to CHANSIRI on the North seating, don't and won't ever get it. 

9 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ok then, the two minutes silence asked for, how and why is that a criticism, I was in attendance that day, pretty much silence for the two minutes,by the thousands that were there.

What does it matter what number a goalie wears, he plays in goal. 

A bit of chintzy decor re :Elephants, bad taste yes, criticism behave.

He sponsors the club, what is/was the impact criticism wise of having SWFC changed to CHANSIRI on the North seating, don't and won't ever get it. 

And just to add, the outcry over the removal of stripes, that kit sold well, as have most since he's been here, overpriced agreed, but sold well none the less. 

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

And just to add, the outcry over the removal of stripes, that kit sold well, as have most since he's been here, overpriced agreed, but sold well none the less. 

Irrelevant mate, they won’t listen on here , only hear what they wanna hear 

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Aye let's all get a bit upset/angry over Elephants and squad numbers etc, pathetic. 

It's called red flags, which might indicate wider scale issues. Although for what it's worth, these two specifics don't bother me at all. The squad numbers was a head-scratcher, but doing things unconventionally doesn't necessarily mean they're bad (it was a bit embarrassing for the club though, as it draws the wrong kind of attention).

For me, the decision to produce the kit in-house was a massive red flag. As someone tightly involved with business development I understand what it means when an organisation lacks focus, especially for an organisation which hasn't yet found its way. As a novice football chairman, DC's focus should have been running a successful football club, not manufacturing clothing. There's a good reason clubs outsource this.

Manufacturing our own kit smacked of very poor business decision making, and I'm afraid that's the trend when it comes to DC.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

Manufacturing our own kit smacked of very poor business decision making, and I'm afraid that's the trend when it comes to DC.

So erm... how much money has the club lost on back of this poor decision ? Just out of curiosity 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So erm... how much money has the club lost on back of this poor decision ? Just out of curiosity 

Not sure that can be realistically quantified. If that project meant time and focus is taken away from other areas, it means those areas will suffer. A healthy business requires infrastructure and sound operations, without it things will fall apart. Can't put a price on that.

What you can do though, is compare net income between the Elev8 kit with how it may have looked if a brand like Puma had done the job. Take into account the operational overhead. I'm not sure how those numbers look, but it would be a good place to start if you'd like to determine if it may have been worth it (from a strictly numbers perspective).

I just didn't understand the exercise. It made matters worse when the home-brew kit was even more expensive than previous ones. I don't think that was fair to the fans... not having a kit ready in time for the season, and then charging more for it.

I should also add that there are wider commercial implications involved. Building relationships with potential sponsors (such as having them produce your kit) is vital for a football club, but it seems virtually all our "relationships" are with fictional entities.

Edited by bobness

Apologies haven’t had time to read all the excellent OP, but has it also been mentioned how we brought in that English guy from Donetsk who was credited for making them such a large brand in Ukraine? He didn’t last long either 

Those saying they want Chansiri to bring in a DOF or more help is wasting their time.  They also won’t be listened to and so wont last very long.  

We need a new owner or we will be in Groundhog Day for a long time 

19 minutes ago, bobness said:

It's called red flags, which might indicate wider scale issues. Although for what it's worth, these two specifics don't bother me at all. The squad numbers was a head-scratcher, but doing things unconventionally doesn't necessarily mean they're bad (it was a bit embarrassing for the club though, as it draws the wrong kind of attention).

For me, the decision to produce the kit in-house was a massive red flag. As someone tightly involved with business development I understand what it means when an organisation lacks focus, especially for an organisation which hasn't yet found its way. As a novice football chairman, DC's focus should have been running a successful football club, not manufacturing clothing. There's a good reason clubs outsource this.

What wrong attention was brought to the club by the squad numbers.? 

It would seem we agree at least on one thing with regards to being a bit "Meh" regarding Elephants and squad numbers but there are a few delicate darlings on here who wanna make it a big deal.......... Of all the things......... Sad. 

9 minutes ago, bobness said:

Not sure that can be realistically quantified. If that project meant time and focus is taken away from other areas, it means those areas will suffer. A healthy business requires infrastructure and sound operations, without it things will fall apart. Can't put a price on that.

What you can do though, is compare net income between the Elev8 kit with how it may have looked if a brand like Puma had done the job. Take into account the operational overhead. I'm not sure how those numbers look, but it would be a good place to start if you'd like to determine if it may have been worth it (from a strictly numbers perspective).

I just didn't understand the exercise. It made matters worse when the home-brew kit was even more expensive than previous ones. I don't think that was fair to the fans... not having a kit ready in time for the season, and then charging more for it.

I should also add that there are wider commercial implications involved. Building relationships with potential sponsors (such as having them produce your kit) is vital for a football club, but it seems virtually all our "relationships" are with fictional entities.

I’ll be honest I don’t have a clue what the figures are , I assumed when you said it was a failure you were implying the club didn’t make as much profit as they would’ve done with a branded shirt 

Not too sure why football club is a ‘healthy’ business 

Price and Supply issues of elev8 kit were a sham 

Building relations with potential sponsors ? Hmm, that’s all well and good and I know where your coming from BUT the chairman has done what he’s done with the sponsoring because he can put more money into it than anyone outside is willing to pay, obviously trying (and failing) to get around FFP rules is at the heart of this, do I like it ? No not particularly, but I see why the owner took that route