Carlos

41 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

We were shocking when he was there

Ive had my season ticket since the late 90s so thats all I can go by but in that time period the best football I can recall watching was under Carlos..

In that time since our relegation from the Premier League he also had the best overall final results in a Championship season achieving the playoffs twice ..how many full seasons did he have as manager?

People talk about short memories and how he is the reason we are in this current mess but really hasn't everyone involved from top to bottom over the last 5 years played a part in our demise? Its not solely his fault as its made out to be by some. Its very easily dismissed and forgotten how well we played at times in his first two seasons and how positive his influence was on our club in general at the time ..on another day things could have been so different. 

Yes I would give him another chance.

Edited by MASSIVE_WEDNESDAY

47 minutes ago, OwlsAce said:

Would you have him back. Its a yes from me

I would rather have 11 professional footballers on the pitch, instead if the wage stealing amateurs we have now. No point changing managers, what happens next time players think oh don't fancy this one let's not try again and again etc etc.

7 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Yeah that shocking we were in play offs twice.

In retrospect, they were the 'good old days'. Might look even better when Monk takes us down. Noticeable all the religiophiles seem to have nothing to say tonight.  What is there to say after that shambles and the interview that followed. Monk is bereft of ideas and enthusiasm. Every player knows that he does not know what he is doing. It must be difficult to play under Monk. Who takes him seriously?

Guest The Horse

Carlos and his players FAILED to win at Wembley.

Carlos and his players FAILED to beat Huddersfield in the semis.

Carlos and his players FAILED to take the pigs game seriously and embarrassed us all.

We need winners back in at this club.

And that certainly ain't Carlos.

It ain't Monk.

Or this group of players who are taking the wee wee.

fizz knows how we go forwards or with whom but it's not what we had before or even what we have right now.

I'm at a complete loss. We're fooked at the moment.

6 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

We were in free fall towards League One under Carlos. And he had plenty of time and tons of money.

Lets not be f00kin stupid. 

When he was sacked, I’d suggest we were on less of a bad run than we’re are now and were under Jos. 

7 hours ago, The Horse said:

Carlos and his players FAILED to take the pigs game seriously and embarrassed us all.

It ain't Monk.

fizz knows how we go forwards or with whom but it's not what we had before or even what we have right now.

Let me explain something as gently as I can to you. To lose in two play offs, you have to reach the play off. Carvalhal got us into the play offs, twice. 

In the 17-18 season it fell apart, though to single out the Sheff U game is weird. The lame home performances in Nov and Dec are where the prosecution ought to look.

Anyway. All told, not a bad record. I am sure there are better alternatives. There are also worse ones, one of the worst of who is, sadly for us, the incumbemt

6 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

We were shocking when he was here.

He has to take a big share of responsibility for our current woes. It's a "No" from me.

So shocking, we reached two consecutive play offs, something nobody else has looked likely to achieve

7 hours ago, The Horse said:

It ain't Monk.

Whatever your position, he took us closer to the Premiership (twice) than any manager we’ve had for a very, very long time and had us playing the best football.

Im also not sure how much say he had in bringing in some of the players.