Interview

Put whoever you want in his position and you’d get that interview after 20 games. The squad is rotten to the core with no interest in advancing the club or themselves. It’s a team where 90% are on the biggest payday their mediocre careers will ever see. 

Klopp would look that despondent after the 6 months of crap Monk has dealt with. 

1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

I’m not sure everyone is being disrespectful. Something is very wrong and our performances are severely lacking. It is clearly evident by the team’s performances of late and blindingly obvious slide down the table. 

So yes, true colours are being shown and I for one and quite happy to express my opinion.

Monks, reaction in that interview demonstrated a lack of assertiveness and leadership. What is behind it I couldn’t state but there is something amiss at S6.

It comes from the top for me. And, the players know it.

Monk is just a patsy. Another Jos for me.

Change by all means - but complete change.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Which ones? look at the last two interviews and tell me he cares, he couldnt care less, 

Honestly he looked broken in that interview...like he'd tried most things and come up with nothing.

Like a man who knew he was going to get the chop.

And people can boil this down to calling him a d@ckhead.  I'd expect that from dem superbladesmen.

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I can’t particularly blame Monk.

Sacking him without leadership and direction from above,  is just knee jerk and pointless.

Its just shuffling the deck chairs.

I can blame monk quite happily - when you play your star man in FF at bloody left wing back - you deserve all the stick you are going to get , Absolutley baffling 

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

If the players have given up, when we were sitting 3rd in the league, it's the players we should be directing our frustration at... 

I think people forget where we were before this run started. Yes we were never world beaters but we were well placed before the holiday period, god only knowa what happened then.....

Set the manager and his tactics to one side for a moment because our performances are so bad, even if you sent 11 players out with no tactics you'd expect more, certainly on the effort front alone.

This league is probably the most open it's been since DC took over and somehow we are at our absolute weakest in every sense. Heartbreaking we are going backwards so quickly.

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

Honestly he looked broken in that interview...like he'd tried most things and come up with nothing.

Like a man who knew he was going to get the chop.

And people can boil this down to calling him a d@ckhead.  I'd expect that from dem superbladesmen.

Yes, yes, point made. To some he’ll be viewed as a tailface. But rightly or wrongly the debate is here and I suspect reaching the point of no return for Monk.

Whether it not he’s lost the dressing room who can say but the fan base is exercising its right of reply and it is not pretty.

The writing is on the wall - primed, painted, glossed and water sealed.

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Put whoever you want in his position and you’d get that interview after 20 games. The squad is rotten to the core with no interest in advancing the club or themselves. It’s a team where 90% are on the biggest payday their mediocre careers will ever see. 

Klopp would look that despondent after the 6 months of crap Monk has dealt with. 

If you were to put the squads of Luton, Barnsley and us together and have a random manager pick a team most of the players in that squad would be ours. In the past few days we have looked inept against two teams that will likely be relegated and our manager has took to playing an attacker, who has never been known for his positional discipline, at wing back. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If you were to put the squads of Luton, Barnsley and us together and have a random manager pick a team most of the players in that squad would be ours. In the past few days we have looked inept against two teams that will likely be relegated and our manager has took to playing an attacker, who has never been known for his positional discipline, at wing back. 

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when I saw doom’s tweet

Just now, 2roland2 said:

i didnt see that comment until after, yep no need for that, as for trying most things i disagree, hes stuck to the same gameplan, and when it stoped working he continued, this might sound harsh but thats stupidity. if you see things arent working and you dont get results and you continue doing the same things, you get what you deserve.

I was going to start a thread but I haven't got the time or enthusiasm for it.  Too many changes and experiments since Fletch , amongst others injured and coming back slowly.  He's tried at least 3 or 4 formations since Fletcher was injured.  He's thrown all the loanees in at once and it really does look like the players don't know each other.  And Wickham looks like he could be going the same way as Rhodes and I bet it's in the loan agreement he plays every match.

Wow, Monk sounds like he’d rather be dodging bullets from the Taliban than managing these pathetic excuse for footballers!

Always been happy to give him a pre-season and a chance to change the squad, but he genuinely sounds like he wants to be anywhere but here between now and May...

Can’t wait for the last third of the season! Bet the loanees are delighted to have come to this toxic environment.

15 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I can’t particularly blame Monk.

Sacking him without leadership and direction from above,  is just knee jerk and pointless.

Its just shuffling the deck chairs.

voice of reason again Paul ,;)

He had no answer to 66 goals conceded by Luton and we forced them into 1 save. He knows 3 forwards are now his signings so can't hide. Put him out of his misery DC.

Rather have a clueless continental manager again provided he is attack minded.

I also don’t think a manager puts out that formation tonight and tells them to play the way they did.

He’s backed them from a lack of confidence point of view tonight. Played all our creative options and put them in a system where they can express themselves. The FF at wing back debate was largely just defensive shape, and he was more than likely given the freedom to go wherever he wanted down that left side when we had the ball, with Palmer tucking in on the opposite side. 

It’s the players that have then reverted to going long and playing within themselves. Monk can’t do a great deal to stop a lot of what’s wrong in this squad without overhauling it. It’s deep set in their mentality to down tools when the going gets tough, it has been for years! 

Monk looks like he’s at the point where he’s offered them literally everything a manager can offer. He’s brought new faces in and flexed his systems to suit individuals. He’s even sacrificed elements of our game defensively that he’d busted his b*llocks on at the start to try and find goals in the team. 

I don’t think anyone could do any better

• Thanks 1