Carlos

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont blame Carlos for the transfer policy and yes he must take a lot of credit for his enjoyable first season.
But I do think we are still suffering from his legacy of over indulging players in training and letting players have too much power.

I suppose the point is, if that is the case, it actually worked. The players were happy, and for the most part, turned in the performances

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

We dont need a manager for the rest of the season we need a manager already planning for next season otherwise we are just kicking the can down the road and will end up in a worse position in the summer. All CC coaching was about the short term of the next 3 or 4 games at most.

Are you sure, this seems like relegation form right now Taking your eye of the ball because you are planning for next season, could have disastrous consequences 

Lol.....

The thing is no one wants the job,thats why we ended up with Monk....

You all think we are a magnet for as most of you say"A BIG NAME MANAGER" get real,we'd be lucky to get Carlos back imo,prob end up with Pulis or a been out of the game for ages manager desperate for a job....Think we have to get real,all of us..Iys a joke...

We should have gone all out for Pearson if you ask me,no nonsense manager with connection to WEDNESDAY....

Only other manager with massive nads like that who would k ock some heads together and take no poo poo is Di Canio...God help us....UTO 

34 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Would love those who are suggesting he was a key part of our downfall to explain their position. He was a head coach, he will have identified positions needed to strengthen the team and DC and his dodgy mates upstairs will have done the rest. No coach is ever gonna turn down players or refuse to use the resources available, we’d have signed the same 5hite with any manager cos he had nothing to do with it except coaching them. Best manager we’ve had in 20 years and closest we’ll get to goin up in a long time way things are going. People framing first season as a failure make me laugh we were meant to finish mid table. 

This........Totally agree

UTO

Wednesday we're always a good 2nd half team under CC, so I don't get why some think the players were unfit.  His late substitutions often turned games for us.

Watching us at Luton last night was like watching a cup game between a decent LGE one side (which Luton will probably be next season) and a poor LGE one side(us).   No system, no fight, no strength. Luton first to every loose ball.   

At least under Carlos, we passed the ball about and played confidently.

As others have said, he didn't negotiate transfer fees or decide wages. Our financial situation isn't his fault.  

I wouldn't want him back though because it rarely works out.  

Guest The Horse
1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

Let me explain something as gently as I can to you. To lose in two play offs, you have to reach the play off. Carvalhal got us into the play offs, twice. 

In the 17-18 season it fell apart, though to single out the Sheff U game is weird.

No-one remembers the runners up in any competition.

Except for Jimmy White.

The perennial loser.

Getting to the play-offs and losing is not an achievement as at the end of it, we start back in the Championship on zero points with everyone else.

Winning is everything.

I don't think singling out the United game is weird either.

It was an absolute disgrace and insult that anyone who has to live in Sheffield is still having to live with.

It pretty much nailed his self made coffin in on himself with that game.

And this free flowing football everyone is seeing through rose tinted specs only materialised in second halves of his first season.

Complaints at the time were of slow starts and 'why do we only play in the second half?'

His second season was ugly, turgid stuff after he saw Burnley grind their way to promotion.

Again, he failed.

This thread is a tinted, nostalgic view of a proven loser and failure. 

I get that we're all angry and emotional right now but Carlos is not the answer.

But the trouble is, I don't think any of us know what the answer is out of this.

It's all bobbar.

12 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Yeah that shocking we were in play offs twice.

Which we bottled twice. He spent more money than any other manager in our history couldn’t get the job done and gave us our worst home defeat to our bitter rivals 

12 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Yeah that shocking we were in play offs twice.

First play off granted. Was exciting getting there..

Second, limped over with some awful games during the season only rescued by dramatic goals and teams around us bottling it ..

The capitulation in the Huddersfield game and the season after AND now the subsequent fall out should be giving you reminders of what Carlos and DC as a pair have contributed to ... a stagnant, shambolic, chaotic, disorganized and mismanaged club

17 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

First play off granted. Was exciting getting there..

Second, limped over with some awful games during the season only rescued by dramatic goals and teams around us bottling it ..

The capitulation in the Huddersfield game and the season after AND now the subsequent fall out should be giving you reminders of what Carlos and DC as a pair have contributed to ... a stagnant, shambolic, chaotic, disorganized and mismanaged club

They contributed 2 of the best seasons in last 20 years,hands down,so close,why do people not see the kak of the last 20 years???,short memories or what.if you have been happier with other 18 years then wow,at least we had a go......dont get peoples logic of slating Carlos and DC in 1st 2 seasons.They went for it..Whats wrong with that????...