The impatience of our fanbase

We are very patient.

However that patience wears thin and dissenting voices can be heard when the support realises it could probably do a better job or put in a better shift than the manager and/or the players...

Edited by Flat Owl
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t know if we are that desperate for success we demand it, or we are bitterly jealous of the lot across the city or it’s the clubs fault for charging high prices and creating a level of expectation every season. 

I don’t know, but the amount of abuse directed at the manager in recent days has been ridiculous in my opinion. He might not be the next Chris Wilder or Pep Guardiola, but surely he deserves a bit more than 4 months before we judge him? He’s working with players signed by previous regimes. He’s managed to get a few loans in but they will need time to gel. The squad is tired with some players in the dressing room who have been here way too long and need moving on. He’s working under the cloud of a possible points deduction. He’s missing our best player in Fletcher and a key player who could transform our midfield in Luongo. 

Football has been pretty poor since Boxing Day. But before that we were picking up results and in some games actually played some decent stuff. It’s a process to fix the damage done at Wednesday in recent seasons. Won’t happen overnight, however frustrating that may be.

I’ve said for a couple of years now. We really need the club to come out with a realistic strategy and a bit of transparency as to where we are and the job we’ve got on our hands. Just to heal the discontent amongst the fanbase and get the fans back on side. That can’t come through Monk in a press conference when he’s clearly frustrated by the teams display. It has to come from above, a real sign of leadership. At the moment we are drifting clinging onto this dream of promotion every season. A dream that realistically ended in May 2017. Almost three years ago. 

Relegated 20 years ago.

Been to the brink of oblivion and our supporters have stood by the club.

Had precious little to cheer about since the mid 90's.

Currently paying extortionate prices for a sub standard product.

Have an owner who hasn't got a clue.

We don't even own our ground anymore.

We have fudged our accounts to come in line with the rules  that every other club in the EFL have to follow.

We are sponsored by 3 companies that only exsist on paper.

We have resorted to selling 10 year season tickets because clueless has backed himself into a corner and has nothing left to offer.

Well feck me for being impatient, it truly is a golden age to be a Wednesday fan right now.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

BTW How are the Cowleys getting on with the Dog botherers?

The playing squad is better than it was this time last year, but it clearly needs improvement. If the current rabble we have in midfield went up, they'd come straight back down on even bigger contracts. 

I don't see any reason why Monk can't be given a chance in the summer transfer window to build his team for next season. At which point I think it would be fair to judge him. 

At this point we also don't know if we will have an embargo as well as half of team out of contract lol so next season could be far worse 

6 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

At this point we also don't know if we will have an embargo as well as half of team out of contract lol so next season could be far worse 

Next season we could start -x amount of points, an aging, failing squad that has half its players out of contract and the other half we couldn't give away and an owner who's only answer to this is 10nyear season tickets FML.

• Like 2

I think as fans we have been very patient with the crap we have had to put up with over the years. Also sometimes a manager has to work with what he has and get the best out of them. I really don’t feel Monk is doing that. 2nd from bottom in the form table, looked a shambles of a side since Christmas. Monk seems a very negative manager, coming out with what he said today is not what the majority of fans want to hear half way through the season. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Next season we could start -x amount of points, an aging, failing squad that has half its players out of contract and the other half we couldn't give away and an owner who's only answer to this is 10nyear season tickets FML.

Makes for grim reading mate but its absolutely a possibility.

Mods, we need a new emoji for this.....

download.jpeg

Monk isn’t the problem. Not at the moment anyway.

its the failure at the top - manifested in bad recruitment, strategy and everything else really.

calling monk out who’s been in the job no time and having inherited this car crash is daft.

As for the impatience:

If I saw a team capable of stringing two passes together, I might be slightly more patient.

Bar the second half against Leeds, we've been utter w@nk now for nearly 2 months.

Awful results and shocking performances.

Yes, the team has its weaknesses and we all have serious questions over their mentality, but even this lot are capable of producing better than this. 

The only thing I'm losing patience about are those trying to implicate the fanbase in some way over the sh*te we're getting served up.

