Monk Out / In

Monk Out / Monk In  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Monk Out / In

• Monk Out
    • Monk In

I,ve been supportive of him up to now mainly because I don’t agree with changing manager every few months.

The performance last night had me changing my mind. To play a system he hasn’t tried before and the players chosen clearly weren’t ready for was inexcusable.

Two games against the bottom clubs this week was the ideal time to put a stop to a bad run of form, but he blew it by tinkering with tactics and team selection. Don’t see how he can recover from this now so after watching that it’s best to go for a stop gap manager to end of season. 

Question is who? Well you never know who might be interested until you look but the likes of Megson and Carlos could hardly do worse. At least they had a certain way of playing that they adhered to.

5 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I voted to keep him, but right now i wouldn't be bothered if he left. But the issue's aren't suddenly resolved if he does leave. He's not the root cause. 

Not at all surprised many are calling for his head. Last night was just embarrassing and Monk has to shoulder some of the blame. Sacking him will change nothing though. The problems lie at the top and can't be easily resolved

Guest LittleG
5 hours ago, billyblack said:

Who else do we play at LWB?

Surely the sensible thing to do would be that, if you have no one capable of playing LWB, don't change the system and put someone there who doesn't look comfortable and completely alien to the role

Guest LittleG
7 hours ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

We can’t just keep sacking managers ffs. Majority of this team is not his. These players have failed under 3 different managers now. Monks tactics and subtitles baffle  me at times but I don’t think we should just chuck the towel in this early! 

Not entirely true, more than half the team last night were not players who had failed under different managers 

4 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Surely the sensible thing to do would be that, if you have no one capable of playing LWB, don't change the system and put someone there who doesn't look comfortable and completely alien to the role

I get that, its a tough one because if he doesn't try and change things he will get slated for that as well. Thankless task. Back 3 doesn't work, back 4 doesn't either at the moment. What does he do next.

What happens if we sack Monk and the players suddenly start playing like world beaters, Is that excusable?

I remember Chelsea under Mourinho who were a disgrace at the time, low and behold, new manager comes in suddenly its all good again. Are these guys really 'professional'?? 

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, billyblack said:

I get that, its a tough one because if he doesn't try and change things he will get slated for that as well. Thankless task. Back 3 doesn't work, back 4 doesn't either at the moment. What does he do next.

Not knocking him for wanting to try something different but only do it when you have the players available to do so. 

Guest LittleG
6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

we don't have players for back 4 either. no LB as Fox is injured, all others are makeshift LB's. 

Palmer has been better at LB this season rather than his usual RB. It just made no sense at all to switch systems without having the player(s) to see it through. If we're that reliant on Fox, no matter how he's improved, it shows how much we have fallen.

16 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Palmer has been better at LB this season rather than his usual RB. It just made no sense at all to switch systems without having the player(s) to see it through. If we're that reliant on Fox, no matter how he's improved, it shows how much we have fallen.

I assume we will go to a back 4 again on saturday but who knows. Fox is integral to us as we dont have anyone else for that role. He is one of our most consistent players so far this season. 

And yes we have fallen.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, billyblack said:

I assume we will go to a back 4 again on saturday but who knows. Fox is integral to us as we dont have anyone else for that role. He is one of our most consistent players so far this season. 

And yes we have fallen.

We could well do, hopefully. Like I said Palmer is adequate in the LB position; just don't want to see FF at LWB again

Guest LittleG
Just now, billyblack said:

To be honest, I don't want to see FF anywhere

I'm sure you'll get your wish at end of season but can't agree with you on this. Best to leave it there, have a good one. 

Got to be honest I can’t see DC doing anything about this situation. He always takes too long to decide anything. If Monk does stay he needs to be allowed to bring his own staff in, an absolutely pathetic situation that he hasn’t already. Also apart from Fox Monk had better not renew any of those lazy sods contracts. Get rid of them all and also hope we can sell a couple still under contract. 

18 hours ago, LSOwls said:

I would usually give him the benefit of doubt given what he's inherited but the last few games we've look abysmal.

We have no plan, no structure and it looks like the players don't know where they are playing.

We have been saying the same thing for the last 4 years, how is that Monk's fault?.

• Like 1

Just a food for thought, Monk goes that will be another obscure foreign coach we bring in.

It’s absolutely embarrassing our neighbours got promoted because their players were determined to go through brick walls for their manager, our players just throw the towel in when the going gets tough, they’re an embarrassment to our football club and the sooner the spine of this team goes the better.