IF DC put the club up for sale.

5 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

Question is, does he carry on losing loads of money every week, or sell up and cut his losses.

i think he’d be better selling for whatever he can get, and let someone in that knows what they’re doing.

I imagine pride will have a lot to do with this, and the promise of gifting the club to his young un in future.

Five years on, his family must be asking him some questions:

What's happened in 5 years - results against forecast?

What level is the debt?

What is your new plan?

How much investment/debt will this incur?

What's the club really valued at?

In the end, DC hasn't got an unlimited cash flow - his family may have. As far as I'm aware, DC's only business interest are SWFC related so he presumably has no other security avenues for loans. His debt levels will therefore, be determined and financed by his family.

Must make for interesting discussions at the family get togethers

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not impossible at £100m someone will buy the club but unlikely.
I know Chansiri is loaded but aren't we currently losing £20m per year?
Surely even Chansiri doesnt have a bottomless pit of money to cover that much every year without blinking.

Wasn't there reports saying DC had turned down offers for the club over £100m?

8 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

think he’d be better selling for whatever he can get, and let someone in that knows what they’re doing.

I don't think there is such a thing, or at the least very few, buying a football club is a gamble with odds stacked against making a success.

There is of course them that think they know what they are doing.:rolleyes:

It's not just a Wednesday thing, loads and loads of clubs have tried to find the right man...and loads have failed.

Even if/when a plan comes together it's usually short lived for all but the giants of the prem.

The bubble always bursts eventually, then back to square one...

4 minutes ago, Carlton Palmreader said:

Surely there must be 100,000,000 of us on Owlstalk who would throw a quid in the pot? Only if the sale included the stadium though... "The Owlstalk Hillsborough Stadium" has a nice ring.

Plus, we are always in harmony over ideas for the stadium, manager, transfer targets, kit, seat prices etc...Our board meetings would only take about a month or two each.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bronxowl said:

Question is, does he carry on losing loads of money every week, or sell up and cut his losses.

i think he’d be better selling for whatever he can get, and let someone in that knows what they’re doing.

Haviz Mammadov ? :Chansiri:

• Haha 1