Carlos

They was our best years but he undertrained the players and it started to show towards the end 

Carlos always gets off to a flyer then his second seasons are bad he actually got away with it second season but cone year three that first season was a distant memory 

that said nobody has achieved it again since and he was likeable 

Maybe if we had a DOF to help with the structure 

The players decided they didn’t want to play for Carlos any more, probably after the appalling tactics in the second play offs.  They shamed us against the pigs. Then they played for Bully. Didn’t like Jos at all so didn’t play. Liked Bruce at first but started to go off him. Played for Bully, then played a bit for Monk before deciding not to bother. It ain’t the manager. It’s the players But let’s not think everything was rosy under Carlos - he was the architect of his own downfall to some degree 

If a serial failure is the best we can do we really will have lost the plot. Did he acheive anything before he came here? Did he acheive anything here? Has he acheived anything since he left?

He's always going to fail, he loses his bottle when success is near. Play safe, don't take chances and you lose.

56 minutes ago, Mobley said:

The players decided they didn’t want to play for Carlos any more, probably after the appalling tactics in the second play offs.  They shamed us against the pigs. Then they played for Bully. Didn’t like Jos at all so didn’t play. Liked Bruce at first but started to go off him. Played for Bully, then played a bit for Monk before deciding not to bother. It ain’t the manager. It’s the players But let’s not think everything was rosy under Carlos - he was the architect of his own downfall to some degree 

Played for Bully???

If that performance at home to Burton Albion is classed as playing for a manager, then I'll buy the ticket to league one 

On 13/02/2020 at 15:45, Hack-Abusi said:

Whats wrong with that??? Are you taking the mick??

Look at the state of the club now because of "going for it", especially in that Huddersfield semi debacle. Absolutely flunked it. We are now suffering. Embargo's, selling our own ground to ourselves to fudge the figures. Penniless. Threats of points deductions. Over inflated contracts. Players the wrong side of 30 brought in on mega wages with no resale value. poor produce on the pitch, champagne prices for car boot  entertainment. Its an absolute mess.

I'm not running through all the other fiasco's that the chairman has ruled over neither but we are in a mess and these 2 stooges have played a big part of it .. we haven't got a pot to píss in because of the extravagant overspending ... a £40m warchest in 2 and a half seasons. Good grief. Since we've probably spent about £1-2m on players ...

We had an opportunity here to take DC's money and turn us in to a fighting force in this league and beyond .. instead we are in a similar if not worse position then before DC's reign and CC's

***The first season i agree was great. So entertaining. Something we'd not seen for years! Magical games. Then it all started going south in the 2nd season .. the 3rd, less said the better

Im not saying we are in a great position at moment,not at all,but they had a go.....Lol,we were going into admin b4 MM then DC took over....

Look at the state of it now???eh...

Look at it b4 m8,like i say short memories on here,utter madness...

UTO

On 13/02/2020 at 21:40, katie melua said:

Played for Bully???

If that performance at home to Burton Albion is classed as playing for a manager, then I'll buy the ticket to league one 

Forgot about that one. Makes it even worse!

On 13/02/2020 at 19:40, Markowski77 said:

In all fairness I thought he nailed the game plan at Huddersfield , at the time they’d lost very few there and were strong at home. Taking a 0-0 draw there and bringing them to Hillsborough was a good plan I thought , everyone thought so on the day

but it didn’t work out that way unfortunately 

I was bloody livid after that first leg. The boxer went into the ring and spent ten rounds prancing round like a fairy, grabbing his opponent and didn't even try to land a punch. Utter cowardice of the situation. The second leg was a bit more progressive, but not much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1