I'm also sick of hearing about managers that somehow can only work with players and coaching staff they've assembled themselves. What a ridiculous indictment on the whole profession. I can't imagine walking into any kind of management position in any industry with it being 'understood' that I can't be judged until I've brought my own people in.

If I was a cynic, I'd probably suspect that dropping Hutchinson was merely an attempt to shift blame and buy some time while creating a narrative of the need to purge the squad of certain problem individuals that he'd prefer to not have to manage.

I know I'd be a lot more impressed with a manager that is able to actually 'manage' the players. Resolving problems such as this ought really to be a normal part of the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t know if we are that desperate for success we demand it, or we are bitterly jealous of the lot across the city or it’s the clubs fault for charging high prices and creating a level of expectation every season. 

I don’t know, but the amount of abuse directed at the manager in recent days has been ridiculous in my opinion. He might not be the next Chris Wilder or Pep Guardiola, but surely he deserves a bit more than 4 months before we judge him? He’s working with players signed by previous regimes. He’s managed to get a few loans in but they will need time to gel. The squad is tired with some players in the dressing room who have been here way too long and need moving on. He’s working under the cloud of a possible points deduction. He’s missing our best player in Fletcher and a key player who could transform our midfield in Luongo. 

Football has been pretty poor since Boxing Day. But before that we were picking up results and in some games actually played some decent stuff. It’s a process to fix the damage done at Wednesday in recent seasons. Won’t happen overnight, however frustrating that may be.

I’ve said for a couple of years now. We really need the club to come out with a realistic strategy and a bit of transparency as to where we are and the job we’ve got on our hands. Just to heal the discontent amongst the fanbase and get the fans back on side. That can’t come through Monk in a press conference when he’s clearly frustrated by the teams display. It has to come from above, a real sign of leadership. At the moment we are drifting clinging onto this dream of promotion every season. A dream that realistically ended in May 2017. Almost three years ago. 

Are you including yourself in this analysis of ridiculous judging?  Just wondering because in recent days in relation to Monk you have commented:

Megson had a game plan and a style of play. Dangerous from set pieces, crosses into the box. It certainly wasn’t hit and hope.
 This under Monk, well I’m not quite sure what it is at the moment. Until Fletch’s injury I thought he was building a style, but since then we’ve been absolutely lost. 

Or a man out of his depth struggling to manage this mentally weak half arsed squad? It’s a tough job for anyone, but the way he came across offered no signs of encouragement. 

I’m glad Monk has called out the players. But at the same time doing so shows he’s lost the dressing room. He sounded a man defeated and he’s only been here a few months. Worrying. 

Sounds like you are demanding more of Monk as well........

Edited by Guest

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, cowl said:

The only thing I'm losing patience about are those trying to implicate the fanbase in some way over the sh*te we're getting served up.

I'm also sick of hearing about managers that somehow can only work with players and coaching staff they've assembled themselves. What a ridiculous indictment on the whole profession. I can't imagine walking into any kind of management position in any industry with it being 'understood' that I can't be judged until I've brought my own people in.

If I was a cynic, I'd probably suspect that dropping Hutchinson was merely an attempt to shift blame and buy some time while creating a narrative of the need to purge the squad of certain problem individuals that he'd prefer to not have to manage.

I know I'd be a lot more impressed with a manager that is able to actually 'manage' the players. Resolving problems such as this ought really to be a normal part of the job.

Agree... think it's poor that a manager has a disagreement with players and is unable to look past it. Carlos and Bruce seemed able to manage Westwood and Hutchinson fine and results were far better than under Jos and Monk who haven't managed them just kicked them to the side. So what if they don't train everyday or whatever the issue is as long as we win at 3pm on a Saturday. 

Not a big fan of the way Monk talks, wasn't impressed when he had a go at that Clotet in the media before the Birmingham game. And now his interviews have an air of inevitability about them and are repetitive. Bottom line is, it's pretty much proven that when Westwood and Hutchinson play and the back 4 is settled we keep clean sheets... going forward we have less quality than in previous seasons but with Wickham, Forestieri and Fletcher there should be enough. Guess what I'm saying is he has the tools at his disposal to get the results to sneak a top 6 finish, but can't see it given his selections, tactics and substitutions.