Cant keep saying sack him

21 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If, as it appears, most of the out of contract players have worked out that they won't be here next season, why would they suddenly start playing for a new manager for the last three months of the season?

Professional pride, a winning mentality, to attract another club

or all three of the above!

I'm ambivalent about Monk. I genuinely don't think he's the biggest problem, nor do I think sacking him will solve our issues. 

My concern is who we replace him with. We had no clue what to do when Bruce left, took an age to make an appointment and hardly had stellar managers jumping at the opportunity. 

EFL charges pending, players lacking commitment who have hung successive managers out to dry and in freefall. Are we an attractive prospect for good,  available  managers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

You can't keep saying MaSs ClEaRaRhT either 

It's a myth that we've kept the same 'stale' team, for years. Look at the Play Off team & compare to this 

Aside, from all that. The rushed gEt It FoRhEaD approach, seems to be our main promble atm 

Its no myth. Of the 100 longest serving championship players 11 of them are ours. All on big contracts with comfy lives and a history of failing. Tell me which other club still holds faith in players that have been their for up to 7 years and have continuously achieved nothing. Of course we are stale. 

As it stands now, I'd actually prefer Bullen in charge than Monk.

I just dont have the confidence that Monk can convince these players to turn the season around and not continue to drop even further.

We can't be so reliant on Fletcher to the point where our season utterly collapses.

We cant rely on trusting a manager who inexplicably plays FF as a left wing back - it beggars belief.

Yes - the players are absolutely shocking - tonight was a horror show on top of FAR too many similar ones beforehand - Lees, Bannan and even Wickham had as poor a game as I've seen ANYONE play in a long time and the rest were barely better - but they aren't as bad as they're currently showing and that's where the manager comes in.

It just hasn't worked out. It was a slightly odd appointment, even though I was pretty sure myself he might be a good catch up until last week, but very suddenly the whole has turned very sour and I think Monk has cornered himself.

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its no myth. Of the 100 longest serving championship players 11 of them are ours. All on big contracts with comfy lives and a history of failing. Tell me which other club still holds faith in players that have been their for up to 7 years and have continuously achieved nothing. Of course we are stale. 

Yeah. We're still carrying squad baggage 

But our team has changed

2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Yes the tactics are a shambles 

But let's face it we cant keep sacking them because regardless we will have the same players. I do believe a mass clear out in summer will solve alot of the issues of having overrated uncaring players on the pitch. Can only judge monk properly once he has his so called choice over the summer and keep and buy players he wants. End of day realistically we aren't going up for a few seasons now let us build again

Alot of our impatience is down to utd doing well in premature. We need to all get our heads out of clouds now 

Even he knows he should be sacked mate. Listen to his interview. Players clearly wont play for him.

He's chucking it in my opinion by putting stupid team selections out with zero chance of players being able to play.

2 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Honestly, I'd rather g back to Bullen than have Monk. Or Hughton. Still say we should have gone all out for the Cowleys instead of Monk though.

I'm glad we didn't get the cowley brothers actually,just don't think they are what we needed then,comparing records from monk and Cowley's first game,monk has gained 32 since the 12 we were on after winning at Huddersfield,The cowleys have gained 34 from the the 1 they had after that game,just my two penneth like.

Living in Australia I only get to see around a game or two a month live on the tv and then for every other match I just watch packaged highlights. So you can take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Sacking the manager is the easy thing to do - you get a new guy in and more often than not you get an instant reaction which normally translates into better results in the short term. It doesn't fix the long term problems and the players again feel like they are justified once the manager has been removed. I would prefer we stick with Monk and work our way out of this mire. However I have a feeling the players are not interested in that.

We have dismissed Carlos and Jos with the current squad. Monk is already under enormous pressure despite doing reasonably well early days. Bullen couldn't make it work twice as part time manager and Bruce who seemed to have every thing working well, jumped at the first chance he was offered! All this with the pretty much the same squad of players. Players who were capable of taking us into the playoffs and when playing to the best of their ability a top 6/8 side.

The problems are clearly deep rooted - some of the players seem happy to put in a shift for a period then seem to lose interest by December. Thats two managers who have come to the same opinion about Westwood and Hutchinson. I don't know what's happening on the training track and in the rooms but for a team to be up one week and then diabolical 6/7 days later suggests something is very wrong.

Bannan played some excellent games early in the season - but he looks completely disinterested now. It's a shame Luongo got injured because when he plays we look a much better side and the results seem to be better.

Losing Fletcher has been a massive blow as we expected - we just don't have decent strikers other than him. The club has failed big time by offering long contracts to players like Rhodes who have done nothing and won't move because they are on big money with us. 

If we get offered anything half decent for someone like Iorfa we need to sell. Start acting like a proper Football club, no more allowing the players and agents holding this club to ransom. No more long term contracts - it entices players to become very comfortable without doing the hard yards. 2/3 year contracts should be the maximum. Keep them on their toes.

Sacking Monk won't fix the internal mess that Wednesday is and has been for sometime. 

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No no we really don't. The players are the problem, they all need to leave. Need to rip the whole squad out and start again.

If we want Monk to manage us next year then fine. But if we dont then get shut now and swap, let whoever is gonna be in charge get a proper look and chance to build his own squad instead of relying on overpaid, no effort halfwits who have failed us every game since Wembley.

Which players do you mean? Because the starting team tonight featured 4 players from our playoff team. Of those 4, Lee and Lees have barely featured this season. 3 of the 11 are new loan players. 

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, Minton said:

Which players do you mean? Because the starting team tonight featured 4 players from our playoff team. Of those 4, Lee and Lees have barely featured this season. 3 of the 11 are new loan players. 

True...

Its what people post on here when they can't think of anything else to blame it on 

What a mess.

GM may be a problem, I don't think he's the cause, that lies firmly with the players.

He is certainly adding fuel to the fire by washing the changing rooms dirty laundry in public though, that I don't like, he should stfu.

The last time this happened imo it was called an injury crisis where so many players were getting injured during training, again player power at play.

Given time Bruce would have had to face this also, as would any new manager coming in.

17 minutes ago, CANbus_nz said:

What a mess.

GM may be a problem, I don't think he's the cause, that lies firmly with the OWNER.

He is certainly adding fuel to the fire by washing the changing rooms dirty laundry in public though, that I don't like, he should stfu.

The last time this happened imo it was called an injury crisis where so many players were getting injured during training, again player power at play.

Given time Chansiri will take this club under.

Fixed it for you.