The impatience of our fanbase

Am I alone in my opinion? This team, prior to the last 2 games , has been entirely Bruce,Jos or Carlos It's also true that , during the last window, we had refusals from at least two players, who would not sign for us, either on loan or permanently.

I must admit that Monk's appraisals of players' performances make harsh reading, even for me as a fan, let alone the players, BUT, at least he's not wrapping it up in bullshit, but telling it as it is

Let's be honest, do any of us think the side is giving 100%? Yet we seem to be putting the blame on the Manager , not the under-performing players. I, personally, would not blame management, at any level, if we decided to get rid of at least 75% of the current squad. And ,even if it meant bringing the youngsters on in a lower division, I would be prepared to accept that if we knew that tye players were giving 100%.

• Like 2

The fan base has never been patient when it comes to building the club and the 1st team.

Only once in the last 50 years have the fane given any manager time to build, Sir Jack Charlton, since then it has been "Spend the cash on the 1st team" and since then we have struggled as a club.

While the Blunts realised the way to any lasting success was by investing in the infrastructure of the club, developing and selling players to raise funds to build the club.

When we get in the Prem league, I guarantee you, the fans will be demanding 'Marquee' signings of £50m+, and the circle will begin again.

10 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The lack of patience in getting a PL club is justified after 20 years.

However, they are blaming the wrong man in Monk.

The heartbreaking thing is that 20 years after relegation and the club still lacks leadership and Direction.

No strategy on recruitment

No youth player sold for decent money since Mel Sterland.

Commercially a mess.

No strategy to cope with FFP.

A stadium that is falling apart.

Etc Etc

Other than a brief spell under Milan Mandaric our club has been mismanaged from the top down for all of the 20 years we have been out of the Prem.

Milan recognised the need for a Chief Executive and employed one.

Our club on and off the field has looked like this for the last 5 years

Image result for no direction gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

The fan base has never been patient when it comes to building the club and the 1st team.

Only once in the last 50 years have the fane given any manager time to build, Sir Jack Charlton, since then it has been "Spend the cash on the 1st team" and since then we have struggled as a club.

While the Blunts realised the way to any lasting success was by investing in the infrastructure of the club, developing and selling players to raise funds to build the club.

When we get in the Prem league, I guarantee you, the fans will be demanding 'Marquee' signings of £50m+, and the circle will begin again.

Another one blaming the fans for this

Image result for facepalm gif

13 hours ago, mkowl said:

I naively presumed when DC took over we had a plan. It was talked about for sure, it was certainly mentioned about decent football to watch not the pragmatic dull shizzle for the last 3 and half years. 

Even Baldrick would laugh at the current plan

I have a plan to win the lottery.  I buy a ticket for each draw.  Unless I forget.  It's a crap plan to be fair.

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t know if we are that desperate for success we demand it, or we are bitterly jealous of the lot across the city or it’s the clubs fault for charging high prices and creating a level of expectation every season. 

I don’t know, but the amount of abuse directed at the manager in recent days has been ridiculous in my opinion. He might not be the next Chris Wilder or Pep Guardiola, but surely he deserves a bit more than 4 months before we judge him? He’s working with players signed by previous regimes. He’s managed to get a few loans in but they will need time to gel. The squad is tired with some players in the dressing room who have been here way too long and need moving on. He’s working under the cloud of a possible points deduction. He’s missing our best player in Fletcher and a key player who could transform our midfield in Luongo. 

Football has been pretty poor since Boxing Day. But before that we were picking up results and in some games actually played some decent stuff. It’s a process to fix the damage done at Wednesday in recent seasons. Won’t happen overnight, however frustrating that may be.

I’ve said for a couple of years now. We really need the club to come out with a realistic strategy and a bit of transparency as to where we are and the job we’ve got on our hands. Just to heal the discontent amongst the fanbase and get the fans back on side. That can’t come through Monk in a press conference when he’s clearly frustrated by the teams display. It has to come from above, a real sign of leadership. At the moment we are drifting clinging onto this dream of promotion every season. A dream that realistically ended in May 2017. Almost three years ago. 

20+ years of manly crap being served up with well below average players, most of which lack commitment and desire.

A string of negative managers, many of which have the tactical nouse of a baked potato.

Now with the added fact fans are being bent over, no lube, having their insides tickled whilst simultaneously having their wallets (and purses, I ain’t sexist) pilfered.

