The impatience of our fanbase

I don’t know if we are that desperate for success we demand it, or we are bitterly jealous of the lot across the city or it’s the clubs fault for charging high prices and creating a level of expectation every season. 

I don’t know, but the amount of abuse directed at the manager in recent days has been ridiculous in my opinion. He might not be the next Chris Wilder or Pep Guardiola, but surely he deserves a bit more than 4 months before we judge him? He’s working with players signed by previous regimes. He’s managed to get a few loans in but they will need time to gel. The squad is tired with some players in the dressing room who have been here way too long and need moving on. He’s working under the cloud of a possible points deduction. He’s missing our best player in Fletcher and a key player who could transform our midfield in Luongo. 

Football has been pretty poor since Boxing Day. But before that we were picking up results and in some games actually played some decent stuff. It’s a process to fix the damage done at Wednesday in recent seasons. Won’t happen overnight, however frustrating that may be.

I’ve said for a couple of years now. We really need the club to come out with a realistic strategy and a bit of transparency as to where we are and the job we’ve got on our hands. Just to heal the discontent amongst the fanbase and get the fans back on side. That can’t come through Monk in a press conference when he’s clearly frustrated by the teams display. It has to come from above, a real sign of leadership. At the moment we are drifting clinging onto this dream of promotion every season. A dream that realistically ended in May 2017. Almost three years ago. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think we are very patient. Relegated from the Premier League year 2000!

And this is part of the problem. The expectation we belong at the top. Football has come along way since 2000. We got left behind. We need to focus our energy on what we can do to get back there. Chucking money at it and then getting crippled by FFP whilst trying to find ways around it, will never be the answer. We gambled on that, it failed. Now we need a different plan. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

I also think we are patient. 

What I believe people have zero patience for is ineptitude and unfortunately we have seen way too much of that running through every thread of this club from top to bottom. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I naively presumed when DC took over we had a plan. It was talked about for sure, it was certainly mentioned about decent football to watch not the pragmatic dull shizzle for the last 3 and half years. 

Even Baldrick would laugh at the current plan

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And this is part of the problem. The expectation we belong at the top. Football has come along way since 2000. We got left behind. We need to focus our energy on what we can do to get back there. Chucking money at it and then getting crippled by FFP whilst trying to find ways around it, will never be the answer. We gambled on that, it failed. Now we need a different plan. 

We do belong at the top, traditionally we are a top flight team. 

• Haha 1

BTW How are the Cowleys getting on with the Dog botherers?

The playing squad is better than it was this time last year, but it clearly needs improvement. If the current rabble we have in midfield went up, they'd come straight back down on even bigger contracts. 

I don't see any reason why Monk can't be given a chance in the summer transfer window to build his team for next season. At which point I think it would be fair to judge him. 

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t know if we are that desperate for success we demand it, or we are bitterly jealous of the lot across the city or it’s the clubs fault for charging high prices and creating a level of expectation every season. 

I don’t know, but the amount of abuse directed at the manager in recent days has been ridiculous in my opinion. He might not be the next Chris Wilder or Pep Guardiola, but surely he deserves a bit more than 4 months before we judge him? He’s working with players signed by previous regimes. He’s managed to get a few loans in but they will need time to gel. The squad is tired with some players in the dressing room who have been here way too long and need moving on. He’s working under the cloud of a possible points deduction. He’s missing our best player in Fletcher and a key player who could transform our midfield in Luongo. 

Football has been pretty poor since Boxing Day. But before that we were picking up results and in some games actually played some decent stuff. It’s a process to fix the damage done at Wednesday in recent seasons. Won’t happen overnight, however frustrating that may be.

I’ve said for a couple of years now. We really need the club to come out with a realistic strategy and a bit of transparency as to where we are and the job we’ve got on our hands. Just to heal the discontent amongst the fanbase and get the fans back on side. That can’t come through Monk in a press conference when he’s clearly frustrated by the teams display. It has to come from above, a real sign of leadership. At the moment we are drifting clinging onto this dream of promotion every season. A dream that realistically ended in May 2017. Almost three years ago. 

Unfortunately the man at the helm seems slightly deluded and thinks we can get promotion every year because we have half a dozen players from the play off seasons and he's spent a lot of money .....it doesn't work like that Mr Chansiri !

Every manager we employ is battling what is going on behind the scenes with ffp ( Chansiri keeping hold of players far too long and wasting money on crocks) .

For me Monk deserves more time and needs his own players and backroom staff , then we can judge him properly once all the hangers on are gone along with the players that simply aren't good enough.

I just hope and pray we somehow get away with a points deduction for this or next season .

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Yes, but not with Monk. It's not his fault the mess the club has been in. 

Ill try to tell myself that tomorrow from 19:45 onwards.

18 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think we are very patient. Relegated from the Premier League year 2000!

Not Monk's or DCs fault. 

We've got far more chance of turning this round under Monk and DC than we did under Chris Turner and Dave Allen. 

We forget how far we sank. 

It’s because Monk;

- makes ridiculous team selections

- makes baffling substitutions

- plays dour football 

- wee wee poor press conferences 

- and comes out with stupid statements 

jos got crucified for this last year (rightly so) and we currently have jos MKII

He just isn’t the man for the job - the players haven’t had a clue where they are playing the last 3 games , tactically all over the shop 

Just now, GerOwl said:

Ill try to tell myself that tomorrow from 19:45 onwards.

I'm not promising anything tomorrow night. It may get worse, but it's down to the players ultimately.

It sounds like the current SWFC manager clearly has a fight on his hands on the training ground, as has been par for the course for 20 + years. 

This time we've got the backbone of a new team emerging. Now is not the time to turn on the players who get picked or the Manager. 

I’m in my late fifties and one thing I’ve always been proud of at Wednesday are our supporters.... I love the loyalty we show ... especially away from home...we are a passionate loyal army of fans that deserve better.....The fans will always be there...if not in person at the match ...in spirit willing us to win .....We will always be there waiting for something or someone to make it happen .......So individuals like chansiri... monk...the players ...if they can’t make it happen...can do one and go as far as I’m concerned ..........because in 10/20 years time they will have gone ....and we will still be supporting Wednesday .... will they ????..........Wednesday till  we die ...that’s us