Carlos

Money was spent, but of those spending money, we actually did it on the cheap. That wasn’t the problem though, season one recruitment was, by and large good, after that, the money was wasted. As others have said, Carlos worked with what he was given, good or bad, and achieved two play off places  Can that be considered a success? Not if your definition was promotion or nothing. That means there are an awful lot of failures out there

Edited by gurujuan

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Money was spent, but of those spending money, we actually did it on the cheap. That wasn’t the problem though, season one recruitment was, by and large good, after that, the money was wasted. As others have said, Carlos worked with what he was given, good or bad, and achieved two play off places  Can that be considered a success? Not if your definition was promotion or nothing. That means there are an awful lot of failures out there

With the money spent and the ticket prices promotion was expected, if not in the first then the definitely the one after.

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

They contributed 2 of the best seasons in last 20 years,hands down,so close,why do people not see the kak of the last 20 years???,short memories or what.if you have been happier with other 18 years then wow,at least we had a go......dont get peoples logic of slating Carlos and DC in 1st 2 seasons.They went for it..Whats wrong with that????...

Whats wrong with that??? Are you taking the mick??

Look at the state of the club now because of "going for it", especially in that Huddersfield semi debacle. Absolutely flunked it. We are now suffering. Embargo's, selling our own ground to ourselves to fudge the figures. Penniless. Threats of points deductions. Over inflated contracts. Players the wrong side of 30 brought in on mega wages with no resale value. poor produce on the pitch, champagne prices for car boot  entertainment. Its an absolute mess.

I'm not running through all the other fiasco's that the chairman has ruled over neither but we are in a mess and these 2 stooges have played a big part of it .. we haven't got a pot to píss in because of the extravagant overspending ... a £40m warchest in 2 and a half seasons. Good grief. Since we've probably spent about £1-2m on players ...

We had an opportunity here to take DC's money and turn us in to a fighting force in this league and beyond .. instead we are in a similar if not worse position then before DC's reign and CC's

***The first season i agree was great. So entertaining. Something we'd not seen for years! Magical games. Then it all started going south in the 2nd season .. the 3rd, less said the better

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

He got us to Wembley on a shoestring. 

A shoestring that cost the best part of £15m and then free signings like Bannan, Wallace, Sougou and loanees like Pudil. Turner and Lopez.

I bet the likes of Jos, Bruce and Monk would love a "shoestring" budget of £15m-£20m ....

Edited by Hack-Abusi

7 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

Would love those who are suggesting he was a key part of our downfall to explain their position. He was a head coach, he will have identified positions needed to strengthen the team and DC and his dodgy mates upstairs will have done the rest. No coach is ever gonna turn down players or refuse to use the resources available, we’d have signed the same 5hite with any manager cos he had nothing to do with it except coaching them. Best manager we’ve had in 20 years and closest we’ll get to goin up in a long time way things are going. People framing first season as a failure make me laugh we were meant to finish mid table. 

100% - I just dont get some peoples views on that period, 3rd season we dropped off - as I said earlier, the signings were not down to Carlos as far as I am aware.

He didn't get us to the Premiership but that doesn't make him (or the players) failures, they just failed at the final step to get into the Premiership.

Best football for decades

Best league positions for decades

Best atmosphere at Hillsborough for decades

If we could find another "failure" to do that again I would be more than happy.

Edited by Spookone

18 hours ago, OwlsAce said:

Would you have him back. Its a yes from me

It's not April yet.

For Gods sake do not bring that numpty back It's because of him we are in the mess ae are.

Who was it that said we do not need big players in midfield, we had the smallest midfield in the league, they got sussed, and he did nothing to change it.

Edited by adelphi1867

36 minutes ago, Spookone said:

100% - I just dont get some peoples views on that period, 3rd season we dropped off - as I said earlier, the signings were not down to Carlos as far as I am aware.

He didn't get us to the Premiership but that doesn't make him (or the players) failures, they just failed at the final step to get into the Premiership.

Best football for decades

Best league positions for decades

Best atmosphere at Hillsborough for decades

If we could find another "failure" to do that again I would be more than happy.

So its whoever's signed the players that should take the credit ?

Or are you saying it was down to the managers coaching ?

36 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's not April yet.

For Gods sake do not bring that numpty back It's because of him we are in the mess ae are.

Who was it that said we do not need big players in midfield, we had the smallest midfield in the league, they got sussed, and he did nothing to change it.

Though Hutchinson is a six footer, but yes we did need more of a presence there, and pace up front

13 minutes ago, the monk said:

I guess, when you have a committee, or advisors, who are responsible for recruitment, that’s the way it is. Carlos just got on with things and adapted his way of playing to suit the players he had None of our other managers have been able to do that, mainly they are not very good tactically. 

16 hours ago, The Horse said:

Carlos and his players FAILED to win at Wembley.

Carlos and his players FAILED to beat Huddersfield in the semis.

Carlos and his players FAILED to take the pigs game seriously and embarrassed us all.

We need winners back in at this club.

And that certainly ain't Carlos.

It ain't Monk.

Or this group of players who are taking the wee wee.

fizz knows how we go forwards or with whom but it's not what we had before or even what we have right now.

I'm at a complete loss. We're fooked at the moment.

But to get there in the first place CARLOS and his players had to achieve something right? It's a tough league? Why is it taking Leeds so long to get out? Etc.... The fact is it's our best achievement in some years making Wembley regardless of (as you say) failing. He would have got it right in the end IMO.

44 minutes ago, deano said:

Huddersfield got promoted and retained prem status the following season. We lost on penalties, hardly an embarrassment. 

The way we played against Huddersfield was a flipping embarassment, especially in the away leg when we went to defend for 90 minutes.

He should never have been given a new contract after that shitshow. A flipping charlatan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

The way we played against Huddersfield was a flipping embarassment, especially in the away leg when we went to defend for 90 minutes.

He should never have been given a new contract after that shitshow. A flipping charlatan.

No, if he was going to replace Carlos, he should have done it with someone who could take us one step further Instead, he appointed the likes of Jos, Bruce and Monk.

1 hour ago, the monk said:

It’s not complicated, CC managed the players he was “given” into a team which played the best football, finished 2 seasons running in the playoffs and helped create the best atmosphere we have for decades.

As I said if we manage to find another “failure” who can do that, I’m a happy fan.

1 hour ago, Loxley Owl said:

In all fairness I thought he nailed the game plan at Huddersfield , at the time they’d lost very few there and were strong at home. Taking a 0-0 draw there and bringing them to Hillsborough was a good plan I thought , everyone thought so on the day

but it didn’t work out that way unfortunately