Sicily

M Royds

Anybody been and have any tips? I been to Italy loads of times but never to Sicily. Love Southern Italy so much. 

I plan to go with family in mid July and stay for a week. I hope to do a park run around Mount Etna. I will hire a car and try and see more of the island. Beaches, Roman and Greek ruins, Cosa Nostra and all that. 

After, I plan to drive and get the ferry to the Italian mainland and spend a week in Puglia. 

No accommodation or flights booked. I plan to fly in to Catania and fly home from the Italian Mainland. Going to try and do on a budget so I won’t be able to stay in swanky hotels. Happy in mobile homes, as long as air conditioning of Airbnb. 

We had a convo around the time i visited 2 years ago. 

Stand by all I said. Stunning place, very reasonably priced and few English accents when I went in June time. Food, scenery, culture all stunning. Palermo was a wonderful little gem. Nicer than Catania as a city but Catania has the access to Mount Etna which towers over the city like an ancient god! 

So jealous of anyone going. I aim to go back asap. Like I said in the other thread I think its going to be Andalusia this year but Sicily is my next option if it doesnt come to fruition. 

We were in Catania the night England beat Tunisia in the WC and the local Catanians were all supporting England. Met a few hoolie types that used to live in UK and were in Chelsea headhunter apparently. Proper top lads and recommended we try the horsemeat. Wasn't disappointed. 

5 hours ago, Nigel Farage said:

Anybody been and have any tips? I been to Italy loads of times but never to Sicily. Love Southern Italy so much. 

I plan to go with family in mid July and stay for a week. I hope to do a park run around Mount Etna. I will hire a car and try and see more of the island. Beaches, Roman and Greek ruins, Cosa Nostra and all that. 

After, I plan to drive and get the ferry to the Italian mainland and spend a week in Puglia. 

No accommodation or flights booked. I plan to fly in to Catania and fly home from the Italian Mainland. Going to try and do on a budget so I won’t be able to stay in swanky hotels. Happy in mobile homes, as long as air conditioning of Airbnb. 

I'm a massive Italy fan too - Been to Cefalu in the North of Sicily which is a very attractive little place - narrow streets with some good restaurants - decent beaches there too.Palermo is worth the visit for the day - you can get there on the train.

Whereabouts are you planning to stay in Puglia ? I stayed at Lecce,Ostuni and Polignano a Mare on the coast - stayed at bed and breakfasts in Ostuni and Polignano - great friendly Italian hosts and not too expensive.

• Like 1

We went to Cefalu last year, it’s absolutely beautiful. Stunning scenery, beaches, food and wine. Flew into Palermo and got a train over to Cefalu took about 90 minutes from the airport changing trains in Palermo centre. The air bnb we stayed in was lovely too for a couple, if you

want a link let me know.