Monk Out / In

Monk Out / Monk In  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Monk Out / In

• Monk Out
    • Monk In

5 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Not a lot he can do when our defence make 2 massive mistakes per game

He is the one who picks the defence, and insists on playing Lees even though he is woefully out of form. He is also the one who insists on the tactics of keeper and defenders blasting up to the poor f*cker up front, and thats it.

I’ve got to say Tom Lees is appalling 

He’s totally out his depth now needs to go 

I’m a little concerned with Monks lack of tactical know how doesn’t seem to have a plan B 

And to be fair Bannan and Lee doesn’t work there not mobile enough 

Monk has inherited a poor side and one that is quite frankly in turmoil.

Senior players frozen out, bad results, poor performances and fans peed off.

However, taking all that into consideration, Monk seems incapable of pulling them together, let’s face it rebuilding this team will take years, Monk has got months, he will go.

1 minute ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Monk has inherited a poor side and one that is quite frankly in turmoil.

Senior players frozen out, bad results, poor performances and fans peed off.

However, taking all that into consideration, Monk seems incapable of pulling them together, let’s face it rebuilding this team will take years, Monk has got months, he will go.

Have to disagree. Some good players in that side. Truly baffling tactics played. 

Monk is taking us backwards. 

God I do agree that Monk is taking us backwards and tactics are baffling, however the players are far from good.

Expensive and well paid yes but in comparison to other teams they are bloody poor. I’m no football manager but we seen incapable of finding a player for a reasonable sum and developing them to become a good player or an asset.

Guest Grez Bez

I would usually give him the benefit of doubt given what he's inherited but the last few games we've look abysmal.

We have no plan, no structure and it looks like the players don't know where they are playing.

Admittedly Monk wasn't one of my preferred choices at the time and wasn't excited when he was brought in. However initially things looked promising up until Christmas. I don't know what's happened since but we look as inept; all over the place, insipid, weak and directionless as we did under Jos and Carlos' last season. If we showed some fight or looked like we had a plan, then I'm pretty certain we'd feel more patient and understanding. We appear on the pitch as directionless as we do off it.

I don't know where we go from here, I hate chopping and changing managers all the time, the players and owner have to take some responsibility too but if it's true about Monk only being given to the end of the season, then it already looks inevitable and it's looking like a case of when, not if? Who do we bring in, someone more experienced and/or a stronger character or someone up and coming or will we bring in someone temporary? We're a mess on and off the pitch and it's utterly frustrating and directionless and as seemingly been that way ever since the Wembley Play Off defeat. Something's got to change surely, whatever we do but it sadly doesn't look like Monk can positively change things.