Then you have the cheek to come on here and call us impatient. Instead of telling you what I really think I’ll just leave these gifs. Maybe if you’d have put impatience with Monk I wouldn’t have moaned so much.

175A7327-FEF1-4CD1-B3B0-ADF7BE5081AC.gif

3CD2FD05-8ED1-42AA-A4E5-BFBA7EF19B65.gif

14 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

BTW How are the Cowleys getting on with the Dog botherers?

The playing squad is better than it was this time last year, but it clearly needs improvement. If the current rabble we have in midfield went up, they'd come straight back down on even bigger contracts. 

I don't see any reason why Monk can't be given a chance in the summer transfer window to build his team for next season. At which point I think it would be fair to judge him. 

Pretty well accordingly to my mate who has a season ticket there. Has a clear plan and strategy, results improving and very clear what they are trying to do on the pitch. Says he expects a promotion push next season.

With Monk it's less about individual results and more about what his plan is. Does anyone have the faintest idea what he is trying to do on the pitch? How does he want us to play? What is our strategy and approach? What style does he want us to implement? All these things remain unclear after 30 plus games in charge. 

It's not about Monk, it's the fact that we've sat and watched this same scenario play out over and over again and nothing ever changes. 

The club is a shambles, run by a bloke who is incompetent and unwilling to admit it. Due to this incompetence we have now been left in a situation in which we will be unable to compete for the next 3 years. 

Meanwhile, the scrubbers who were miles behind us just 5 years ago have built a sustainable club and look an established Premier League outfit capable of challenging for European football. 

That is why people have had enough. 

It was ok before hope reared its ugly head.  It was ok when we were consistently poor/mediocre.  There wasn't half as much whinging.

Hope brought with it optimism.  Optimism that we might just win this game.  We might make the playoffs.  We might get promoted.

Hope lifts you up to a point where to start to expect something and MY GOD the thump when you hit the floor, as we lose and fail and fall off the pace yet again, is painful.

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Pretty well accordingly to my mate who has a season ticket there. Has a clear plan and strategy, results improving and very clear what they are trying to do on the pitch. Says he expects a promotion push next season.

With Monk it's less about individual results and more about what his plan is. Does anyone have the faintest idea what he is trying to do on the pitch? How does he want us to play? What is our strategy and approach? What style does he want us to implement? All these things remain unclear after 30 plus games in charge. 

WOW, that's quite a leap they're making on next season, They haven't secured championship status yet, they may get the promotion push they hope for, just not in this division. 

15 hours ago, Watto said:

Unfortunately the man at the helm seems slightly deluded and thinks we can get promotion every year because we have half a dozen players from the play off seasons and he's spent a lot of money .....it doesn't work like that Mr Chansiri !

Every manager we employ is battling what is going on behind the scenes with ffp ( Chansiri keeping hold of players far too long and wasting money on crocks) .

For me Monk deserves more time and needs his own players and backroom staff , then we can judge him properly once all the hangers on are gone along with the players that simply aren't good enough.

I just hope and pray we somehow get away with a points deduction for this or next season .

Surely anybody with enough money can simply buy a team bristling with expensive players, pay them loads of money and then find a manager to get them promoted in the 1st year of asking, or the second, maybe the 3rd, the 4th then, ok definitely the 5th?

Just realised that is our plan. Only we have less money to spend on expensive new players each year, because we pay them loads too much money and heck there isnt even any flipping chemistry! Our owner has never even played Football Manager, or FIFA for goodness sake! I wonder if he's even had a go at kicking a ball on the pitch yet? Preferably dodging the pig turd and shooting towards the goal. If he does I bet the goalie is under strict instructions to dive out of the way.

If you owned Sheffield Wednesday you could get the players to baby sit, while you go out on the razz, you could have picnics on the pitch (again away from the pig dump), re-enact John Sheridan free kicks with your mates, watch highlights of games and play FIFA on the scoreboard. I bet DC's done all that now, got bored and gone back to his fishing, building office blocks and all that kind of stuff.

Guest wilyfox

The only thing I'm impatient for is DC to see the error of his ways and start making good decisions. That means wise investments, good recruitment, trading players, and making the club more sustainable. I applaud his financial backing, but he's used it effectively. 

49 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

It can be done tho…. he may not be able to do this perfectly but a good manager can get the best out of any players. Monk doesn't.

I think we have a.group of players who don't know how to bust a gut and are prepared to to get paid handsomely.for the privalige give monk a chance to redevelop the squad