Luton - V - Wednesday OMDT

9 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

If Bannan plays any deeper he'll be selling programs.

If Joey is paired with him then I can't see anything but either a  0 - 0 or a defeat.

ATTACK !   ATTACK !   ATTACK !

If were going 4231, Bannan shouldn't play, he's a liability positionally. Of what we have Luongo and Lee the better options to fulfill that DM role. 

If Bannan plays, we will need to adjust the team to accomodate him, putting another player in midfield to cover the gaps he leaves, when dropping deep. 

A win tonight and last weekend's poor effort won't feel so bad. We could be up to eighth, and with more games against teams below us, it's our last chance to salvage summit from this season. We probably need minimum 7 points from the next three games before Derby and then the really tough games start in March. C'mon Wednesday! 

1 hour ago, Dunkstar said:

Win tonight and we're 3 points off the playoffs again...

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

Not necessarily.

Ok soz, not if Preston get a draw or a win at Stoke, fair enough. 

Just my (obviously poor) attempt to highlight both how tight this league is and the bipolar nature of our support.

That'll teach me

UTO

:bullen:

Ref watch  - Gavin Ward

Despite looking about 12 years old, this ref has been fairly uncontroversial in our games and we have a W4 D1 L2 record under him.  He even tried to help us out by giving a red card to the opposition the last time he reffed us and we lost (Millwall away this season) to no avail as we never looked like scoring despite attempting 8364 crosses in the second half.

He scores an excellent single Courtney on the GeorgeCourtneyometer, as judged by the Demon of Spennymoor himself

340?cb=20140811134459    _methode_times_prod_web_bin_d08a69c2-4799-11e6-8014-8056cb7c3ac5.jpg.d59bae8a22878242a5efac26fafcd7d8.jpg

There, that's well and truly put the kiss of death on him for tonight...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

As I posted in another thread, their home form over the last ten matches reads:

W 4

D 1

L 5

All of those five losses have been by a one goal margin, so I don't expect us to rock up to Kenilworth Road and smash them off the park seeing as the likes of Forest, Leeds and Swansea all won by the odd goal; Fulham only managed a draw; and Derby and Bristol City both lost.

I imagine it'll be a scrappy, tight game which will be decided on a key moment or two. Hopefully we can keep it tight and make our chances count like we were doing earlier in the season.

468542211_UpTheOwls!.gif.29aa9e3ab6e54a4e66171b42c5690122.gif

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As I posted in another thread, their home form over the last ten matches reads:

W 4

D 1

L 5

All of those five losses have been by a one goal margin, so I don't expect us to rock up to Kenilworth Road and smash them off the park seeing as the likes of Forest, Leeds and Swansea all won by the odd goal; Fulham only managed a draw; and Derby and Bristol City both lost.

I imagine it'll be a scrappy, tight game which will be decided on a key moment or two. Hopefully we can keep it tight and make our chances count like we were doing earlier in the season.

468542211_UpTheOwls!.gif.29aa9e3ab6e54a4e66171b42c5690122.gif

they are bottom of the league and form table for a reason and have lost 21 league games this season! Let’s not give them to much credit. 

5 hours ago, Highbury Owl said:

Yes. Looks like were playing Bannan in his quarterback position again. 

I'm hoping he might be able to hit our new wide receiver Da Cruz with a few long passes but the option of a short handoff to running back Iorfa might be the best call.

Failing that a quick snap back to Dawson to punt one into the stands. Hold on to those hot dogs!

I predict 21-7 to the mighty OWLS!

Apparently he winds Dawson up so much that when the ball comes to him Dawson just tries to blast it at him! (Unfortunately with his fiery temper unleashed, it often hits one of the opposition, who then goes on and scores)

53 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Ref watch  - Gavin Ward

Despite looking about 12 years old, this ref has been fairly uncontroversial in our games and we have a W4 D1 L2 record under him.  He even tried to help us out by giving a red card to the opposition the last time he reffed us and we lost (Millwall away this season) to no avail as we never looked like scoring despite attempting 8364 crosses in the second half.

He scores an excellent single Courtney on the GeorgeCourtneyometer, as judged by the Demon of Spennymoor himself

340?cb=20140811134459    _methode_times_prod_web_bin_d08a69c2-4799-11e6-8014-8056cb7c3ac5.jpg.d59bae8a22878242a5efac26fafcd7d8.jpg

There, that's well and truly put the kiss of death on him for tonight...

Brilliant, what with this and all the stats, surely the players will be so relaxed tonight that we will still be mentally floating in the Jacuzzi by the time Luton get their second goal. After that though, our new slightly naughty boys will start getting a bit  rattled and rough, responding with a three goal salvo to finish off the most entertaining game of the season so far and Garry Monk will be carried out of the ground shoulder high to cries of Huzzah and Long Live the Monk!

Or maybe not.

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

So Luton have lost more league games than any other FL side; we just know what's going to happen tonight. Luton 1-0, 94th minute!

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

-29 goal difference....ooof!

Their home record is reasonable.