Carlos

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Whatever your position, he took us closer to the Premiership (twice) than any manager we’ve had for a very, very long time and had us playing the best football.

You do remember the play-off semi against Huddersfield?

Yes, we reached 2 play-offs. And we've been suffering from the hangover ever since.

7 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Yes, we reached 2 play-offs. And we've been suffering from the hangover ever since.

What were we suffering from previously, and wouldn’t we take the play offs right now

Edited by gurujuan

8 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Been saying this for ages, worst hangover of my life.

With the current players, only a Manager of Bruce persona could deal with these charlatans. Monk doesn't look strong enough and, to me, seems to have lost the plot.

Just now, kingsidney said:

Carlos couldn’t cut it with all the resources available at the time. 
 Why in hell would anyone think he could make it work without a pot to p1ss in. 

He works with whatever he’s given, just devises tactics to suit, unlike others who just bleat on about clearouts

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He works with whatever he’s given, just devises tactics to suit, unlike others who just bleat on about clearouts

That 2nd season under Carlos when we played the shittest football and went out of the play offs without even a fight.

That 3rd season under Carlos when he lost the plot and the players stopped playing for him and the pigs completely embarrassed us in our own ground. 

Great memories. 

I'm sure he could take us up again with no money and a complete squad rebuild. Considering the guy never manages for more than 2 seasons I bet he hasn't got a clue how to work the free agent and loan market to sign us 10+ new players as part of a long term strategy. Itd be an absolute disaster. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

What the club needs is a Manager / Head Coach who is a team builder and I think its fair to say that isn't Carlos Carvahauls strength so its a no from me.

On recent displays, we need somebody with tactical nous, to turn things around in the short term 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Like I said yesterday. 

Half our fanbase live in the past. 

They want managers back that failed. Players back that failed. Wtf is with this obsession? It isn't the 90s anymore. Look forward ffs. 

I don’t say he would be my choice, but our record since he left, both in terms of appointments, and results, leaves a lot to be desired. Jos, Bruce, and now Monk FFS

Would love those who are suggesting he was a key part of our downfall to explain their position. He was a head coach, he will have identified positions needed to strengthen the team and DC and his dodgy mates upstairs will have done the rest. No coach is ever gonna turn down players or refuse to use the resources available, we’d have signed the same 5hite with any manager cos he had nothing to do with it except coaching them. Best manager we’ve had in 20 years and closest we’ll get to goin up in a long time way things are going. People framing first season as a failure make me laugh we were meant to finish mid table. 

3 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Would love those who are suggesting he was a key part of our downfall to explain their position. He was a head coach, he will have identified positions needed to strengthen the team and DC and his dodgy mates upstairs will have done the rest. No coach is ever gonna turn down players or refuse to use the resources available, we’d have signed the same 5hite with any manager cos he had nothing to do with it except coaching them. Best manager we’ve had in 20 years and closest we’ll get to goin up in a long time way things are going. People framing first season as a failure make me laugh we were meant to finish mid table. 

I think some of our fans genuinely think he was responsible for transfer strategy. You might say surely not, how could anyone think that. But you look at so. W of the posts on here and, yes, that seems to be so. 

18 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

I dont blame Carlos for the transfer policy and yes he must take a lot of credit for his enjoyable first season.
But I do think we are still suffering from his legacy of over indulging players in training and letting players have too much power.

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

On recent displays, we need somebody with tactical nous, to turn things around in the short term 

We dont need a manager for the rest of the season we need a manager already planning for next season otherwise we are just kicking the can down the road and will end up in a worse position in the summer. All CC coaching was about the short term of the next 3 or 4 games at most.