Monk Out / In

Monk Out / Monk In  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Monk Out / In

• Monk Out
    • Monk In

Thr thing is, the players are poor, the failure to let him bring his own staff in is daft but it wasn't they players who played FF at left wingback last night. 

I don't want to get back on the merry go round but I also don't want this slimy oik in charge of the massive rebuild that has got to come this summer, whichever league we are in. 

4 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Something has clearly gone wrong and we have completely lost confidence and form.

..continually conceding late goals, silly mistakes being made etc etc

We are heading the wrong way so a change may need to be made before it’s too late.

It could only happen to us.

When we beat Bristol city to go 3rd we weren’t playing great football but we were resilient.  It felt like we were one of the toughest teams to beat and pundits said the same at the time.  Since then it’s been the complete opposite and we are now the worst team in the league going by the form table.  Very strange 

It went down hill after the Stoke game - conceding late, yet again, after having got back into the game.

its going to be very hard to turn it around -  players have lost either form or favour.  Such a pity after a relatively decent start.

He may get a few more weeks but I have a feeling DC may be a bit more ruthless this time around.

You would love to give Monk the summer window to try and get rid of pretty much all of the deadweight, Bannan, Westwood etc etc and to reshape the team and build it around Borner and Iorfa but the way we are heading, the way we are capitulating in games, the way we are weirdly set up and the players look like they don't give a throw .. we can't continue like this ..

If some players are p*ssed off, and others have sided with em then ship the fúckers out

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

You would love to give Monk the summer window to try and get rid of pretty much all of the deadweight, Bannan, Westwood etc etc and to reshape the team and build it around Borner and Iorfa but the way we are heading, the way we are capitulating in games, the way we are weirdly set up and the players look like they don't give a throw .. we can't continue like this ..

If some players are p*ssed off, and others have sided with em then ship the fúckers out

Its clear, the players don’t have faith in Monk’s methods

3 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

We will do, have to wait until the summer to do it though.

14 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

It went down hill after the Stoke game - conceding late, yet again, after having got back into the game.

its going to be very hard to turn it around -  players have lost either form or favour.  Such a pity after a relatively decent start.

He may get a few more weeks but I have a feeling DC may be a bit more ruthless this time around.

Hopefully with himself to start with.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

WhyTF do we want to play with wing backs? Three centre backs is a nightmare, and doesn’t suit any of the players. Baffling

I don't disagree, however he was trying something new, because lets face it, a flat back 4 was hardly working either was it.

Lets be honest it looks like the players aren't having him anymore, for whatever reasons. Maybe its some the post match interviews he's given, maybe its cause he's fallen out with Westwood and Hutchinson. If the players want him gone, they'll eventually get their way.

8 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

What can Monk do? Every single player let him down tonight. Lee looked like the only one trying. 

It's monks job to get the best out of the players. I know football isn't played on paper but this "group" should be able to beat most teams in this league, especially the bottom 4 who we've managed to take 1 point from in recent weeks. 

He had them motivated and playing before Christmas and we were 3rd. There was no complaints then. Now he's coming out saying we were never contenders and criticising the players.

IMHO we only did so we at the start of the season because of what Bruce had put in place. Now monk is imposing his tactics (if he even has any) we are a shambles. 

A good manager could have this squad in a top 3 this season. The quality of the league is absolutely shocking and we are adding to it.

I'll grant monk that he didn't have a full pre-season but to be honest I'm glad he didn't because we would be in the relegation zone now if he did. 

We need to pull the trigger now and hope someone short term can get a rise from the players and put a run together. Because at the moment there's only one place we are heading.

No more Bannan at quarterback, no more Palmer playing more advanced than Windass, no more Forestieri at wing back. Last night was an absolute joke and I very rarely criticise.

As I posted in another thread......

Our usual right back thought he'd been asked to play in the quadrant next to the oppositions corner flag and our most skillful attacking flair player has been asked to track men into the depths of our own channels.

We've also got a garden gnome who thinks every pass needs to go via the moon being asked to shield 3 centre backs, of which non are comfortable playing in a 3 and 1 is useless even playing in a 2. 

Chuck some clueless loanees up top somewhere and there you have it. Monks tactics. 

Tonight I saw Bannan at right back. Palmer on right of a front 3. Borner playing left back and left midfield (with some terrible passing included). Windass laying deeper than Palmer for long spells (due to Palmer being too advanced and Bannan dropping to cover). Wickham doing virtually nothing. Da Cruz all over the shop.

If you think that there aren't managers that can do better than that then I think I should throw my name in to the hat.

Absolute disgrace tonight and it definitely stemmed from how we were set up.