Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-boss-garry-monk-says-play-offs-were-never-realistic-ambition-he-reiterates-need-long-term-vision-1409511
 

Completely moronic and unnecessarily negative statement... In the playoffs for a few months up until a horrendous January.

Would he have said that if Fletcher had been fit and firing? And yeah you can say well it’s a club issue and not a team issue but we were more than competing for promotion first half of season, sorry but put a nail in his coffin with this one.

 

 

Hang on a minute Sefton. Almost everyone on here was saying we were a mid table side at the beginning of the season.

Why is it suddenly moronic when the manager says something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, erowl said:

 

Fair point torres but if we're both honest the supporters would crush the manager for these results if he'd done that to Fletch/Iorfa.

 

He's only getting some leeway now because some see Dawson & Pelupessy as able replacements ... I don't.

 

I don't think they are either  - (by a long way in JP's case) and a manager has to manage different personalities etc etc BUT like with anything if you let one get away with things you are on a slippery slope.

 

The easy thing for Monk would be to put them in - if he is on a short term deal he hasn't much to lose. The supporters see the ''strongest team'' and the blame shifts to the players 

 

The fact that he has given them the boot for allegedly being a pair of d1ckheads then i applaud that as it is best for the club in the future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Hang on a minute Sefton. Almost everyone on here was saying we were a mid table side at the beginning of the season.

Why is it suddenly moronic when the manager says something similar.

A boot to stick in...................... Just a thought like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I think you pretty much made up every single bit of that.

I think you think too much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-boss-garry-monk-says-play-offs-were-never-realistic-ambition-he-reiterates-need-long-term-vision-1409511
 

Completely moronic and unnecessarily negative statement... In the playoffs for a few months up until a horrendous January.

Would he have said that if Fletcher had been fit and firing? And yeah you can say well it’s a club issue and not a team issue but we were more than competing for promotion first half of season, sorry but put a nail in his coffin with this one.

 

 

 

I cannot read the Star's stories now unless I am at home using a VPN, because I refuse to pay to read the tripe that makes up 905% of their SWFC output, so I apologise if my view is a bit off key, but the only thing that I would criticise the club for here, is the fact the chairman didn't say this and say it before the early bird season ticket deadline! Funny how this is only said after the deadline and it is the manager who has to say it, presumably in a straight answer to a question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd at Xmas. Sackable comments.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Hang on a minute Sefton. Almost everyone on here was saying we were a mid table side at the beginning of the season.

Why is it suddenly moronic when the manager says something similar.

 

I thought we were aiming for a play off place at least end of last season.
I didn't think Bruce with 20 years of manager experience and at nearly 60 was coming to consolidate in mid table for a couple of seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

 

I tend to agree with you on this.

 

Been a bit quick to dive in on Monk here.

I'm wondering how many more threads there will be this week blaming Monk for everything, including climate change.

 

It's embarrassing.

 

We all know what the capabilities of the squad are. Limited.

We all know what the financial situation is and who's fault that is.

 

But let's put it all on Monk.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the season started Four-Four-Two  predicted that we would finish 10th, Skysports 24th (maybe due to points deduction?) and James O'Connor's response to this in an Owlstalk thread summed up the consensus of opinion with only two, or three people thinking we would do better. This was J O'Cs post and I think it is spot on and well balanced as opposed to those who think we should be doing so much better (I suspect some of them have upped their expectations just because the pigs are flying high. As much as it hurts to admit it, they have been run, and are still being run, a lot more professionally than we are right now, by our invisible clown of an owner, who only pops up to see us when he wants us to spend more money, or to tell us it is not his fault we are in this state)!

 

"10th is where I predict , although anywhere from 9th to 14th is believable . We are decent , solid but lacking in many areas. We are the epitome of mid table mediocrity "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monk’s on the naughty step with most on here so anything he says will get jumped on whether it be positive or negative.

 

I’m looking forward to the meltdown when Carlos comes back because that’s where this is going :bullen:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chansiri said top two in press conference so...... I wonder what he thinks of these comments. 

 

Nobody thinks we have a top two squad, and the fact the squad needs freshening up but you can't escape that it's been horrible to watch and very very poor. His tactics and admiration at Blackburn that his tactics were to wait until the last 20mins. He's treated the tactics as if we are in the bottom three and now the quality has gone that was and we are playing like that. He sounds depressing the football is depressing and people are trying to defend him! Come on freshen up the squad yes but let's get someone in who plays football and can actually enthuse the players. Not good enough going in the wrong direction and I'm paying yet again for a season of this next year NO THANK YOU. Please Mr Chansiri unfortunately it's not worked 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

I think you think too much 

Well, be assured that no one will ever accuse you of that.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit to him that he's never been drawn on the subject in dozens of press conferences and being pestered by those [email protected] at the star.

 

There could be dozens of reasons he's saying this now.  All which we can only speculate.

 

My only worry is he does seem a bit naive in managing a club with this amount of expectancy. I bet Facebook and Twitter outrage is in full throttle today.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top notch arsecovering.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Hang on a minute Sefton. Almost everyone on here was saying we were a mid table side at the beginning of the season.

Why is it suddenly moronic when the manager says something similar.

Because he’s the manager of a club that was third at Christmas and is half a dozen points off the play offs. It’s not the greatest motivational message ever to come out of Hillsborough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

 

My only worry is he does seem a bit naive in managing a club with this amount of expectancy. I bet Facebook and Twitter outrage is in full throttle today.

 

 

 

He's managed Leeds and Boro so he shouldn't be naive about expectancy at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I'm wondering how many more threads there will be this week blaming Monk for everything, including climate change.

 

It's embarrassing.

 

We all know what the capabilities of the squad are. Limited.

We all know what the financial situation is and who's fault that is.

 

But let's put it all on Monk.

 

Yes, but what has Monk done for us over the past 4 years?

 

lol

 

How many of our players can be called real successes? How many of them can be called outright winners that give everything they can? Most of the players that fit those descriptions are the ones that some groups of fans boo and have a go at constantly while praising the real culprits that are holding us back. I really hope that Monk has the opportunity to clear out the failures and negative influences at the club and get rid of them all, because they have failed, some of them over and over again, with the club paying them way more than they would have got for doing the same elsewhere, yet get hailed as heroes by those that only remember the minor victories and the near victories that they managed to achieve. Well those may have been highlights in some of their individual careers, but were just slightly brighter spots in a dark period that is ongoing right now and will not change until we improve the quality of players throughout the squad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Chansiri said top two in press conference so...... I wonder what he thinks of these comments. 

 

Nobody thinks we have a top two squad, and the fact the squad needs freshening up but you can't escape that it's been horrible to watch and very very poor. His tactics and admiration at Blackburn that his tactics were to wait until the last 20mins. He's treated the tactics as if we are in the bottom three and now the quality has gone that was and we are playing like that. He sounds depressing the football is depressing and people are trying to defend him! Come on freshen up the squad yes but let's get someone in who plays football and can actually enthuse the players. Not good enough going in the wrong direction and I'm paying yet again for a season of this next year NO THANK YOU. Please Mr Chansiri unfortunately it's not worked 

 

 

What? Do you want us to get a player manager in? 

 

No idea what you are on about, but if Chansiri says something you are best not listening to him because he

is whole business plan relies too heavily on smoke mirrors, lies and lawyers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, be assured that no one will ever accuse you of that.

I bow down to your superior intellect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...