7 hours ago, Plonk said:

I’m afraid I’m not. I know the question wasn’t aimed at me by the way. It’s not just results it’s the bloody performances. Watching Wednesday has become a chore and it shouldn’t be. The big worry for me is it has been the same at his previous clubs. I dont expect us to win every week playing attacking football. I do expect a well set up balanced team that works it’s socks off for each other. We were getting that under Bruce. We are getting the opposite under Monk. I see no point in sacking him now, there’s no obvious candidate, but I hope to God chansiri is seriously considering who he trusts to rebuild this summer

That pretty much sums up my feelings at the moment. Just renewed my season ticket though.....

I've lost faith in Monk's ability to turn this around. When he arrived he sounded like an intelligent bloke, which is my first criterion for a manager, but now he's sounding more and more ignorant with each interview

1 hour ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I don't know about anyone else but I performed better at work when my boss wasn't putting the boot in.

Not always the case - when motivating people different things work. I found that all methods work, as I’ve said he’s tried everything else and it hasn’t worked 

On 11/02/2020 at 10:13, SiJ said:

Screams a bit of self preservation. 

Said it at the time he spouted about the bad apples and players attitudes. All he is doing now is trying to deflect blame.

fizz him out, even if he thinks it dont say it ffs, if we do get hit with a points deduction we might be in a right old scrap and its hardly going to inspire the players and fans to get our form turned around. 

• Agree 1

I was quite pleased when a Monk was appointed. Experienced with quite a good track record although never really stayed anywhere long enough to see it through.

What a good manager does, as well as adding new people to a team, is to get the players inherited to do much better. Lots of examples, look at Ancelloti at Everton. 
So I find it frustrating that there is so much comment about the current squad being useless so don’t blame Monk. Yes some of the guys are past their best BUT we still have a pretty competent set of players who are seriously underperforming. And after Saturday’s match, the manager’s comments were all about ”good composure”. He used the word ”composure” about 8 times. 
Well, he is not on the same page as me as what I want is passion, fight, commitment and pride to wear our shirt. Composure feels boring which is exactly the problem we have. 

16 hours ago, Aingarth said:

So I find it frustrating that there is so much comment about the current squad being useless so don’t blame Monk. Yes some of the guys are past their best BUT we still have a pretty competent set of players who are seriously underperforming.

This.

Look thru our teams and we have players who have recently been plenty good enough, but are poor right now.

Westwood is still a decent Championship keeper, but he's been frozen out.
Palmer was really good last season and good early doors this season too.

Fox is maybe the exception in that he's got better under Monk, maybe because he's had a decent run in the team.
Lees has been a pretty solid defender pretty much since day 1.

Iorfa looked the part at centerback earlier this season.
Borner was super solid to begin with, great positioning, always there and retaining possession.
Hutch is still a decent Championship defensive mid, but frozen out.
Luongo's looked like he might be good tho he's still not had a good run of starts.
Bannan is still one of the best midfielders in the league when used properly.
Harris early doors was like a man possessed. Now looks tired and a shadow of his former self.

Nando.. we all know how good he can be if you get him playing at his peak.
Rhodes was finally starting to get games with Fletch, scored a hattrick and is now suddenly even in the squad.
Fletch is quality, shame he's injured, obviously.

Da Cruz and Wickham look like good player to have available too.

So we have a lot of good players, if a manager can get them back to playing anywhere near their best. Their quality isn't questionable imo.

The fact we can all agree on is that they're not performing to their best right now.

We've given the manager enough payer with enough quality to be a competitive Championship side. We're only 6 points off the playoffs despite 1 win in 9, with 6 losses.. taking 1 point from 12 against bottom 3 sides. The quality of the players is way above that level of performance. A better manager would get more from these players. Instead we've got Monk who now spends his interviews blaming players and blithering like an idiot about 'threat, battle and composure'. He's not a good manager, and there's a reason he's never lasted in a job.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, cookeh said:

This.

Look thru our teams and we have players who have recently been plenty good enough, but are poor right now.

Westwood is still a decent Championship keeper, but he's been frozen out.
Palmer was really good last season and good early doors this season too.

Fox is maybe the exception in that he's got better under Monk, maybe because he's had a decent run in the team.
Lees has been a pretty solid defender pretty much since day 1.

Iorfa looked the part at centerback earlier this season.
Borner was super solid to begin with, great positioning, always there and retaining possession.
Hutch is still a decent Championship defensive mid, but frozen out.
Luongo's looked like he might be good tho he's still not had a good run of starts.
Bannan is still one of the best midfielders in the league when used properly.
Harris early doors was like a man possessed. Now looks tired and a shadow of his former self.

Nando.. we all know how good he can be if you get him playing at his peak.
Rhodes was finally starting to get games with Fletch, scored a hattrick and is now suddenly even in the squad.
Fletch is quality, shame he's injured, obviously.

Da Cruz and Wickham look like good player to have available too.

So we have a lot of good players, if a manager can get them back to playing anywhere near their best. Their quality isn't questionable imo.

The fact we can all agree on is that they're not performing to their best right now.

We've given the manager enough payer with enough quality to be a competitive Championship side. We're only 6 points off the playoffs despite 1 win in 9, with 6 losses.. taking 1 point from 12 against bottom 3 sides. The quality of the players is way above that level of performance. A better manager would get more from these players. Instead we've got Monk who now spends his interviews blaming players and blithering like an idiot about 'threat, battle and composure'. He's not a good manager, and there's a reason he's never lasted in a job.

Some excelent points made there. A lot of the players seem to have gone backwards under Monk. As you quite rightly say Harris was great but in 5 short months he looks hapless.

I have said before on this Forum it was Bruce who sorted Fox out, he has always had good delivery but his positional sense when defending was poor, he continually allowed the forward to get in behind him. Bruce had this sorted within weeks.

I think this squad should be in or just below the top 6 and a good manager would have them firmly planted in the top 6.

• Agree 2